Options

Favorite Wu-Tang Member?

2»

Comments

• Options
    yes, i definitely agree w/PBM. sadly i was hoping that ppl wouldnt just start bashing hip-hop, but honestly i dont know why im surprised. try opening your minds and forgetting all your ridiculous prejudices against music you dont understand. i am telling you, as someone who takes music seriously as art, that if you actually listen to hip-hop, there is a LOT of good stuff out there, a lot of artists making important statements with their music and really expressing themselves in a respectable way. of course theyre going to say ridiculous, and often obscene things, but guess what, thats the power of language, and theyre taking it to an extreme to utilize its full potential. im not just talking about political rap or rap w/uplifting messages, cuz wu-tang dont really fit that label, but even w/the wu, when they are just talking about everyday hip-hop topics (thats right, chilling in the "hood" w/their "homies", as you put it), they do so with extremely witty and intelligent lyrics. so please, i can respect the fact that you arent into a certain type of music, but dont talk shit about hip-hop when you havent even given it a chance.

PS to whoever said that bobby digital is better than liquid swords- hell no! liquid swords is one of the best wu releases, maybe even as good or better then 36 chambers.
    i pledge no allegiance
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671

PS to whoever said that bobby digital is better than liquid swords- hell no! liquid swords is one of the best wu releases, maybe even as good or better then 36 chambers.
    that would be ME!

as good as or better than 36?! are you nuts!!!
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    "bobby digital........do do doo do do doo"
    "you don't have to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring, besides that, they're fascist. Make em' hit groundballs, they're more democratic."

-Crash Davis
  • Options
    RAP. AND. HIP. FUCKING. HOP. ARE. NOT. MUSIC

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's just someone talking like a retard into a microphone, with someone else spinning shit around on a fucking turntable, and with lucky number three playing the same fucking beat over and over again. And it all deals about the same subjects. How the guy's G's are gonna off an unsuspecting "home boy," living in the bad side of the ghetto, their bitches and ho's, "bling bling," and how the guy got shot in the face 12 times in an in-house drive by, living in the bad side of the ghetto, sexing up his bitches that he got off the street with his stolen bling bling, and lived to rap about it. You get the picture.

yep, we get the picture. You're ignorant. Thanks for clearing that up.
  • Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    i got no beef with hip-hop. i think a lot of it gets a bad name cos of tools like 50 cent and p diddy and jay-z. people drunk on their egos. we've got the same problems with scott stapp and fred durst.

but i still think the names are stupid. slash is a stupid name to go by. it's wannabe cool, but you just look like a tool. i mean who wants to be 60 in ther retirement and everyone know them as "dude' youre the edge!"
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    method man is the best rapper. tical is a classic rap album. liquid swords is good too. although i cringe when i see those right guard commercials and the stupid movie they did, and the dumb tv show (i dont think its on anymore). these guys dont make enough money off albums and touring??
    btw who cares about the nick name thing. it doesn't bother me one way or the other
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options
    angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    i got no beef with hip-hop. i think a lot of it gets a bad name cos of tools like 50 cent and p diddy and jay-z. people drunk on their egos. we've got the same problems with scott stapp and fred durst.

but i still think the names are stupid. slash is a stupid name to go by. it's wannabe cool, but you just look like a tool. i mean who wants to be 60 in ther retirement and everyone know them as "dude' youre the edge!"
    i agree with the first part, cause all of them are overrated and they just plain suck. again, who cares about the nickname thing, if your good, your good. it might be a way of the artist protecting there privacy.
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • Options

i guess its fine if you think that, but i mean nicknames are a big part of hip-hop and thats just the way it is yknow. through nicknames the artists create their own character and personas. i definitely dont think its about protecting their identity. i relate the pseudonyms to band-names, because honestly, even when your associated with a group of rappers, hip-hop is about the individual fighting for himself yknow, thats just part of hip-hop. you stick up for yourself and you stick with your crew but if something ever happens your always ready to continue on alone. nicknames in hip-hop dont bother me the same way band names dont bother me. so slash is a lame name? what about guns 'n' roses? wtf is that? i guess if it annoys you thats your own thing tho, its all good.
    i pledge no allegiance
  • Options
    EbizzieEbizzie Posts: 240

In the case of Wu, the names make the music better, imo. To listen to their lyrics and stories and tie them to names like James Williams or Tyrone Brown (i realize those aren't their real names) just sounds stupid. To hear these stories with names based upon the characters puts the music on a whole other level. They're the Wu Tang CLAN, like a group of superheros or some shit, the names work.
    "Worse than traitors in arms are the men who pretend loyalty to the flag, feast and fatten on the misfortunes of the nation while patriotic blood is crimsoning the plains." -- Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Sadly, back in the 50's, rock and roll wasn't looked upon as music. A lot of folks saw it as "noise".

