Options

Favorite Wu-Tang Member?

grievance88grievance88 Posts: 31
edited January 2006 in Other Music
Lately I've been rocking the Wu's classic 93 debut and i've decided that it's definitely one of my favorite cds of all time, definitely my favorite hip-hop cd. i've been debating with myself over who my favorite member is. i havent really listened to their later stuff as much, but i do have a bunch of their solo cds. strictly talkin about their abilities as mcs (as in, excluding rza's master skills as a producer), i think my favorites are gza, odb, and inspectah deck, but not in that order. its really hard to decide. i guess i would go w/gza tho, his slow, vicious style just destroys hardkore and ive come to the conclusion that its undeniable. but odb and the inspectah (aka rebel INS) are close seconds...

From the line-up found on Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers), who is your favorite member of the Wu-Tang Clan?

(i was going to make this a poll, but they only let me put 8 options...)

bring tha ruckus
i pledge no allegiance
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,208
    the first one to stop making music.
  • Options
    PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    No doubt.

M-E-T-H-O-D Man.

With or without the Clan, he owns.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    No doubt.

M-E-T-H-O-D Man.

PBM

Isn't he the guy that pimps peoples' rides?
    No longer overwhelmed it seems so simple now.
  • Options

He's the one that helps with deodorant.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

• Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    RZA is my fav
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    no, thats Xzibit
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    thatgirl wrote:
    RZA is my fav

He's producing some tracks for Pink's new album. That dude is a producing genius (no pun).

PBM

• Options
    He's producing some tracks for Pink's new album. That dude is a producing genius (no pun).

PBM
    ya he is, i have all his albums...sad to say...
    i used to be into them big time back in HS
  • Options
    thatgirl wrote:
    no, thats Xzibit

...is he from Wu Tang?
  • Options
    ...is he from Wu Tang?
    nope!
    hes overrated...i saw him years ago...back when i was gangsta :D
  • Options
    thatgirl wrote:
    nope!
    hes overrated...i saw him years ago...back when i was gangsta :D

Dayum boo! Did you have extentions and awl dat?!?!?
  • Options
    Dayum boo! Did you have extentions and awl dat?!?!?
    hahahah fo sho
  • Options
    seriously, what the fuck is up with these names? are these guys superheros or something?

by day, my mild mannered alter ego is is tyrone bigsby. but by night, i become METHOD MAN!
  • Options
    They live it:

RZA
    GZA
    Ghostface Killah
    Ol' Dirty Bastard (d. 2004)
    Raekwon
    Method Man
    U-God
    Inspectah Deck
    Masta Killa

Cash Rules Everything Around Me...C.R.E.A.M, get the money, dolla dolla bill y'all.

PBM

• Options
    GZA, followed by Ghostface and Rakwon.

Liquid Swords is even better than the Wu's debut CD.
  • Options
    seriously, what the fuck is up with these names? are these guys superheros or something?

by day, my mild mannered alter ego is is tyrone bigsby. but by night, i become METHOD MAN!

yeah, because they're the first rap artists to use nicknames instead of given names.....

And where do you stand on The Edge?
  • Options
    D Lo Brown wrote:
    yeah, because they're the first rap artists to use nicknames instead of given names.....

And where do you stand on The Edge?

i think it's fucking stupid that he goes by the edge. ditto on bono.

im not singling out wu tang, all the hip hoppers and rocker and anyone else doing it is a putz. unless you're changing your name solely to protect your privacy, it's pretty fucking stupid.

and look at the list. learn how to spell instead of playing up to your poser badass, uneducated, illiterate thug bullshit.
  • Options
    ive had wutang songs stuck in my head all day now bc of this stupid thread

and speaking of names, cant forget bobby digital!! (that CD thousand times better than liquid swords)
  • Options
    ODB had a ton of names too:

Dirt McGirt, Osiris, Big Baby Jesus, Etc...

PBM

• Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    gza, although I'm a fan of inspectah deck too
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    m-e-t-h-o-d man...then the rza...
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    the GZA followed by the RZA and method man... even thought the rza gets a little crazy with the islamic stuff

i'm like roll that shit, light that shit, smoke that shit!

i think the gza just came out with a new album with dj muggs producing...i bet it is a classic
  • Options
    "I'm a sew your asshole together and keep feedin' you and feedin' you."

PBM

• Options
    thatgirl wrote:
    ya he is, i have all his albums...sad to say...
    i used to be into them big time back in HS

besides PJ...the best concert i have seen was the Wu-tang/ Rage against the machine concert in like 96 or 97... that shit was fucking crazy... after the show there was about 30,000 white people leaving the tweeter in camden chanting WU-WU-WU-WU... and this was after Rage ripped the fucking place to pieces for 2 hours!

it was fucking nuts
  • Options
    I remember that tour...it was back in '97. I didn't get to go, but I remember thinking it would be a great show.

I still have my Rolling Stone magazine with Rza and Zack.

PBM

• Options
    I remember that tour...it was back in '97. I didn't get to go, but I remember thinking it would be a great show.

I still have my Rolling Stone magazine with Rza and Zack.

PBM

my buddy still has that rolling stone...the show was fucking nuts! i have never felt such energy in one place...

"life as a shorty shouldnt be so rough...trying to clutch what i could not touch"
  • Options
    uninnocentuninnocent Posts: 1,565
    my top three in the clan:

1. inspectah deck
    2. the genious/gza
    3. jamal arief the thief
  • Options
    RAP. AND. HIP. FUCKING. HOP. ARE. NOT. MUSIC

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's just someone talking like a retard into a microphone, with someone else spinning shit around on a fucking turntable, and with lucky number three playing the same fucking beat over and over again. And it all deals about the same subjects. How the guy's G's are gonna off an unsuspecting "home boy," living in the bad side of the ghetto, their bitches and ho's, "bling bling," and how the guy got shot in the face 12 times in an in-house drive by, living in the bad side of the ghetto, sexing up his bitches that he got off the street with his stolen bling bling, and lived to rap about it. You get the picture.
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Options
    Sadly, back in the 50's, rock and roll wasn't looked upon as music. A lot of folks saw it as "noise".

There is some really good rap/hip-hop out there.

...and just like with rock music, there is some bad stuff out there.

Take a chance...open your mind and look for some good stuff.

Cheers,

PBM

• Options
    RAP. AND. HIP. FUCKING. HOP. ARE. NOT. MUSIC

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. It's just someone talking like a retard into a microphone, with someone else spinning shit around on a fucking turntable, and with lucky number three playing the same fucking beat over and over again. And it all deals about the same subjects. How the guy's G's are gonna off an unsuspecting "home boy," living in the bad side of the ghetto, their bitches and ho's, "bling bling," and how the guy got shot in the face 12 times in an in-house drive by, living in the bad side of the ghetto, sexing up his bitches that he got off the street with his stolen bling bling, and lived to rap about it. You get the picture.

Well, you have obviously never listened to Wu-Tang, Outkast, or Jurassic 5. All of these guys are extremely talented, imo. And no, they don't just talk like a retard into a microphone about all the same subjects.
    "you don't have to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring, besides that, they're fascist. Make em' hit groundballs, they're more democratic."

-Crash Davis