Any other Aussies pumped for the upcoming Powderfinger / Silverchair tour...?

AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Just have to say, this is the most excited I've been for a non PJ concert ever..... these are 2 of my 3 fave Aussie bands, and to see them both play on the same night is going to be magic!!!
Anyone else going to the Gold Coast gig who is keen for a preshow meetup, let me know..... I'm sure we can get a crew together for a few not so quiet ales somewhere... :)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Ssssh!! :( I'm so pissed off to discover that it'll be on here in Gotham, while I'm in Queensland so I won't be going! :mad:

Think this will be the first Silverchair tour I've missed.

Ooops!! But I'm happy for you Lukin. It's gonna be an awesome night! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • DananDanan Posts: 94
    Should be a cracker!
    Wellington 26/2/98
    Melbourne 13/11/06
    Melbourne 14/11/06
    Melbourne 16/11/06
    Seattle 21/9/09
    Seattle 22/9/09
    Auckland 27/11/09
    Christchurch 29/11/09
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    forgot to ask as well, but did anyone see the Powderfinger interview on Sunrise this morning??? Molly Meldrum asked the boys if they've ever thought about approaching Neil Young to tour or play with..... their response, obviously, was utter hero worship stuff..... but it did get me thinking..... how cool would it be to see them go and play the Bridge School show one year!!!
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,366
    im definitely looking forward to it!! but adel1 is a tues night... and i live an hour out of town.. so im gonna have an average position by the time i get there after work!!

both the chair and finger's new albums are pretty good. i just wish the finger would remember how to play something off double allergic (IMO their best work). one day daniel will realise that chair fans WANT to hear the frog again - whether he thinks it's shit or not doesnt matter!!
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
    im definitely looking forward to it!! but adel1 is a tues night... and i live an hour out of town.. so im gonna have an average position by the time i get there after work!!

both the chair and finger's new albums are pretty good. i just wish the finger would remember how to play something off double allergic (IMO their best work). one day daniel will realise that chair fans WANT to hear the frog again - whether he thinks it's shit or not doesnt matter!!

yeah, they both need to dig a little deeper into their catalogues for live shows imo..... although, having seen both bands multiple times, i'm really keen to hear how the 2 new albums come up live... especially stuff off Dream Days...
    Lukin4 wrote:
    forgot to ask as well, but did anyone see the Powderfinger interview on Sunrise this morning??? Molly Meldrum asked the boys if they've ever thought about approaching Neil Young to tour or play with..... their response, obviously, was utter hero worship stuff..... but it did get me thinking..... how cool would it be to see them go and play the Bridge School show one year!!!

Didn't see it! Bugger! :(

But how cool would it be to see them play Bridge?!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    ...... one day daniel will realise that chair fans WANT to hear the frog again - whether he thinks it's shit or not doesnt matter!!

I'll put money on them playing it in Melbourne this tour!

Coz I won't be there and the ONLY song that I haven't heard live yet that I really want to hear is Tomorrow!!!

Yeah, they'll play it in Melbourne I just know it!!!
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Didn't see it! Bugger! :(

But how cool would it be to see them play Bridge?!! :D

Maybe we should start a petition...... Powderfinder for BSB 08!!! then, in return for us giving them the finger, they could send PJ back down here!!! sounds like a plan...
    Lukin4 wrote:
    Maybe we should start a petition...... Powderfinder for BSB 08!!! then, in return for us giving them the finger, they could send PJ back down here!!! sounds like a plan...

Sounds like a bloody EXCELLENT plan mate!! :D

Count me in! I'll sign! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    Sounds like a bloody EXCELLENT plan mate!! :D

Count me in! I'll sign! :)

Mkay..... that's 2 of us then..... we're off and running!!!
    Lukin4 wrote:
    Mkay..... that's 2 of us then..... we're off and running!!!

haha!! :D We better find some others pretty quick! I'm thinking two of us just aint gonna be enough somehow! :)

What we need is all them lovely folk that got the petition together for Newy! Now those guys know how to get what they want! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    haha!! :D We better find some others pretty quick! I'm thinking two of us just aint gonna be enough somehow! :)

What we need is all them lovely folk that got the petition together for Newy! Now those guys know how to get what they want! :D

Damn right!!! Novocastrians rock!!! totally unbiased opinion of course, being from Newcastle and all....
    Lukin4 wrote:
    Damn right!!! Novocastrians rock!!! totally unbiased opinion of course, being from Newcastle and all....

They sure do! :)

Hell, I'm not even from Newy and I agree! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:
    I'll put money on them playing it in Melbourne this tour!

Coz I won't be there and the ONLY song that I haven't heard live yet that I really want to hear is Tomorrow!!!

Yeah, they'll play it in Melbourne I just know it!!!

you're on! easiest money i've ever made
    you're on! easiest money i've ever made

Don't be so sure! :D

You don't know about me and the family curse! ;)

It's kinda like Murphy's Law only more irritating!! :eek:

Anyway, what do you want to wager? :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    what are you wearing jeanie?
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    glasshouse wrote:
    what are you wearing jeanie?

Right now? :confused:
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    yip. why is that confusing?

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
    glasshouse wrote:
    yip. why is that confusing?

Seems an odd question. :o

Elmo pyjamas.

Why do you ask?
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    just fooling around i guess. i like your name. i also like almo pajamas.

glasshouse wrote:
    just fooling around i guess. i like your name. i also like almo pajamas.

:D hehe! Ok well I guess I can relax a little then!

I like my name and elmo pyjamas too! :D

Do you realize that "The Glasshouse" is the name of a really cool TV programme that used to be on the ABC here? :)

And it's also the name of the stadium where all the basketball goes on here in Gotham. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    nope,did not know that.

did you know "life in a glasshouse" is one of my favorite Radiohead songs, hence.........

tell Batman i said wazup

glasshouse wrote:
    nope,did not know that.

did you know "life in a glasshouse" is one of my favorite Radiohead songs, hence.........

tell Batman i said wazup

Ah! So which album of Radiohead's do I need to hear this? :o

I'll pass on the greetings to Batman! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    AMNESIAC

glasshouse wrote:
    AMNESIAC

haha!! :D How appropriate!!! :D
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • Oz JammerOz Jammer Posts: 9,858
    Lukin4 wrote:
    Just have to say, this is the most excited I've been for a non PJ concert ever..... these are 2 of my 3 fave Aussie bands, and to see them both play on the same night is going to be magic!!!
    Anyone else going to the Gold Coast gig who is keen for a preshow meetup, let me know..... I'm sure we can get a crew together for a few not so quiet ales somewhere... :)

I'm excited!!!!

Newcastle to both start and finish the tour :)

Still wish it was "Powder Jam" not "Powderchair" but you won't hear me complaining (too much) ;)
    Jeanie wrote:

Anyway, what do you want to wager? :)

whatever u can afford to lose! :p

johns has said on many occasions that he pretty much hates the frog and thinks its the worst shit ever written. and im pretty sure he doesnt really like playing freak either. when will he learn, dammit!!

i'm sure he will come to his senses one day... until then.... there will be no tomorrow or pure massacre... and definitely no findaway :(
    whatever u can afford to lose! : p

johns has said on many occasions that he pretty much hates the frog and thinks its the worst shit ever written. and im pretty sure he doesnt really like playing freak either. when will he learn, dammit!!

i'm sure he will come to his senses one day... until then.... there will be no tomorrow or pure massacre... and definitely no findaway : (

I'm pretty sure I've heard them play pure massacre live.

But tomorrow live still eludes me! :(

I had heard him say on numerous occassions that they are over it, and embarrassed by frog because they were so young and they don't think it's their best work, just some kiddy project they want to forget. I'm hoping too that at some point they realize the impact that their "kiddy project" had on other people and that they'll embrace it again!
    And knowing my luck, which as I've mentioned is bad, I do think if they ever do play it, it's bound to be when I'm not there! So Melbourne is looking good for everybody else!! :D

Clearly I ain't gonna be wagering my elmo pj's! ;) :eek:

How bout I'll buy you a drink sometime if I lose? Coz I'm sure you've already got all the PJ boots and rarities that you could want and I doubt there's anything in my chair collection that you don't already have. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Jeanie wrote:

How bout I'll buy you a drink sometime if I lose?

deal!! but i think i live a fair way from gotham city :p

i keep saying "one day daniel will realise that fans love the frog.. and the frog is the reason they are successful. they played israels son about every 2nd show in 2003.. that's the last the frog was mentioned! freak and the door were staples this yr on tour.

did you see the chair on jay leno? poor daniel had laryngitis. he was forced to belt out the choruses cos his voice was so fucked and had no ability to hit high notes. hopefully they dont suffer too many sales in the states from the average performance.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    deal!! but i think i live a fair way from gotham city :p

i keep saying "one day daniel will realise that fans love the frog.. and the frog is the reason they are successful. they played israels son about every 2nd show in 2003.. that's the last the frog was mentioned! freak and the door were staples this yr on tour.

did you see the chair on jay leno? poor daniel had laryngitis. he was forced to belt out the choruses cos his voice was so fucked and had no ability to hit high notes. hopefully they dont suffer too many sales in the states from the average performance.
    ...and the end result: they've had to postpone/reschedule the first few shows of their US tour.

They were supposed to open the tour last night at the House of Blues in San Diego (so what if it was Friday the 13th?); after the Leno show, it was obvious that it just wasn't going to happen because his voice was in bad shape. I was going to go to tonight's show in LA.

I've been enjoying "Young Modern" for a few weeks now so I was looking forward to the show. The album's not out in the states until July 24th so hopefully the down time will do him some good.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace