Temple of the Dog vs. Mad Season

2»

Comments

• Temple of the Dog ;)
  • There's no way I could choose just one. I love them both, but for completley different aspects and reasons. I've been listeing to a lot of Mad Season latley, but It depends on my mood. Yeah... I can't choose :(
    "Jesus also told us to write this song, it's called 'Jeremy'" -Tivoli '92
  • I counted. Haha, TOTD has one point in the lead. This should just end up in a tie :p
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i choose.......mad dog.

final answer.
  • elmerelmer Posts: 1,683
    Ive always thought of mad seasons as a flawed album, some of the lyrics are a little simple and almost childish as I remember, well I just remember cringing a little when I heard it.........also some of the songs are I didnt like at all whereas have always considered TOTD a classic
  • i dont know what the fuck range means and power is just as debatable in terms of personal taste. i know chris cornell screeches like the chick from sleater-kinney anytime he screams or goes for a high note and i dont like that, though i will admit that he sounds better on temple of the dog (at least say hello to heaven and hungerstrike) than any other time ive heard him. i also know layne has more pain and emotion in his weakest performance than cornell in his finest. layne's voice haunts me. cornell's annoys me, or at best, bores me.

Range is the distance between the lowest and highest notes. Cornell at no point during TOTD 'screeched'. Say hello to heaven is pure catharsis, if you've ever lost someone you care about, you can surely identify with the gut-wrenching pain he's singing about in that song, same goes for Times of Trouble. The fact he managed to sing those songs with such amazing power and range is what makes that album so special.
  • UKDaveUKDave Posts: 5,557
    Temple.... :o
    Astoria Crew
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight...
    Astoria, Dublin, Reading 06
    Katowice, Wembley 07
    SBE, Manchester, O2 09
    Hyde Park 10
    Manchester 1&2 12
    This is just g'bye for now...
  • TOTD was one of the greatest records in history.

Mad Season was awesome, but not even close.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • Mad Season definatly. Never has their been a voice like laynes
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    TOTD, just cause of mike's amazing solo in reach down( his headphones fell off halfway thru, and hhe did half of it wthout backing)
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    TOTD hands down.
    Live Free or Die!
  • obsessivly love both these albums. agree completely about the song "wake up". both albums are probably the best vocal recordings for both. i think the more mellow sound is the reason for that. louder than love is close for cornell though. great, great song writing on both, but i give the advantage to TOTD. i agree with whoever called it one of the greatest albums ever. the best recording of cornell is "say hello 2 heaven". "call me a dog" and, well, every song, is amazing.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • TOTD definitely beats mad seasons... i mean... i love layne and thats a great CD, dont get me wrong... but the tracks dont kick my ass anywhere near as hard and are far less memorable... TOTD i can put on and not skip a single song... cant say the same for mad season... plus chris is just da man! :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • CageyCagey Posts: 220
    There's an awful lot of over-exaggerating going on in here :D

Both were great, but hardly 'best album' ever.

When I listen to TOTD lately, I skip to the few 'really' great tunes, I probably do it now and then with MS - Above too. Both great, for different moods.
    All my favourite singers have stolen all of my best lines.
  • Mad Season hands down!! I can't get enough of Layne's voice.
    We need Pearl Jam in Atlanta!!! 2006-2007

The dirty south needs a fix.