Options

Is Amy Whinehouse's 15 minutes of fame over?

2»

Comments

• Options
    DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    I think Amy Winehouse and the Squirrel Nut Zippers are touring KMart's worldwide.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I think she has a great voice (just now) how long it will last that way though could be up for question.
    I can't bare to read any articles or watch her though.I had to turn of the t.v when she performed on Jools.Its a train wreck life.There are elements of her presentation that remind me to much of Courtney Love at her worst during the last days of sucking Kurts soul dry.
    The drugs make you believe they work,for a short while.But once they stop working they never ever work,ever again.
    Believe me I am an addictions support worker and see the degrees of addictions daily.Its not nice when the gloss of the celebrity magazine fades.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    stargirl69 wrote:
    I think she has a great voice (just now) how long it will last that way though could be up for question.
    I can't bare to read any articles or watch her though.I had to turn of the t.v when she performed on Jools.Its a train wreck life.There are elements of her presentation that remind me to much of Courtney Love at her worst during the last days of sucking Kurts soul dry.
    The drugs make you believe they work,for a short while.But once they stop working they never ever work,ever again.
    Believe me I am an addictions support worker and see the degrees of addictions daily.Its not nice when the gloss of the celebrity magazine fades.

She reminds me of Courtney too but she has more talent. She was great on Jools Holland! What are you talking about?

The next Nina Simone!

• Options

The next Nina Simone!

I'm quoting myself here. She's not the next Nina Simone but how anyone can bash her, I don't know?

Bring it on!
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    no

no

no
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    no

no

no

Does that mean you like her or not?
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    Does that mean you like her or not?

i like you!

:)
  • Options
    aaargh! shes all over the papers again, with blood between her toes all over her shoes from injecting heroin...

this is getting way too fucked up now...sort it out amy!

I agree with courtney comparisons, but diff is amy can sing.
  • Options
    yeah i didn't get that either. what does that have to do with the music?

Nothing with the music, but potentially her famousness (word?). If she was fat and crusty looking she would never even get a deal.
    "That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    I've got a sad feeling she won't be alive for much longer. Pete Doherty, on the other hand, will probably live until he's ninety.
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    I've got a sad feeling she won't be alive for much longer. Pete Doherty, on the other hand, will probably live until he's ninety.

I totally agree. I bought tickets to see her in Seattle next month. Unfortunately the tour has been cancelled so she can attempt to get her shit together yet again. They did promise to reorganize North American tour for early 2008, but I'm thinking she'll have passed to the great beyond by then.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Nothing with the music, but potentially her famousness (word?). If she was fat and crusty looking she would never even get a deal.
    well i don't think she's sexy looking either so i agree with you there. the only thing that intigues me about her is her voice. i have more issue with people who are alleged to be beautiful but have no talent.

i agree, i think she's on her way out :(
  • Options
    stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    She reminds me of Courtney too but she has more talent. She was great on Jools Holland! What are you talking about?

The next Nina Simone!

Without a doubt she has far more talent than Courtney ever had.C.L only ever clung to the coat tails of a range of male musicians to raise her profile,Julian Cope,Billy Corgan and ultimately to his death Kurt to name a few.I didnt mean I thought Amy was bad vocally on Jools I just couldnt bare to watch how sad she seemed.
    Answer your question for you?
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    aaargh! shes all over the papers again, with blood between her toes all over her shoes from injecting heroin...

this is getting way too fucked up now...sort it out amy!

I agree with courtney comparisons, but diff is amy can sing.

I'm not so sure the blood was from shooting up, the article I read said in addition to doing drugs with a callgirl, she was also cutting herself after an argument with her husband.

Apparently the happy couple has patched things up today. Literally and figuratively.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=477347&in_page_id=1773&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5
  • Options
    brain of c wrote:
    i like you!

:)

:o.

heeheehee. :o

Thumbs up for Amy! I hope she sorts herself out! :)
  • Options
    I'm not so sure the blood was from shooting up, the article I read said in addition to doing drugs with a callgirl, she was also cutting herself after an argument with her husband.

Apparently the happy couple has patched things up today. Literally and figuratively.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=477347&in_page_id=1773&ico=Homepage&icl=TabModule&icc=picbox&ct=5

I've seen pictures of her and she has scars all up her arms. Poor girl.
  • Options
    shell bellshell bell Posts: 337
    She's got tallent.Great sound and all,and she's different. I just hope that she gets her shit together........
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    T'was funny I saw pictures of her in the tabloids this evening whilst at work, the only night club in our little town is called blakes and is full of skagggy slags and she had Blake's tattoo'ed on her tit, lol.:D:p
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    I've seen pictures of her and she has scars all up her arms. Poor girl.

Have you seen her blue and bloodied feet.:eek:
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Options
    Have you seen her blue and bloodied feet.:eek:

I'm not sure what your point is but I like her.

As an individual, I think she must have some serious problems and I can't criticise someone for being simply who they are.