There is some really good rap/hip-hop out there.

...and just like with rock music, there is some bad stuff out there.

Take a chance...open your mind and look for some good stuff.

Cheers,

PBM

well put PBM. there is a lot of creative genius out there. there is a lot of commercial crap too...people with weak ryhmes and tired beats. it's difficult to paint an entire music genre with the same brush. i agree with you, find the good stuff.

also, i don't know what brought up the nickname thing or why anyone would have a problem with it, but bob dylan's real name is not bob dylan.
  • Options
    Ebizzie wrote:
    In the case of Wu, the names make the music better, imo. To listen to their lyrics and stories and tie them to names like James Williams or Tyrone Brown (i realize those aren't their real names) just sounds stupid. To hear these stories with names based upon the characters puts the music on a whole other level. They're the Wu Tang CLAN, like a group of superheros or some shit, the names work.

i agree

i pledge no allegiance
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Raekwon, Masta Killa, Ghost,

Esp. Iron MAN lp, Cuban Lynx and No Said Date

Honorable mention to the GZA

Raise the iron flag and salute!
  • Options
    ODB, right?
    or am I mistaken...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932
    Ghostface Killah. ODB if he was still amongst the living.

I still like their music very much but I was saw them at Rock Werchter last year and, well, they sucked. Perhaps I my expectations were too high.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    I love the Wu. Wu -Tang is for the babies. I know that some people do not think of Hip/hop rap as "good" music but the first time i heard 36 Chambers, I was blown away. Seperately, all of the memebers are some of the best rappers out there but together you get some crazy shit. As for who is the best, thats like trying to pick your favorite child but if I had to I would have to say Inspecta, then Meth and U GOD. I would like to say before his untimely passing I was able to meet ODB in an airport. As far as I could tell he loved the fact that I knew who he was and he was just a cool guy. RIP As for the nicknames I think they are creative. He is the ol dirt bastard cause their is no father to his style for example.
    Thats okay man, cause I love Frogs

Shows:
    7/2/98 8/18/00 8/20/00 8/21/00 4/21/03(Home town) 4/25/00 - cancelled:( 6/19/03 6/22/03 10/2/04 10/6/04
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    thatgirl wrote:
    (that CD thousand times better than liquid swords)

you are insane!
  • Options
    HYLAHYLA Posts: 137
    No doubt, it's the GZA. Just listen to 'Clan in the Front' and you'll know.
  • Options
    wu tang ain't nothin to fuck with
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    stickboystickboy Posts: 2,981
    nice to see some Wu lovers out there! And as for the ones knocking it.... :rolleyes: open yer minds. theres good bands like the roots, Jurassic 5, Mos def and Talib Kweli and theres the shit..Ying Yang twins, Lil Jon, etc, etc.

for me its gotta be Masta Killa, Gza, Ins, Ghost and Cappadona,(hes on n off as a member) and for undergruond Wu, check for Remedy a Jewish white boy who takes rap to another level as far as intellect goes talkin about the Hoocaust and shit like that

Choose the sword, and you will join me
    Choose the ball, and you join your mother... in death
    You don't understand my words, but you must choose
    {*baby gurgling*}
    So... come boy, choose life or death

[Verse One: Ghostface Killah]
    The only man a hoe wait for
    is the sky-blue Bally kid, in eighty-three, rocked Taylor's
    My Memorex performed tape decks, my own phone sex
    Watch out for Haiti bitches, I heard they throw hex
    Yo, Wu whole platoon is filled with rac-coons
    Corner sittin wine niggaz sippin Apple Boone,
    this ain't no white cartoon
    Cuz I be duckin crazy spades
    The kid hold white shit, like blacks rock ashy legs
    Why is the sky blue? Why is water wet?
    Why did Judas, rat to Romans while Jesus slept? Stand up
    You're out of luck like two dogs stuck
    Iron Man be sippin rum, out of Stanley Cups, unflammable
    Noriega, aimin knives which stay windy in Chicago
    spine-tingle, mind boggles
    Kangols in rainbow colors, promoters try to hold dough
    Give me mine before Po, wrap you up in so-and-so
    I ran the Dark Ages, Constantine and great Henry the Eighth
    Built with Ghengis Khan, the wreck suede Wally Don

