saw Aaron Lewis tonight

oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
edited April 2007 in Other Music
yes, i'm one of those ppl who actually like Aaron and Staind, don't crucify me. i got to meet Aaron before the show, and got my picture with him. had 3rd row seats at the Electric Factory in Philly. besides his originals and staind songs, he did do a few covers.. he did do black, yes. also nutshell and angry chair from AiC. i had a great time, and i hope to see him again soon.

i just uploaded my Black video to youtube. at the time i posted this, it was still in the processing phase, so give it a few more mins. I will upload Nutshell and Angry chair tomorrow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSs6LgSioOc
BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• you should have kicked him in his tiny balls.
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    you should have kicked him in his tiny balls.
    oh christ.. here comes the uppity PJ fans

i dont kick ppl in the balls that i like
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    didnt know he still made music... good thing he got away from Durst... cool you had a good time...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    hey, i like them/him too. and i don't get why everyone hates them/him like he's chad kroeger - now that i can relate - anyways, cool you had a good time. thats all that matters.
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    saw Lewis here in St. Louis and it was a great solo acoustic show and would def go again if he came back....Lewis's lyrics are on par with Vedder's except his are more direct and Ed's are more abstract...all that matters is that the lyrics come from the heart and i feel that with Lewis

dont let the Staind/Lewis haters get to you, the man has a genuine love for music and his fans and thats all that matters
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    didnt know he still made music... good thing he got away from Durst... cool you had a good time...

Amen.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    I don't have a problem with Aaron Lewis . . . only problem I have is his interpretation of Black's lyrics. After covering it for a couple years, you would think that somebody would have corrected him. I think that next time somebody sees him, they should bring a huge sign that says,

"untouched sheets of clay, LAID SPREAD OUT BEFORE ME"

and

"all five horizons revolved around HER SOUL",

finally followed by

"Play LEASH, you pussies."
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    pjalive21 wrote:
    saw Lewis here in St. Louis and it was a great solo acoustic show and would def go again if he came back....Lewis's lyrics are on par with Vedder's except his are more direct and Ed's are more abstract...all that matters is that the lyrics come from the heart and i feel that with Lewis

dont let the Staind/Lewis haters get to you, the man has a genuine love for music and his fans and thats all that matters

are you crazy, don't even compare Lewis's songwriting to Ed's, Staind's first album kicked major ass, then after that, they starting making pop songs for MTV, they suck!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    TheGossman wrote:
    are you crazy, don't even compare Lewis's songwriting to Ed's, Staind's first album kicked major ass, then after that, they starting making pop songs for MTV, they suck!

What is the name of their first album ? It's not Dysfunction. Most people dont even have their 1st album which is called TORMENTED. I like STAIND, I agree their more recent stuff became more "Radio Friendly." Their sound has become more soft whatever you wanna call it. PJ's sound has soften over time as well.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
    pjalive21 wrote:
    Lewis's lyrics are on par with Vedder's except his are more direct and Ed's are more abstract...

Is it still April Fools?

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

magikev wrote:
    I don't have a problem with Aaron Lewis . . . only problem I have is his interpretation of Black's lyrics. After covering it for a couple years, you would think that somebody would have corrected him. I think that next time somebody sees him, they should bring a huge sign that says,

"untouched sheets of clay, LAID SPREAD OUT BEFORE ME"

and

"all five horizons revolved around HER SOUL",

finally followed by

"Play LEASH, you pussies."
    like ed never fucks up lyrics...and he even wrote them
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    Is it still April Fools?

i mean really

are u kidding me w/ the lyrics comment
    djerdap wrote:
    No one, especially that guy, should have the right to massacre beautiful songs like "Black" or "Nutshell".
    how does one earn the right to cover them? who is allowed to?

in that case.. PJ has no right to cover some songs, cause some of then suck..

Harvest Moon
    Reign O'er Me
    Throw your arms around me

need i go on?
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    I like Staind ok and I was surprised they put on as good a show as they did two years ago when they toured with 3 Doors Down. I'm not a huge Staind fan, but it's not like I despise them either. I wasn't really expecting much and went because a friend got me a ticket for about half price. They covered Nutshell when I saw them, but not Black. I'm glad you had a great time.
    i love how everyone cheers and laughs when ed messes up his own lyrics, but if someone covering their songs messes up a lyric you jump down their throats. all you "elite" pj fans that think no band should cover them because "they dont have a right" to should get off your high horses. how do you think the fans of bands PJ cover feel? get off your fucking high horses
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• That's cool you had a good time and got to meet Aaron. I'm a big Aaron Lewis/Staind fan. I wish I could have seen his acoustic show,
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    Cool deal...love Aaron's voice...

And to all the fuckers saying he's not "allowed" to cover songs we love...at least he's recognizing his roots and influences, and so what if his versions arn't perfect?...as someone else said earlier, Ed fucks up his own songs all the time. Lighten the fuck up...

