Fallout Boy??

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Questions about this band,.,..
Don't really knnow much about them except for their singles.
My question is....why does the bass player (Pete Wentz??) get all teh attention. He is the face of the band. Does he write all of the songs or something? You would think he is the frontman. The singer gets no attention??
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    google it
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    He is pretty
  • ArctangentArctangent Posts: 614
    i think you'll find its pete wentze's cock that actually gets all the attention. they don't have much else going for them really and anything that detracts from the music they make is all good with me.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    If you are thinking about liking them go ahead and slit your wrist and save yourself the pain.

Just kidding... kind of...

I find their music to be horrible, but to each their own.

I think folks hit the nail with the hammer were pete is considered a pretty boy etc
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    erm,

try the Fall out boy forum?

I dont think you are going to get many answers here..............
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    you know that pile of shit that you step in and spend the entire day trying to get off the bottom of your shoe? I pay more attention to that than FOB
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
    Lukin66 wrote:
    you know that pile of shit that you step in and spend the entire day trying to get off the bottom of your shoe? I pay more attention to that than FOB

hahahahaha
  • THCTHC Posts: 525
    I think its the classic example how the good looking person in the band is the one who gets the most attention. everyone else in that band is a bit un-attractive..so by default...the basist become the front man...the face...and the only recognizible one for the band. Its pretty stupid for things to be that way...but its the way of the world...and FOB is a classic example of that...
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • Housing JimHousing Jim Posts: 644
    I believe that Pete Wentz writes all the lyrics while the singer writes the music.

I was listening to the radio the other day and there was a guy from Gym Class Heroes being interviewed and they asked him about Fall Out Boy. he replied that he thought the singer guy was a great songwriter and that Pete Wentz is a great business man.

Not a musician, a business man......it's a brand, not a band
    A democracy on paper, apparently well ordered, regularly subverted by irrational chaos.

Manchester - 4/6/2000
    London - 20/4/2006
    Dublin - 23/8/2006
    London - 18/6/2007
    New York City - 24/6/2008
    New York City - 25/6/2008 - we will be "what is up" New York
    Manchester - 18/8/2009
    Manchester - 20/6/2012
    Leeds - 6/7/2014
    London - 18/6/2018
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    THC wrote:
    I think its the classic example how the good looking person in the band is the one who gets the most attention. everyone else in that band is a bit un-attractive..so by default...the basist become the front man...the face...and the only recognizible one for the band. Its pretty stupid for things to be that way...but its the way of the world...and FOB is a classic example of that...

That guy is not, by any means, good looking at all!!
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    whatever anyone says, Fall Out Boy make fun, harmless, catchy pop music. if you disagree, I don't care. not many bands can make an album as instantly enjoyable as Infinity on High while actually doing something different (for every elitist hipster twat who will say they are some shit emo band, listen to the soul and hip hop influences).

I personally hate Pete Wentz, think he's an arrogant idiot who writes lyrics based on amusing wordplay rather than anything of substance. having said that, I like the tunes and am not embarrassed to say it. Patrick Stump is a good singer and seems like a nice guy, but he isnt going to get the same attention as wentz because wentz is a 14 year old emo girl's fantasy.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    He's the least ugly memeber of the band due to all the makeup he wears.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Who cares? FOB are actual shit.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    Who cares? FOB are actual shit.

hahahaha

im loving some of comments in this thread
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    whatever anyone says, Fall Out Boy make fun, harmless, catchy pop music. if you disagree, I don't care. not many bands can make an album as instantly enjoyable as Infinity on High while actually doing something different (for every elitist hipster twat who will say they are some shit emo band, listen to the soul and hip hop influences).

I personally hate Pete Wentz, think he's an arrogant idiot who writes lyrics based on amusing wordplay rather than anything of substance. having said that, I like the tunes and am not embarrassed to say it. Patrick Stump is a good singer and seems like a nice guy, but he isnt going to get the same attention as wentz because wentz is a 14 year old emo girl's fantasy.

Wilco-Summerteeth
    Pure Pop Bliss with Intellegence

You can make good pop music that album is a good example.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    intodeep wrote:
    Wilco-Summerteeth
    Pure Pop Bliss with Intellegence

You can make good pop music that album is a good example.
    yes, I'm sure it's great. however, I also happen to think that fall out boy make good pop music. I mean seriously, go and listen to "the take over, the break's over" and tell me that they can't construct a pop song. ignore all your prejudices about them being "emo" or "scene".
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • I Am GoneI Am Gone Posts: 831
    I have as little time for FOB as the next guy, but you have to look at the bigger picture. They write catchy pop-rock songs that are perfect to entice little emo kids, and when the 14yr old girls see Wentz topless, no doubt it is like love at first sight.

But eventually some of these kids are going to use FOB as a stepping stone towards better music, and sooner or later, many will disregard them.

7, 8 yrs ago when i was 13,14 i remember buying a Good Charlotte album and thinking it was great. I then bought some more mainstream crap, until i hit upon the Chili Peppers, who i thought were the greatest thing ever. Of course, i still have much respect for them and their works of 2 decades that produced brilliance like BSSM, but at the time i only liked the hits - Under The Bridge, Scar Tissue etc.

By following the Peppers i found the members had wide and varied tastes in music, which i found exciting and explored as vastly as i could.

Several years later, my tastes have a much more varied flavour, and i listen to almost anything, be it classic rock, jazz, hip hop etc.

