saw Aaron Lewis tonight

2»

Comments

• Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    oaklanda12 wrote:
    The thing that bothers me about Aaron Lewis covering this song is that it IS Pearl Jam's masterpiece. .
    and the thing that bothers me is pj doing the who masterpiece, u elitest pj fans make me wanna throw up, oh wait i just did
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• Brainofdz wrote:
    He's terrible. It makes perfect sense that you like him, being that your taste sucks. And who the fuck does 2 songs by the same band in the same show. Absolute trash, like your taste.
    No offense but you are a real asshole. Just thought I'd let you know that...

Make your life a mission - not an intermission. - Arnold Gasglow
    Brink wrote:
    No offense but you are a real asshole. Just thought I'd let you know that...
    burn

• Brainofdz wrote:
    He's terrible. It makes perfect sense that you like him, being that your taste sucks. And who the fuck does 2 songs by the same band in the same show. Absolute trash, like your taste.

Ok you hate Aaron Lewis and Staind, that's cool. Everyone is certainely entitled to their own opinions about anything and everything. Some people here really do like Aaron Lewis and/or Staind though. He's terrible according to you, according to myself and many others we really like his music.
  • maccimacci Posts: 1,057
    I saw Aaron this past weekend in Jersey. We also met him after the show. I had a PJ shirt on & he said "nice shirt". He had played Black that night, so I asked him if he knew Footsteps. He said he used to.....but he would f*ck it up to badly.

Anyway, the shows were really cool. His voice was amazing!He covered STP, GnR, & AIC too.
    My lips are shaking.......
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    oppie1 wrote:
    speaking of my "shitty taste in music" i'm so fucking happy to see the new HellYeah album was ripped...its so fucking good :)

can we see your picture with aaron?

:D

I have really shitty taste in music. I like the backstreet boys, older nickelback, chevelle, fuel, Three Days Grace -- many bands that are not on the unwritten, approved synergy band list.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    iluvcats wrote:
    can we see your picture with aaron?

:D

I have really shitty taste in music. I like the backstreet boys, older nickelback, chevelle, fuel, Three Days Grace -- many bands that are not on the unwritten, approved synergy band list.
    hrmm.. i dunno.. its pretty bad... i didnt wanna ask for another one after i saw how bad it came out.. if you do some sleuthing and snooping... its online on MY webSPACE
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • and the thing that bothers me is pj doing the who masterpiece, u elitest pj fans make me wanna throw up, oh wait i just did

Shows how mature you are. I was simply putting my view in the discussion and you come in with the verbal attacks. How old are you 12? Grow up Bambi.

Anyways, the fact is that Aaron Lewis does NOT do Black justice. Pearl Jam changes and tweaks the covers to their own SOLID version. Aaron Black dots a couple of "I's" and crosses a couple "t's" and calls it a day. The Who's Baba O' Riley is radically different then when Pearl Jam plays it. Listen to the versions and then get back to me.

Let me give you a little history lesson, American Jazz was founded on "cover" songs. The Jazz Musicians would take those existing songs that are already played on the radio and "jazz" it up a bit. Does Pearl Jam do that: Yes. Does Aaron Lewis do that: No.

Threat nuetralized.
    06/27/2008 Hartford

Generation X'ey?

http://www.last.fm/user/oaklanda12/
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    two years ago when they toured with 3 Doors Down

3 Doors Down make Staind seem like Motorhead
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
    oaklanda12 wrote:
    Shows how mature you are. I was simply putting my view in the discussion and you come in with the verbal attacks. How old are you 12? Grow up Bambi.

Anyways, the fact is that Aaron Lewis does NOT do Black justice. Pearl Jam changes and tweaks the covers to their own SOLID version. Aaron Black dots a couple of "I's" and crosses a couple "t's" and calls it a day. The Who's Baba O' Riley is radically different then when Pearl Jam plays it. Listen to the versions and then get back to me.

Let me give you a little history lesson, American Jazz was founded on "cover" songs. The Jazz Musicians would take those existing songs that are already played on the radio and "jazz" it up a bit. Does Pearl Jam do that: Yes. Does Aaron Lewis do that: No.

Threat nuetralized.
    hrmm.. the only think PJ does to make Baba their own is replace the synthesizers with mikes guitar.. other then that, its note for note the same song... how about Reign O'er Me.. that IS note for note the same fucking song as The Who's ver
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• oppie1 wrote:
    hrmm.. the only think PJ does to make Baba their own is replace the synthesizers with mikes guitar.. other then that, its note for note the same song... how about Reign O'er Me.. that IS note for note the same fucking song as The Who's ver

Again Jazzing it up...little tweaks here and there...Love Reign O'er me is jazzed up and IS NOT note for note.

As opposed to Aaron Lewis who does nothing with it, and makes it his own.
    06/27/2008 Hartford

Generation X'ey?

oppie1 wrote:
    hrmm.. i dunno.. its pretty bad... i didnt wanna ask for another one after i saw how bad it came out.. if you do some sleuthing and snooping... its online on MY webSPACE

oh, you should always get two pics when you have it taken with someone like him. I have two of me with Brett Scallions. He was nice when I told him I needed another (with a different camera) b/c when I had my pic taken with pat mcgee, it turned out blurry. He said it was a good idea :) Meanwhile, a drunk person laughed her ass of b/c I said I had my picture taken with pat mcgee. That was so hilarious to her. Then she puked all over the place in front of brett. But he knows her, so I guess he did not mind. It was also hilarious to her when I told brett how much I love Pearl Jam!

ok I was not sure if I could see your myspace since I no longer have one. I can only see the public profiles, I cannot click on pics. It won't work.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    oaklanda12 wrote:
    Again Jazzing it up...little tweaks here and there...Love Reign O'er me is jazzed up and IS NOT note for note.

