Fallout Boy??

2»

Comments

• RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943

The people that piss themselves over arguing about how much they hate Fall Out Boy, or any other band for that matter only come off as ignorant and closed minded.

I like it, I agree, you're absolutely right!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • mrwalkerb wrote:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_race

ah ha ha ha

ok someone sort of touched on this earlier but I'm going to expand with a metaphor that I think is dead on. Fall out boy and Panic! etc. are the Backstreet Boys/N*Sync etc. of now. The only difference is they replaced the dancing with guitars and I don't think all the members of these groups are in on the joke. I mean look at the target demographic-Teenage kids who and are easily swayed to want and subsequently purchase something if it is marketed right. These bands are a perfect example, they are cookie cutter and will be thought of pretty much the same way that BSB are now. The funny thing is that if anything they are more successful than the second wave of boy bands circa 2000 were. What these guys do is attract not only the little girls in training bras and sketcher shoes who love Lindsay and Paris but the naive "punk" kids who see this and are able to distinguish "Pop" from "Rock" but when they become blended so efficiently like the way they are in these groups they don't know any better. Which is why so many people also despise them like no one else in recent memory.
    Don't get me wrong, people hated the Backstreet Boys and their ilk but not the way they hate these guys. I think the reason for this is the same as the unsuspecting kid in a green day shirt (whom by the way have almost become a New Kids on the Block if I can extend my analogy. After American Idiot, punk was popular-I don't mean people stopped listening to it becasue that's a bunch of BS- but popular in that it was on teh charts and what is on the charts is what people who watch TRL and listen to Rick Dees experience therefore creating a market for catchy sing along pop-punk songs that had faded away) waiting to download the new Panic! single from Myspace. Because these kids who think of themselves as actual punks or so many people from the board who are having problems seeing the product as anything more than that-if you can tell that Madonna and Britney are just selling something and are not artists why is it so much harder to tell now? Either way it's a marketing coup for whoever decided to push these bands as hard as they did.

P.S-I think Pete Wentz does write the lyrics hence the attention
    Or maybe... just maybe they like the music.

You're overanalyzing the situation.
  • bossman3188bossman3188 Posts: 263
    can i clear this up? fall out boy is gay and always will be. i know i should respect other peoples taste in music, but id rather burn for all eternity than listen to FOB
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    mrwalkerb wrote:
    Fall out boy and Panic! etc. are the Backstreet Boys/N*Sync etc. of now. The only difference is they replaced the dancing with guitars and I don't think all the members of these groups are in on the joke.

If one wants to be fair though, FOB and Panic do write and play their own music; neither Nsync nor BSB did that- those groups were created by that strange older guy by auditioning or something no? Whether you like the music or not, I think that is an important distinction.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    how is this thread still alive?
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • cherylcrowecherylcrowe Posts: 69
    Questions about this band,.,..
    Don't really knnow much about them except for their singles.
    My question is....why does the bass player (Pete Wentz??) get all teh attention. He is the face of the band. Does he write all of the songs or something? You would think he is the frontman. The singer gets no attention??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fall_out_boy
    when you click on his name, it says he is frontman and lyricist. But the first page of the article says the other guy is the lead vocalist. I'm not familiar with them, just heard that song of theirs on the radio.
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    JaneNY wrote:
    If one wants to be fair though, FOB and Panic do write and play their own music; neither Nsync nor BSB did that- those groups were created by that strange older guy by auditioning or something no? Whether you like the music or not, I think that is an important distinction.

Granted but the point is these bands have become a product first and foremost, like the boy bands I mentioned (as well as countless other singers but that's getting off point). Both are aimed at the same group of people etc. so while they may have started off as different once they reached a point where someone thought it was a good idea to really push and market them like that they became the same.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    JaneNY wrote:

just because you write your own music doesn't let you off the hook -- if it sucks, it sucks. i don't know why people have sunken to the level of, "oh, at least they write their own stuff..."

it's not an important distinction.

i'd rather listen to a phony piece of shit band like kings of leon or the strokes who get a whole lotta help writing their songs from industry folks than listen to a talentless, mtv-horny band who does do all the writing. it makes no difference if they write it or not when you're talking about the quality of the music.
  • Fall Out Boy has much more talent than Kings of Leon. The Strokes aren't really all that great either but a bit more talented than KoL.

I don't care if some music elite thinks that listening to FOB is gay. At least they're more fun than those boring ass bands who don't take any chances in their music and have no vibe at all.
  • chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    Fall Out Boy has much more talent than Kings of Leon. The Strokes aren't really all that great either but a bit more talented than KoL.

I don't care if some music elite thinks that listening to FOB is gay. At least they're more fun than those boring ass bands who don't take any chances in their music and have no vibe at all.

to say fall out boy is taking chances is to say there have been no casualties in Iraq.
  • My main problem with this band is that they're live shows are horrible. I'm not alone in thinking this. I've heard their fans say it. I've heard critics say it. I think I even read somewhere where they said their shows are infamously bad. What the fuck? Anyone can sound good in a multi-million dollar recording studio with 81 takes to get it right, each person recording separately, but if you can't back that shit up live, you're nothing but a hack.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    survey says!

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

The correct answer was "Fall Out Boy amount to less than the tiny worms in puppy shit."
    you're a tiresome person
    can i clear this up? fall out boy is gay and always will be. i know i should respect other peoples taste in music, but id rather burn for all eternity than listen to FOB
    ah I see, so we are to believe your opinion is more valid than a fall out boy fan's, in spite of your 12 year old's utilisation of "gay" as an insult. are you genuinely homophobic or just unable to gather together enough words to actually articulate your feelings on fall out boy? is it their supposed homosexuality that bothers you? no? ok then...
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Questions about this band,.,..
    Don't really knnow much about them except for their singles.
    My question is....why does the bass player (Pete Wentz??) get all teh attention. He is the face of the band. Does he write all of the songs or something? You would think he is the frontman. The singer gets no attention??

a) women have told me this singer is kind of overweight and unattractive
    b) that douche made a sex tape
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    My main problem with this band is that they're live shows are horrible. I'm not alone in thinking this. I've heard their fans say it. I've heard critics say it. I think I even read somewhere where they said their shows are infamously bad. What the fuck? Anyone can sound good in a multi-million dollar recording studio with 81 takes to get it right, each person recording separately, but if you can't back that shit up live, you're nothing but a hack.

They were BRUTAL on SNL.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    to say fall out boy is taking chances is to say there have been no casualties in Iraq.

Did someone in Fall Out Boy kill your puppy? Sheesh...