Scott Weiland is an A$$

Champagne BreakfastChampagne Breakfast Posts: 1,526
edited March 2007 in Other Music
I appreciate this guys music and I know he has been through a lot but within the past 2 weeks I've noticed how much of an ass he his.
I happened to run into him twice 2 weeks ago in NYC. He was at the Waldorf for the rock n roll hall of fame. I work a block away and saw Scott outside twice. He was literally outside just hanging out yelling at everyone. Profanity laced Screaming at fans trying to get autographs (all 4 of them). To be honest they really were not houding him either. Everyone was shocked by Scotts reaction. This happened on two seperate occasions.

Then I read in yesterdays papers how Scott and his wife were in some major trouble the past weekend in Burbank, CA. They apparently got into a huge fight and destroyed the hotel room. It was noted part of the brawl was in front of their young kids. There was destroyed furniture, outlets, clocks phones, blood on the sheets, and a note in the garbage that read "in blood" in spanish. I'm trying to find the link.
PJ - 36
EV - 5
(**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    he's probably back on the pipe (and I'm a huge fan of Weiland).
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Maybe if you didn't pry into his private life...
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Its too bad that his personal problems often overshadow the guy's amazing voice and singing capability.

Also, the shitty band he's in now doesn't help.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    maybe he did not refill his meds? rages are a symptom of being bi-polar, which he is....

I found a recent youtube video of him singing roadhouse blues with camp freddy in miami. he did a really good cover. I did not bookmark it though.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Maybe if you didn't pry into his private life...
    Did u even read the post.
    There was an article in the paper about his hotel room tirade.
    & I literally walked into him and past him on the street twice. He was making quite the scene each time so it was almost impossible to miss.
    I wouldn't call either of that getting into his personal life. AH.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

iluvcats wrote:
    maybe he did not refill his meds? rages are a symptom of being bi-polar, which he is....

I found a recent youtube video of him singing roadhouse blues with camp freddy in miami. he did a really good cover. I did not bookmark it though.

I've found all of the Doors covers he's done to be phenomenal. He just pulls off Jim Morrison really well.
  • surfanddestroysurfanddestroy Posts: 2,786
    Did u even read the post.
    There was an article in the paper about his hotel room tirade.
    & I literally walked into him and past him on the street twice. He was making quite the scene each time so it was almost impossible to miss.
    I wouldn't call either of that getting into his personal life. AH.

Do you believe everything you read?
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
    yosi wrote:
    I've found all of the Doors covers he's done to be phenomenal. He just pulls off Jim Morrison really well.

did you bookmark roadhouse blues? i like it! i will never be able to find it again :(
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,242
    he's a totall looser and uhew he is a parent ? sad world ......
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    note to self: never ask scott for his autograph
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    did you bookmark roadhouse blues? i like it! i will never be able to find it again :(

I've actually never seen/heard the cover with Camp Freddy. But I do have him covering it with STP from the House of Blues on audio. I can send it to you if want :).
    Keeponrockin and iluvcats check your PMs/emails.
  • solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    it's such a pity. I know when I bought STP greatest hits. It has a dvd of with film clips and live footage.

I didn't even recognise Scott, from the unplugged days to the way he was at the end of stp.

I guess we can all be thankful that Pearl Jam are still together and treat their fans with respect.It seems alot of bands are falling down around them and yet they still continue to make spectacular music.

Scott Weiland will be the next big name to die!! I know it sounds horrible but the guy seriously has to do something about the drug habit.
  • solace23 wrote:
    it's such a pity. I know when I bought STP greatest hits. It has a dvd of with film clips and live footage.

I didn't even recognise Scott, from the unplugged days to the way he was at the end of stp.

I guess we can all be thankful that Pearl Jam are still together and treat their fans with respect.It seems alot of bands are falling down around them and yet they still continue to make spectacular music.

Scott Weiland will be the next big name to die!! I know it sounds horrible but the guy seriously has to do something about the drug habit.

This would seem to indicate that he has done something about it, following his brother's death.:(

http://vr.belowempty.com/articles/2007/070312_Rolling_Stone.php
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
    solace23 wrote:

To be honest, he should have died a hundred times by now. Like he says, its a miracle that he hasn't.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    lowlight10 wrote:
    he's probably back on the pipe (and I'm a huge fan of Weiland).