As opposed to Aaron Lewis who does nothing with it, and makes it his own.
    so in your eyes covering a song note for note is bad, but taking it an "jazzing it up" is acceptable???
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• oppie1 wrote:
    so in your eyes covering a song note for note is bad, but taking it an "jazzing it up" is acceptable???

In my eyes, taking someone's material and adding no innovation to it shows how bad of a musician you are. In my opinion, to a certain degree it is plagiarism. He is taking everything that Pearl Jam worked so hard on and basically taking a shit on it for his on benefit.

Again, I don't know how many more times I'm going to have to say this. AMERICAN JAZZ is COVER SONGS, and you can't get more talented musicians when it comes to Jazz. Pearl Jam is basically taking those jazz influences and using them on other popular classic songs.
    06/27/2008 Hartford

Generation X'ey?

I've never heard of boy hits car before. I watched the video on your blog.

I think you live where this band I used to like is from....they are on hiatus.
    they were called My Sweet Red. I really liked them.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    I've never heard of boy hits car before. I watched the video on your blog.

I think you live where this band I used to like is from....they are on hiatus.
    they were called My Sweet Red. I really liked them.
    boyhitscar are fucking amazing...right now there tops on my favorite list, above Pearl Jam actually...their music is so hard and intense...definately check them out
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• mookie9999mookie9999 Posts: 4,677
    macci wrote:
    I saw Aaron this past weekend in Jersey. We also met him after the show. I had a PJ shirt on & he said "nice shirt". He had played Black that night, so I asked him if he knew Footsteps. He said he used to.....but he would f*ck it up to badly.

Anyway, the shows were really cool. His voice was amazing!He covered STP, GnR, & AIC too.

Does this guy do the same show every night?? Just curious.
    "The leads are weak!"

"The leads are weak? Fuckin' leads are weak? You're Weak! I've Been in this business 15 years"

"What's your name?"

"FUCK YOU! THAT"S MY NAME!"
    mookie9999 wrote:
    Does this guy do the same show every night?? Just curious.
    he has no set setlist.. he comes out and played like6-7 songs of his own, then he starts taking requests.. he'll usually play whatever anyone from the crowd yells out..... then goes back and plays a few more of his own stuff again

i downloaded a show of his off dimeadozen from back in January.. heres the setlist from that night..

CD 1

1) So Far Away (Staind)
    2) Fill Me Up (Staind)
    3) Outside (Staind)
    4) Nutshell (Alice In Chains)
    5) Whats Up / Whats Going On / Love On The Rocks / Rainbow Connection / Freebird Medley
    6) Piano Man (Billy Joel)
    7) ? / ? Medley
    8) Bobby McGee (Janis Joplin)
    9) Hotel California (Eagles)
    10) The Needle And The Damage Done (Neil Young)
    11) Magic Man (Heart)
    12) Confortly Numb (Pink Floyd)
    13) Excess Baggage (Staind)
    14) Brother (Alice In Chains)
    15) Bong Hits For Breakfast (Aaron Lewis Original)
    16) Garden (Pearl Jam)

CD 2

1) Everything Changes (Staind)
    2) Angel Sent Down From Heaven (Aaron Lewis Original)
    3) Sleeping At The Wheel (Aaron Lewis Original)
    4) Epiphany (Staind)
    5) It's Been Awhile (Staind)
    6) Patience (Guns N Roses)
    7) Right Here (Staind)
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oaklanda12 wrote:

im 21 dude and calling me bambi, what are u a 17 year old boy who watches disney movies.AND WHO CARES WEATHER OR NOT HE DOES JUSTICE TO IT, SO IN ORDER FOR SOMEONE TO COVER A PJ SONG THEY HAVE TO DO JUSTICE TO IT, LMFAO. AND WHAT BOUT THE LOVE REGIN O'ER ME COVER, ITS BASICALLY NOTE FOR NOTE AND PJ VERSION SUCKS ASS BTW, SO I GUESS PJ CANT COVER IT CAUSE THEY DONT DO JUSTICE OR IS IT CAUSE ITS PEARL JAM ITS OK FOR THEM TO COVER A SONG. I LOVE U ELITEST FANS AND IF U HAD ANY CLUE UD KNOW THAT ARRON LEWIS TAKES REQUESTS FROM FANS, SO ITS NOT EVEN THAT ARRON MAKES UP THE SET-LIST. SHOWS HOW MUCH U ARE INFORMED BOUT ARRON

I LOVE U ELITEST FANS
    its these elitest fans that are making me lose interest in Pearl Jam. i get sick and tired of all these douchebags that think Pearl Jam are a religion and are infallible. I cant fucking stand the pricks here that get all uppity and give bands shit for covering a Pearl Jam song, when more then 50% of PJ's song catalog are FUCKING covers!!!
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

oppie1 wrote:
    its these elitest fans that are making me lose interest in Pearl Jam. i get sick and tired of all these douchebags that think Pearl Jam are a religion and are infallible. I cant fucking stand the pricks here that get all uppity and give bands shit for covering a Pearl Jam, when more then 50% of PJ's song catalog are FUCKING covers!!!
    oppie its no use in getting into a board fight with them, just let them be