[Verse Two: Killah Priest]
    I judge wisely, as if nothin ever surprise me
    Loungin, between two pillars of ivory
    I'm lively, my dome piece, is like buildin stones in Greece
    my poems are deep from ancient thrones I speak
    I'm overwhelmed, as my mind, roams the realm
    My eye's the vision, memory is the film
    Others act sub-tile, but they fragile above clouds
    They act wild and couldn't budge a crowd
    No matter how loud they get, though they growl and spit
    Clutch they fists, and throw up signs like a Crip
    And throw all types of fits
    I leave 'em split, like ass cheeks and ragged pussy lips

[Verse Three: The RZA]
    Aiyyo, camoflouge chameleon, ninjas scalin your buildin
    No time to grab the gun they already got your wife and children
    A hit was sent, from the President, to rage your residence
    Because you had secret evidence, and documents
    on how they raped the continents, and it's the prominent
    dominant Islamic, Asiatic black hebrew
    The year two thousand and two, the battle's filled with the Wu
    Six million devils just died from the Bubonic Flu
    Or the Ebola Virus, under the reign of King Cyrus
    You can see the weakness of a man right through his iris
    Un-loyal snakes get thrown in boilin lakes
    of hot oil, it boils your skin, chickenheads gettin slim
    like Olive Oyl, only plant the seed deep inside fertile soil
    Fortified with essential, vitamin and minerals
    Use the sky for a blanket, stuffin clouds inside my pillow
    Rollin with the lambs
    Twelve tribes a hundred and forty four thousand chosen
    Protons Electrons Always Cause Explosions

[Verse Four: The Genius/GZA]
    The banks of G, all CREAM downs a bet
    Money feed good, opposites off the set
    It ain't hard to see, my seeds need God-degree
    I got mouths to feed, unnecessary beef is more cows to breed
    I'm on some tax free shit by any means
    Whether bound to hit scheme or some counterfeit CREAM
    I learned much from such with cons who run scams
    Veterans got the game spiced like ham
    And from that, sons are born and guns are drawn
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn
    Disciplinary action was a fraction of strength
    that made me truncate the length one-tenth
    With his thump, tweaters hits like air pumps
    RZA shaped the track, niggaz caught razor bumps
    Scarred tryin to figure who invented
    this unprecented, opium-scented, dark-tinted
    Now watch me blow him out his shoes without clues
    Cuz I won't hesitate to detonate, I'm short fuse
    Aah, fuck it, I’m just gonna go home, turn on the fuckin’ TV...
    Watch the nightly news and drink a beer...
    Like I could even change the world, yeah right...
  • Options
    If they were infact a real clan they would have last names starting with "O"
    like O'Gansta, O'Glock, O'Murphy, O'Furnitue
    Run to the hills
    run for your life
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    If they were infact a real clan they would have last names starting with "O"
    like O'Gansta, O'Glock, O'Murphy, O'Furnitue

thats funny :)
  • Options
    stickboy wrote:
    nice to see some Wu lovers out there! And as for the ones knocking it.... :rolleyes: open yer minds. theres good bands like the roots, Jurassic 5, Mos def and Talib Kweli and theres the shit..Ying Yang twins, Lil Jon, etc, etc.

for me its gotta be Masta Killa, Gza, Ins, Ghost and Cappadona,(hes on n off as a member) and for undergruond Wu, check for Remedy a Jewish white boy who takes rap to another level as far as intellect goes talkin about the Hoocaust and shit like that

u think wu-tang is good. Dilated peoples, people under the stairs and danger doom! i keeps it real!!!!
  • Options
    CollinCollin Posts: 4,932

u think wu-tang is good. Dilated peoples, people under the stairs and danger doom! i keeps it real!!!!

People under the stairs is great. Never heard of them till recently, I really like them.
    THANK YOU, LOSTDAWG!

naděje umírá poslední
  • Options
    ODB had a ton of names too:

Dirt McGirt, Osiris, Big Baby Jesus, Etc...

PBM

Don't forget Old Dirty Chinese Restaraunt...
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    Ghostface has a new album coming out
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    Ghostface is the most consistent member. Although the IPOD is on shuffle right now and Masta Killa just popped up while posting. The new Ghostface is coming out in a month "Fishscale" Anyone in Portland want to go see him, he's coming in March to Berbati's
    NERDS!