It's sad to say but his music is 100% better when he is on the pipe...maybe the next VR album won't suck
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • SLH916SLH916 Posts: 132
    Scott Weiland had the most amazing voice, maybe more versatile than Eddie's (sorry), but he sounded horrible at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Does anyone know, is his voice blown out, or can he still sing?
  • RyeGuyRyeGuy Posts: 215
    I'm a STP fan but i don't like velvet revolver at all.
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense." Ed Ved

"No one cares about climbing stairs, Nothing at the top no more." Chris Cornell
    SLH916 wrote:
    Scott Weiland had the most amazing voice, maybe more versatile than Eddie's (sorry), but he sounded horrible at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Does anyone know, is his voice blown out, or can he still sing?

this was on march 17 in miami

:)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAqfe19LTS8
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    note to self: never ask scott for his autograph
    And I've heard that same story a few dozen times. Dude is a prick or on really heavy drugs or has psychological problems or all three probably.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    its not blown out, but he feels the need to do that deep voice with VR. he is much better when he actually sings in his normal, higher voice.

check out loving the alien on Contraband. thats his natural, singing voice, as opposed to the shit he was trying to pull during that VH song.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
    And I've heard that same story a few dozen times. Dude is a prick or on really heavy drugs or has psychological problems or all three probably.

well I feel sorry for people who are bi-polar (manic depression). you never know when it could happen to you. and he may have taken himself off of his medicine since VR is making a new cd. I would imagine that the meds stifle their creativity since they bring you down.

many creative people throughout history were bi-polar.

he's not the first celeb that i have heard of who was mean to fans...plus how do we know if they kissed him or pawed at him and pissed him off?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    well I feel sorry for people who are bi-polar (manic depression). you never know when it could happen to you. and he may have taken himself off of his medicine since VR is making a new cd. I would imagine that the meds stifle their creativity since they bring you down.

many creative people throughout history were bi-polar.

he's not the first celeb that i have heard of who was mean to fans...plus how do we know if they kissed him or pawed at him and pissed him off?
    yeah I agree, i wasn't trying to be rude about it or anything. One way or another he's a prick to pretty much everyone he meets, so I guess that leans in favor of the bi-polar theory. maybe..
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    I've always believed that Scott Weiland will end up being the next Keith Richards. He's been on and off drugs so many times, I'm sure he should've been dead a few times already but he keeps on going. And going. And going. And going.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I'd def. admit if the fans were being annoying and pissing him off. But from what I saw which was really everything, nobody was crossing the line. Scott was just on a rampade each time. F-bombing everyone.

Also silly sidenote,....u ever notice how unbelievable different he looks now vs. the STP core & purple days. For obvious reasons. But he has basically no hair on his body. (He was wearing a cutoff shirt when I saw him). If i recall from the core and purple videos he had quite the beard and hair chest back then.
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5

• darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    gleemonex wrote:
    I've always believed that Scott Weiland will end up being the next Keith Richards. He's been on and off drugs so many times, I'm sure he should've been dead a few times already but he keeps on going. And going. And going. And going.

LOL!! He's in cahoots with a Witch Doctor!!!
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
    I'd def. admit if the fans were being annoying and pissing him off. But from what I saw which was really everything, nobody was crossing the line. Scott was just on a rampade each time. F-bombing everyone.

could it be displaced aggression because his brother died?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    None of you have gotten to know him personally. I'm sitting here laughing at all of the things everyone is saying about him.

Scott is one of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Everyone has problems at some point in their life, and unfortunately for him, his are broadcasted in the media and often blown way out of porportion.
  • stpmattb wrote:
    None of you have gotten to know him personally. I'm sitting here laughing at all of the things everyone is saying about him.

Scott is one of the nicest, most genuine people I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Everyone has problems at some point in their life, and unfortunately for him, his are broadcasted in the media and often blown way out of porportion.

Matt didn't you use to be the stp webmaster? If so, big ups. I just wanna say that stp was the first band I was really "into", I bought all of their cds, listened to them religiously, they were my first concert, and I will always have a special place for all 5 of those albums. My thoughts and prayers are with Scott and I hope one day the media will just leave him the fuck alone and he will find peace and happiness
    Matt didn't you use to be the stp webmaster?

Used to be? The dude still is. :cool: