Comments

• Jennytree wrote:

+Rage Against The Machine
    Sex Pistols
    Chris Cornell
    Jonathan Davis
    Porcupine Tree
    etc etc etc

my plan is - like every year - no festivals.
    but this year I want to stay under 2 festivals, so, most likely southside is the place to be. hope to win tickets for any other festival, haha :D
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • I'm going to Bonnaroo this year. It will be my first festival.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    Bonnaroo & Rothbury, hopefully.
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Probably just summerfest if there is anybody worth seeing

http://www.summerfest.com
    I thought I heard some where that Petty was going to be there
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    +Rage Against The Machine
    Sex Pistols
    Chris Cornell
    Jonathan Davis
    Porcupine Tree
    etc etc etc

Ooo they added more bands in the past day or so? Awesome!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
  • Jennytree wrote:
    Ooo they added more bands in the past day or so? Awesome!
    they had a press conference last night for the 3 main festivals in Austria. Austrian promoters are only just starting to get the grip of How To Make A Big Fuss About Festival Announcements :D

there's also Frequency Festival in August, which is more on the "indie" side (REM, Babyshambles, Chikinki, Flogging Molly, Dropkick Murphys etc), and Nuke Festival in July - more laid-back (Lenny Kravitz, Chemical Brothers, etc).

a kind of different festival, which I'm definitely going to attend as often as possible, is the poolbar-festival. It takes place in an old indoor swimming pool, and goes from the end June until mid-August. they have a bunch of gigs every week, and the atmosphere is brilliant. but they don't have any huge band announcements yet.

toaster wrote:
    I'd love to see Kaizers Orchestra and Kent! Oya looks pretty good, too, with Sigur Rós playing on my birthday... aah, I've to stop looking in that kinda threads.
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    Sziget Festival - Iron Maiden, R.E.M. so far...

Nova Rock - Incubus so far...WOW, :eek: Rage Against The Machine (I have been waiting for the confirmation), Chris Cornell(I am still angry he cancelled his show in Hungary)!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • Booked my plane tickets, shuttle from the airport, and bought my bonnaroo tickets!!! Will be my first proper festival. I've been itching to go to Bonnaroo for many years now, regardless of Pearl Jam playing, but them playing is only a huge incentive for me to go this year. Bonnaroo baby!!!!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2018 Fenway I, Fenway II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 MSG I, Fenway I, Fenway II
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    Ricsard wrote:
    Sziget Festival - Iron Maiden, R.E.M. so far...

Nova Rock - Incubus so far...WOW, :eek: Rage Against The Machine (I have been waiting for the confirmation), Chris Cornell(I am still angry he cancelled his show in Hungary)!!!

I saw you posting on the Novarock forum :p And Incubus were fab there last year
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!