John Mayer Trio - Try

2»

Comments

• ^ rock :) ^
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    ^ rock :) ^

hey i bought it from http://www.half.com (new since it is a gift)
    they have some used ones for $12 plus shipping
    :)
    i like james taylor too. there are several good musicians on there!
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    moster78 wrote:
    I just got back from seeing them at the Bowery Ballroom and it was just fucking amazing. I saw him last year when he toured supporting Heavier Things and this was just so much better. Small intimate venue. I was up close and able to witness first hand the genius that is his guitar playing. I think he's definitely underrated as a guitarist, mostly due to his previous pop efforts. I'm glad he's taking this turn and evolving into a more bluesy rock artist. Who Did You Think I Was is simply an amazing song, great lyrics about his transformation too. Pick up the album, but check them out live, as the album doesn't do them justice!

Agreed Moster, that was a GREAT show, probably one of my favorites so far. I love the Bowery too, cool place to see a show. Real weird having the cameras all over the place, but damn I enjoyed the concert.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    chimpat wrote:
    Agreed Moster, that was a GREAT show, probably one of my favorites so far. I love the Bowery too, cool place to see a show. Real weird having the cameras all over the place, but damn I enjoyed the concert.

I thought having the house lights on the whole time was a little weirder than the cameras. And I so wanted to hit these two annoying drunk women behind me who kept screaming "Johnny!" and calling Steve Jordan Sammy Davis Jr..
  • gabersgabers Posts: 2,787
    I actually just picked this cd up a few weeks ago. I'd heard the song "Who Did You Think I Was" and thought John Mayer had taken the soul of Stevie Ray Vaughn. This is a really good cd. I am quite pleased with myself for buying it. Could have done without "Daughters" but I guess there had to be a little pandering to his base. It's good to see he's embraced a deeper, blues rockin' sound.
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    gabers wrote:
    I actually just picked this cd up a few weeks ago. I'd heard the song "Who Did You Think I Was" and thought John Mayer had taken the soul of Stevie Ray Vaughn. This is a really good cd. I am quite pleased with myself for buying it. Could have done without "Daughters" but I guess there had to be a little pandering to his base. It's good to see he's embraced a deeper, blues rockin' sound.

I liked the re-worked, bluesier version of Daughters on Try, more-so than the version on Heavier Things.