Options

Is Amy Whinehouse's 15 minutes of fame over?

porchdwellerporchdweller Posts: 228
edited August 2007 in Other Music
Please tell me it is. I'll apologize to her true "hardcore" fans, but seriously, the tortured drug addled musician bit has been around for decades. We get it, now please go into exile.

Is anyone else completely tired of her? I listened to her album a couple of times and it was okay, but it seemed more like a gimmick/niche type album. Not really a great work, just filling a void for the female soul singer in the alternative world.

Sorry, I'm just really sick of her, her antics, and all the BS that goes with her. She's not even that attractive, so I don't get the whole sexy thing about her either. Her grill is jacked up and she does too many drugs, so she's real thin with the crack baby/heroin sheik goin on. We get it, now please drift into nothingness.

Is this Fiona 2? Fiona was actually cool though. This one not so much.
"That's part of the curse: If you're gonna play the song, you better play it. I've tried to phone in "Jeremy" a few times, and it's tough. It doesn't work."

EV
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    I think she's kind of like a train wreck. Mangled and twisted, but you kind of have to look and see what you can see. I'm over her. Totally.

Its too bad that her talent is being over-ridden by the whole drug thing. I mean, big shock...a rock performer has a drug problem. Its just a pity she's known for such a cliche' because she really is kind of an original.
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Wouldn't she have to be famous to have 15 minutes? I know I've never heard of her.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    I read nothing on artist on purpose. I only care about the music. I boycot most radio and entertainment shows on tv. I just listen to music and leave it at that. I could careless about anyones personal life. That being said, the two albums I have of hers are both killer.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    godpt3godpt3 Posts: 1,020
    she and pete doherty need to hook up. They seem to have the same taste in chemicals.
    "If all those sweet, young things were laid end to end, I wouldn't be the least bit surprised."
    —Dorothy Parker

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6902/conspiracytheoriesxt6qt8.jpg
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,283
    who ?? ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    NickyNoochNickyNooch Posts: 629
    I told her to go back to rehab....

and she said, "no, no, no"

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    "Her?"- Michael Bluth
  • Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    no...no...no...
  • Options
    MCG wrote:
    Wouldn't she have to be famous to have 15 minutes? I know I've never heard of her.

Well regardless of if you've heard of her or not shes #12 on Billboard......
  • Options
    I guess it depends if you're a fan or not. Non Pearl Jam fans could say the same thing about them.

I find it funny that considering a lot of people on here can't stand her or don't know who she is, she has a lot of threads about her at the moment.

Check her out singing with Paul Weller on Jools Holland. You can't say that, that is just a fad. :D
  • Options
    larslars Posts: 524
    who cares
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • Options
    its Winehouse.

and no they are not, she is not a trend or transitory talent.

the lady can sing, and that talent wont disappear yet, in spite of the drug problems.

Frank and Back to Black are great albums though they are totally different production wise and set up wise. its her thats the main thread.

i wish everyone would stop taking a bash at her, shes the best brit talent to hit for years. would you rather listen to her or lily allen?
  • Options
    its Winehouse.

the lady can sing, and that talent wont disappear yet, in spite of the drug problems.

Frank and Back to Black are great albums though they are totally different production wise and set up wise. its her thats the main thread.

i wish everyone would stop taking a bash at her, shes the best brit talent to hit for years. would you rather listen to her or lily allen?

:D Thank You!

(Lily Allen sucks hairy ass)!
  • Options
    I read nothing on artist on purpose. I only care about the music. I boycot most radio and entertainment shows on tv. I just listen to music and leave it at that. I could careless about anyones personal life. That being said, the two albums I have of hers are both killer.

then maybe you should careless.....

its 'i couldnt careless"

i careless means you do care, even if just alittle.

sorry pet peeve.
  • Options
    dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,285
    Please tell me it is. I'll apologize to her true "hardcore" fans, but seriously, the tortured drug addled musician bit has been around for decades. We get it, now please go into exile.

Is anyone else completely tired of her? I listened to her album a couple of times and it was okay, but it seemed more like a gimmick/niche type album. Not really a great work, just filling a void for the female soul singer in the alternative world.

Sorry, I'm just really sick of her, her antics, and all the BS that goes with her. She's not even that attractive, so I don't get the whole sexy thing about her either. Her grill is jacked up and she does too many drugs, so she's real thin with the crack baby/heroin sheik goin on. We get it, now please drift into nothingness.

Is this Fiona 2? Fiona was actually cool though. This one not so much.
    I think she's very cool...talent-wise.

She has undeniable talent, undeniable technique, appreciation for quality music of old and sounds unlike anyone or anything else out there. She's something special.

Unfortunately she's also a self-destructive idiot.

As for gigging her appearance, I don't need to see her to be able to groove to her special brand of music. I listen with my head and my ears, not so much my eyes so she could look like Phyllis Diller and I'd still appreciate her. I don't require that my musical favorites be immaculate and gorgeous.

I wish she'd get it together because quality music is at a spectacular low and it needs all the help that it can get. But I'd also like her to get it together so that she could just live. Living is good. Death, not so much.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    she has a great voice, it's just unfortunate that she has some severe demons to deal with. i think people who bash her a lot just aren't into soul music in general.

i hope she can sort herself out so she can continue to make music, and just be a happy human being, like anybody deserves to be. that tragic martyr musician deal is played out.
  • Options
    i was impressed to hear that she is only 23???

that voice is amazing. shes creative, better than most of the CRAP out there.
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    "She's not even that attractive."

And here i thought you were opting for something "different."

:rolleyes:

:p
    Rarghstarfarian.
  • Options
    chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    "She's not even that attractive."

And here i thought you were opting for something "different."

:rolleyes:

:p
    yeah i didn't get that either. what does that have to do with the music?
  • Options
    pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    One could only hope, damn women vocalists
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Options
    hodgehodge Posts: 519
    i read this quote on this forum which i now use a lot, so kudos to whoever said it:

"seperate the art from the artist"
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • Options
    its Winehouse.

Right now she is blowing away american talent too.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • Options
    dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    then maybe you should careless.....

its 'i couldnt careless"

i careless means you do care, even if just alittle.

sorry pet peeve.

oh me too... :):)

i fucking hate it

p.s. its "care less"... 2 words.. careless means sloppy... care less means not caring... just like 99.3% of people reading this post
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    London has no respect for artists. It kills them. If she moves away, she might be okay.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    LMAO..

Great thread!!!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Yeah, but her? Really?
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    i too do not understand the bashing of Amy Winehouse. i listen to her album in heavy rotation with all the other great albums that have been released this year. its a fun playlist of -

Icky Thump - The White Stripes
    Year Zero - NIN
    Zeitgeist - Smashing Pumpkins
    Back to Black - Amy Winehouse
    Era Vulgaris - QOTSA

personally, i hope she releases another album real soon!
  • Options
    lephty wrote:
    i too do not understand the bashing of Amy Winehouse. i listen to her album in heavy rotation with all the other great albums that have been released this year. its a fun playlist of -

Zeitgeist - Smashing Pumpkins

Lost me at that point...
  • Options
    lephtylephty Posts: 770
    pft i also don't understand the hate for zeitgeist! it rocks!
  • Options
    nfanelnfanel Posts: 2,558
    hodge wrote:
    i read this quote on this forum which i now use a lot, so kudos to whoever said it:

"seperate the art from the artist"
    exactly. i can't get enough of her music right now. it's original and fresh and something different to listen to right now.