The point i'm trying to make is that if i hadn't bought shit like Good Charlotte, then i would never have been able to discover bands like PJ. And i can honestly say that if i was a 12/13 year old in 2007 with little to no knowledge of music, if someone handed me a copy of the new FOB album and a copy of Vitalogy, then i would have preferred FOB hands down. If you can honestly say that this doesn't apply to you then i am happy for you, but i think a lot of you are kidding yourselves if you are trying to claim otherwise.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

The Bible is full of lies - Stone is the leader of us all!
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Why does the lead singer always wear a cap?
    fada wrote:
    Why does the lead singer always wear a cap?

Probably premature balding.
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I'm Gone wrote:
    I have as little time for FOB as the next guy, but you have to look at the bigger picture. They write catchy pop-rock songs that are perfect to entice little emo kids, and when the 14yr old girls see Wentz topless, no doubt it is like love at first sight.

But eventually some of these kids are going to use FOB as a stepping stone towards better music, and sooner or later, many will disregard them.

7, 8 yrs ago when i was 13,14 i remember buying a Good Charlotte album and thinking it was great. I then bought some more mainstream crap, until i hit upon the Chili Peppers, who i thought were the greatest thing ever. Of course, i still have much respect for them and their works of 2 decades that produced brilliance like BSSM, but at the time i only liked the hits - Under The Bridge, Scar Tissue etc.

By following the Peppers i found the members had wide and varied tastes in music, which i found exciting and explored as vastly as i could.

Several years later, my tastes have a much more varied flavour, and i listen to almost anything, be it classic rock, jazz, hip hop etc.

The point i'm trying to make is that if i hadn't bought shit like Good Charlotte, then i would never have been able to discover bands like PJ. And i can honestly say that if i was a 12/13 year old in 2007 with little to no knowledge of music, if someone handed me a copy of the new FOB album and a copy of Vitalogy, then i would have preferred FOB hands down. If you can honestly say that this doesn't apply to you then i am happy for you, but i think a lot of you are kidding yourselves if you are trying to claim otherwise.

I count myself lucky that I was 12/13 in 1990.;):D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    I count myself lucky that I was 12/13 in 1990.;):D

Lucky bastard :D
    REMEMBER KIDS....

• chrisopaloozachrisopalooza Posts: 347
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    Fall Out Boy make fun, harmless, catchy pop music.

survey says!

ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!

The correct answer was "Fall Out Boy amount to less than the tiny worms in puppy shit."
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    "scene".

Can someone please explain to me what the hell "Scene" is. I see the damn description everywhere and have no idea what it is.
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    Fall Out Boy is more than just a band, it's a way of life. A lifestlye, have you.

I beleive that Pete Wentz guy actually said that in an interview.
  • It's probably because Pete Wentz is the frontman.
  • Also there's nothing wrong with Fall Out Boy. If you choose to cream your pants over grunge instead of emo then it's your choice, you're not scoring extra points on the hipster scale so just chill out about it.

The people that piss themselves over arguing about how much they hate Fall Out Boy, or any other band for that matter only come off as ignorant and closed minded.
  • ClaudiaClaudia Posts: 398
    It's probably because Pete Wentz is the frontman.

:D true
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    lukin321 wrote:
    Can someone please explain to me what the hell "Scene" is. I see the damn description everywhere and have no idea what it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arms_race

ah ha ha ha

ok someone sort of touched on this earlier but I'm going to expand with a metaphor that I think is dead on. Fall out boy and Panic! etc. are the Backstreet Boys/N*Sync etc. of now. The only difference is they replaced the dancing with guitars and I don't think all the members of these groups are in on the joke. I mean look at the target demographic-Teenage kids who and are easily swayed to want and subsequently purchase something if it is marketed right. These bands are a perfect example, they are cookie cutter and will be thought of pretty much the same way that BSB are now. The funny thing is that if anything they are more successful than the second wave of boy bands circa 2000 were. What these guys do is attract not only the little girls in training bras and sketcher shoes who love Lindsay and Paris but the naive "punk" kids who see this and are able to distinguish "Pop" from "Rock" but when they become blended so efficiently like the way they are in these groups they don't know any better. Which is why so many people also despise them like no one else in recent memory.
    Don't get me wrong, people hated the Backstreet Boys and their ilk but not the way they hate these guys. I think the reason for this is the same as the unsuspecting kid in a green day shirt (whom by the way have almost become a New Kids on the Block if I can extend my analogy. After American Idiot, punk was popular-I don't mean people stopped listening to it becasue that's a bunch of BS- but popular in that it was on teh charts and what is on the charts is what people who watch TRL and listen to Rick Dees experience therefore creating a market for catchy sing along pop-punk songs that had faded away) waiting to download the new Panic! single from Myspace. Because these kids who think of themselves as actual punks or so many people from the board who are having problems seeing the product as anything more than that-if you can tell that Madonna and Britney are just selling something and are not artists why is it so much harder to tell now? Either way it's a marketing coup for whoever decided to push these bands as hard as they did.

P.S-I think Pete Wentz does write the lyrics hence the attention
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    intodeep wrote:
    If you are thinking about liking them go ahead and slit your wrist and save yourself the pain.

Just kidding... kind of...

I find their music to be horrible, but to each their own.

I think folks hit the nail with the hammer were pete is considered a pretty boy etc

no no your advice is pretty spot on..
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Claudia wrote:
    :D true
    No he is not. he is the bass player
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra