Options

Dani California vs WWS

immortality_13immortality_13 Posts: 232
edited April 2006 in Other Music
which one do people fancy more, i prefer WWS, Dani California seems a bit dull and not very original in terms of music.
also which song will be popular over this year out of the 2?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ha, i just heard dani cali for the first time, and i wondered the same thing. I definitely prefer WWS. I prefer unemployable to DC, too
  • Options
    AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    Dani California all the way.
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • Options
    KlumpieKlumpie Posts: 2,649
    I prefer Dani California!
  • Options
    pj_zombiepj_zombie Posts: 272
    I like WWS more. I'm way more of a PJ fan than a RHCP fan and I just find the song better as a whole.
    Pearl Jam Album Rankings
    ---
    1. Ten
    2. Vs.
    3. Pearl Jam
    4. Binaural
    5. No Code
    6. Riot Act
    7. Yield
    8. Vitalogy

Pearl Jam Song Rankings
    ---
    1. Black
    2. Rearviewmirror
    3. Light Years
    4. Given to Fly
    5. Severed Hand
  • Options
    VMGACgVMGACg Posts: 135
    dani california will be much more popular. for one they still like making videos and being on MTV
    I am questioning my education
  • Options
    DC will be a lot more popular because RHCP is liked by so many posers and i think they are mainstream. Also WWS is a way better song and DC just wasnt that ineresting and the video was a turnoff too.
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    VONVON Posts: 259
    Dani california. I just like it better..
  • Options
    i really like dani california but i like wws better(if listened to at high volume)
    i gather speed...from u fucking with me

"i am the first man to shit my pants ya whew!"

its no crime to escape..theres still time to escape...theres still time so escape...

"yellow ledbetter is like the smoke after a 3 hour fuckfest" - 62strat

st.louis 04, chicago 06, and counting...
  • Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    I find Dani California to be somewhat boring, the only exciting and interesting parts are the chorus and solo. Just something about the verses that I find dull.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    Dani California will be the most popular to the general consensus, but i prefer WWS, I expect from what live tracks I've heard though that there is much better tracks on SA than Dani, Wet Sand and Ready Made spring to mind:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    wws, without a doubt.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    im extremely happy with both considering they are my no1 and no2 favorite bands and they finally have some new stuff but pearl jam takes spot 1 as usual and i do like WWS more than DC
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Yeh WWS all the way.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • Options
    WWS, but DC will become much more popular. WWS came out a week or 2 before DC, and PJ was getting some play on my local radio station, but ever since DC came out its overshadowed PJ's get song. the RHCP are much more mainstream in the first place, and like VMGACg said they are still crankin out the videos and really never went away on the MTV scene. I hope to see WWS get some more play.
    An ounce of deception
    Kills a pound of pain
  • Options
    WWS all the way.... just like an earlier poster said DC seems uninspired. I think alot of the RHCP recent stuff has been as well.....
    Irvine 6-3-03
    Santa Barbara 10-28-03
    L.A. Forum 7-9-06
    L.A. Forum 7-10-06
  • Options
    WWS kicks it's ass.

i'm sure the RHCP album will be better than that single..

it's not terrible though.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    VMGACg wrote:
    dani california will be much more popular. for one they still like making videos and being on MTV

Well...WWS debuted with higher audience and times played when you compare their first week out.

AND, WWS was released 2 weeks early because of the 'leak' remember? Radio stations didn't get the okay till Monday afternoon...anyway, they stack up pretty closely, but WWS had higher overall numbers in Alternative and Rock its first week out.

Here's the last 7 days:

Alternative Rock
    7-Day Report : By Rank
    Mediabase - All Stations

lw: Mar 25 - Mar 31 TW: Apr 1 - Apr 7
    Rank Spins
    TW lw Artist Title TW lw Move Aud/mill
    1 1 PEARL JAM World Wide Suicide 2491 2517 -26 14.289
    2 - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS Dani California 2090 - 2090 15.084

3 2 FOO FIGHTERS No Way Back 1998 2027 -29 8.995
    4 3 BLUE OCTOBER Hate Me 1974 1835 139 10.927
    5 7 PANIC! AT THE DISCO The Only Difference ... 1615 1552 63 9.912
    6 5 FALL OUT BOY Dance, Dance 1569 1778 -209 10.476
    7 4 NINE INCH NAILS Every Day Is Exactly... 1550 1787 -237 8.006
    8 6 SHE WANTS REVENGE Tear You Apart 1482 1563 -81 7.623
    9 10 HAWTHORNE HEIGHTS Saying Sorry 1406 1374 32 5.054
    10 8 10 YEARS Wasteland 1385 1472 -87 6.298

