Any other Aussies pumped for the upcoming Powderfinger / Silverchair tour...?

2»

Comments

• E.KE.K Posts: 7,709
    Oz Jammer wrote:
    Still wish it was "Powder Jam" not "Powderchair"

Me too. Maybe you could suggest it to you know who so he in turn could mention it to the other you know who. :D
    Sydney, Australia - March 12, 1998; Sydney, Australia - February 14, 2003; Sydney, Australia - November 8, 2006; Sydney, Australia - November 25, 2006;  Brisbane, Australia - November, 2009; Gold Coast, Australia - January, 2014

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Lukin4 wrote:
    Just have to say, this is the most excited I've been for a non PJ concert ever..... these are 2 of my 3 fave Aussie bands, and to see them both play on the same night is going to be magic!!!
    Anyone else going to the Gold Coast gig who is keen for a preshow meetup, let me know..... I'm sure we can get a crew together for a few not so quiet ales somewhere... :)

who's the other band?

not that i'm going to any of the tour dates. but i am listening to parables for wooden ears this week as my album of the week. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • No. Powderfinger has not changed their style for years, Bernard should just go solo. As for Silverchair, well they continue to suck as they always have and the new radio friendly stuff is worse than their early grunge imitation rock.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    No. Powderfinger has not changed their style for years, Bernard should just go solo. As for Silverchair, well they continue to suck as they always have and the new radio friendly stuff is worse than their early grunge imitation rock.

ah, another one of these. have fun listening with your ears closed.

i also wanna know who lukin's 3rd fav aussie band is.
  • ah, another one of these. have fun listening with your ears closed.

i also wanna know who lukin's 3rd fav aussie band is.

Guess I'm just lacking that deeper level of perception which you obviously possess.
  • I was thinking about this the other day (regarding John's opinion of their earlier work)...and thought, 'What if Pearl Jam disregarded some of their earlier stuff as immature or they outgrew it'....

The fact that PJ play both their early stuff and their newer stuff really is one of the reasons they have such a loyal support group, and if the 'chair were smart about this, as you say, they will wake up to it and not alienate the fan base that they captured at the beginning.

A lot of people, myself included, hopped onboard at frogstomp and kept riding the wave to Young Modern. It's good to hear that old stuff again even if it's not every show. Imagine if they started playing Tomorrow and Pure Massacre as often as Evenflow and Corduroy... a lot of people would pay to see those two songs played once at most gigs.
    Adelaide, 21st & 22nd November 2006
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Guess I'm just lacking that deeper level of perception which you obviously possess.

perhaps just lacking the patience/willingness to go any further than listening to one single once before writing off the band/album.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    I was thinking about this the other day (regarding John's opinion of their earlier work)...and thought, 'What if Pearl Jam disregarded some of their earlier stuff as immature or they outgrew it'....

The fact that PJ play both their early stuff and their newer stuff really is one of the reasons they have such a loyal support group, and if the 'chair were smart about this, as you say, they will wake up to it and not alienate the fan base that they captured at the beginning.

A lot of people, myself included, hopped onboard at frogstomp and kept riding the wave to Young Modern. It's good to hear that old stuff again even if it's not every show. Imagine if they started playing Tomorrow and Pure Massacre as often as Evenflow and Corduroy... a lot of people would pay to see those two songs played once at most gigs.

i figure that when daniel talks about their early stuff as immature he is taking into account that they were babies when frogstomp came out. who you are as a middle teen is not who you are as a mature person in your twenties.(at least for most of us anyway). pearl jam on the other hand were grown men when ten came out.
    i loved when silverchair started to work with van dyke parks to add a new dimension to their work. it showed that as musicians, they were willing to explore all their musical options and that they weren't going to allow themselves the stay in one spot and rot.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Just saw Silverchair in Seattle at the Showbox and have to say they put on a really good show. Glad we went. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."