Staind is great.
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
  • The thing that bothers me about Aaron Lewis covering this song is that it IS Pearl Jam's masterpiece. You do NOT see anyone covering Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven" that song is forever tattooed with Zeppelin; just as Black is to Pearl Jam. Let us say that Wolfmother did a cover of Stairway to Heaven, you don't think that the Zep junkies would have a problem with that? Give me a friggin break. Pearl Jam didn't market this song for a good reason! It is too personal, and the emotion is sucked out of it once it becomes popular. What Aaron Lewis is doing is taking the emotion out of the song. End of Story.
    06/27/2008 Hartford

Generation X'ey?

http://www.last.fm/user/oaklanda12/
    oaklanda12 wrote:
    The thing that bothers me about Aaron Lewis covering this song is that it IS Pearl Jam's masterpiece. You do NOT see anyone covering Led Zeppelin's "Stairway To Heaven" that song is forever tattooed with Zeppelin; just as Black is to Pearl Jam. Let us say that Wolfmother did a cover of Stairway to Heaven, you don't think that the Zep junkies would have a problem with that? Give me a friggin break. Pearl Jam didn't market this song for a good reason! It is too personal, and the emotion is sucked out of it once it becomes popular. What Aaron Lewis is doing is taking the emotion out of the song. End of Story.

hrmm.. Baba O Riley is one of The Who's masterpieces, why is it ok for PJ to cover that? same with Rockin in the Free World and Neil Young.. why is that ok? sounds like double standards to me. then PJ should never be allowed to cover another song ever again. shut the fuck up..

why was it ok for dave grohl to cover Stairway and basically mock it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqL-YNyxFd0

so which songs are bands allowed to cover then? huh? i never knew there are rules to covering a song.
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    I loved Staind years ago whenever they had their first radio hit. And then I saw him on TV. There went my love down the toilet. He's too depressing
    but I'm glad you liked Staind! I think he has a nice voice though.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    oppie1 wrote:
    i love how everyone cheers and laughs when ed messes up his own lyrics, but if someone covering their songs messes up a lyric you jump down their throats. all you "elite" pj fans that think no band should cover them because "they dont have a right" to should get off your high horses. how do you think the fans of bands PJ cover feel? get off your fucking high horses

Exactly. Ed F's up all the time.
    If a band was influenced by PJ or likes their music why is it a bad thing ?

This holier-than-thou bullshit is ridiculous !! It's fuckin music who cares who plays whatever. I didn't know you had to be a "worthy" band to cover PJ.
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    I wanna see Aaron Lewis myself. I didn't even know he was playing the factory. Next time he comes around I'm gonna check him out.

Oh yeah and oppie you dont have an extra ticket for Cornell at the TLA do you? ;)
    snipes824 wrote:
    Oh yeah and oppie you dont have an extra ticket for Cornell at the TLA do you? ;)
    i'm looking for one myself, since i head VedHead (Lydia) is coming in for the show :) hah
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    oppie1 wrote:
    yes, i'm one of those ppl who actually like Aaron and Staind, don't crucify me. i got to meet Aaron before the show, and got my picture with him. had 3rd row seats at the Electric Factory in Philly. besides his originals and staind songs, he did do a few covers.. he did do black, yes. also nutshell and angry chair from AiC. i had a great time, and i hope to see him again soon.

i just uploaded my Black video to youtube. at the time i posted this, it was still in the processing phase, so give it a few more mins. I will upload Nutshell and Angry chair tomorrow..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSs6LgSioOc

He's terrible. It makes perfect sense that you like him, being that your taste sucks. And who the fuck does 2 songs by the same band in the same show. Absolute trash, like your taste.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • snipes824snipes824 Posts: 870
    oppie1 wrote:
    i'm looking for one myself, since i head VedHead (Lydia) is coming in for the show :) hah
    ahh thats so cool. yeah i need to get to that show. i just don't feel like spending over 100 bucks for it when they were 35 to begin with.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    He's terrible. It makes perfect sense that you like him, being that your taste sucks. And who the fuck does 2 songs by the same band in the same show. Absolute trash, like your taste.
    hrmm.. i vividly remember PJ covering RiTFW and Fuckin' Up at one of the shows i went to iin 03.. Camden... so in answer to your statement.. PJ has, fucko, and they even did them back to back...
    http://theskyiscrape.com/setlists/display.php?id=578

alot of ppls "taste in music suck" here..
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    oppie1 wrote:

AMEN.....you can say that again
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    oppie1 wrote:
    hrmm.. i vividly remember PJ covering RiTFW and Fuckin' Up at one of the shows i went to iin 03.. Camden... so in answer to your statement.. PJ has, fucko, and they even did them back to back...
    http://theskyiscrape.com/setlists/display.php?id=578

Good call on PJ doing Neil. Mostly, I just wanted to bust your balls about all the shit you talk about some bands I like.

P.S-Aaron Lewis is still is a yambag.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    speaking of my "shitty taste in music" i'm so fucking happy to see the new HellYeah album was ripped...its so fucking good :)
    www.lovecorealliance.com

11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

• markymark550markymark550 Posts: 5,136
    oppie1 wrote:
    hrmm.. Baba O Riley is one of The Who's masterpieces, why is it ok for PJ to cover that? same with Rockin in the Free World and Neil Young.. why is that ok? sounds like double standards to me. then PJ should never be allowed to cover another song ever again. shut the fuck up..

why was it ok for dave grohl to cover Stairway and basically mock it? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mqL-YNyxFd0

so which songs are bands allowed to cover then? huh? i never knew there are rules to covering a song.
    great point....also add the fact that a lot of Who and Neil Young diehard fans bashed Pearl Jam when they Pearl Jam started doing covers of Who and Neil Young songs

it's ok to us, because it's our band covering a great song whereas someone else might think that Pearl Jam butchers those covers....it's all too subjective