PS. I'm glad it's 2 bands with history duking it out for the #1 spot!
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    It has also been said that WWS was downloaded 250,000 times for free off the pearljam.com, I wonder the affect that had. I mean, it's STILL doing great numbers even with the 'leaks' and free downloads/myspace publicity.
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?p=2848604&posted=1#post2848604

The First Casualties Of WorldWideSuicide.....Viva La Pearl Jam!
  • Options
    culot4culot4 Posts: 775
    When I first heard Dani last week I had it on straight repeat for 2 hours without it getting old....I couldn't do that for WWS, but I could for Parachutes. This isn't a popular opinion but Im definately looking forward to Stadium a little more than PJ. RHCP makes better studio albums lately, PJ is a way better live band...Californication/ By the Way are far superior to Binaural/ Riot Act in my opinion as far as the production for studio albums goes.
    Once in a while you can get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right.
  • Options
    LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    Well...WWS debuted with higher audience and times played when you compare their first week out.

AND, WWS was released 2 weeks early because of the 'leak' remember? Radio stations didn't get the okay till Monday afternoon...anyway, they stack up pretty closely, but WWS had higher overall numbers in Alternative and Rock its first week out.

Here's the last 7 days:

Alternative Rock
    7-Day Report : By Rank
    Mediabase - All Stations

lw: Mar 25 - Mar 31 TW: Apr 1 - Apr 7
    Rank Spins
    TW lw Artist Title TW lw Move Aud/mill
    1 1 PEARL JAM World Wide Suicide 2491 2517 -26 14.289
    2 - RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS Dani California 2090 - 2090 15.084

3 2 FOO FIGHTERS No Way Back 1998 2027 -29 8.995
    !

Im happy to see the Foo Fighters having success with their new single too...love it and DC and WWS as well
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • Options
    sorry but i prefer dc...wws is ok

but i think it doesn't matter...the two greatest bands of our time will release albums in a few weeks which both will be great and its a little stupid to compare them song by song
    "now i've got room to spread my wings and my messages of love...yeah love was my drug but that's not what i died of"

"I don't wanna think, I wanna feel"

"Go then, there are other worlds than these!" - Jake Chambers

09/02/2005 Vancouver
    09/23/2006 Berlin
    06/21/2007 Düsseldorf
  • Options
    ok so i got a poster and its the photo from back in 1993 or something with vedder leaning against amment i think on stage with the mic in the photo as well......does anyone know what show this is from.
    "Certain things in life, it's a long way getting there, but once you get there it's just fucking spectacular." (Vedder: Gorge '05)
  • Options
    DieasGreyDieasGrey Posts: 124
    Dani California is the same played out stuff the peppers have put out the last 2 albums. As soon as i saw "California" in the title i knew it was going to be dissapointing.

WWS booya!
    No one is Righteous.......
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    Dani California is superior to Worldwide Suicide. However, Dani California is inferior to every other track off the new album except Unemployable and Life Wasted IMO.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    sorry but i prefer dc...wws is ok

but i think it doesn't matter...the two greatest bands of our time will release albums in a few weeks which both will be great and its a little stupid to compare them song by song
    Radiohead
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Pixies
    Anything with Chris Cornell
    Beck

etc..

there are a lot of bands i'd argue that upstage the chili's on "greatest band of our time"..

which i would give to Pearl Jam for a lot of reasons..

not saying they aren't up there... just trying to bring you back to reality for a minute ;)
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Options
    how can people say DC is better, its so unoriginal, so same to every other chili pepper song.
  • Options
    dan_vedderdan_vedder Posts: 213
    love both the songs but WWS does it for me
    Ten Club member 363***

7/11/06, 8/11/06, 18/11/06

escape is never the safest plan...
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    how can people say DC is better, its so unoriginal, so same to every other chili pepper song.
    in the last few years but it dont sound nothing like anything from OHM back.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    dani california is one of the weakest 1st singles realesed by a 'big band' since
    'nothing as it seems'. since it's a double album i hope there is something better there.
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • Options
    i think dani california is a better single. also since its a double album for the chilis i know it will probably have alot more impressive songs. i just think the chilis overall is a better band. still cant argue as well this is a pearl jam forum.