Matthew Good - Hospital Music

2»

Comments

• rockpantsrockpants Posts: 838
    Right now he's got the single of the week on US iTunes, and last I heard was in the top ten of the Alternative Albums downloads chart, as well as in the top 20 of the overall album chart. And that's with no label support whatsoever.
    Hopefully this may translate into a small-scale US tour for the American fans.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    Yeah, hopefully. This new album is really damn good.
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• MCGMCG Posts: 780
    The more I hear it the more I love it. I can't wait to see the tour in September. Not to rub it in or anything :D
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    it always seems one album comes out every summer just at the right time in my life

this is that album for me

god i can't stop listnening to "a single explosion"

*tunes guitar to Eb*
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    hodge wrote:
    *tunes guitar to Eb*

Yep not uncommon for Mr. Good. The most amazing song I've ever heard (with guitar tuned to Eb) is Tripoli. Especially the acoustic version from "In a Coma".
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    yea his entire new album is in Eb i believe

tripoli is absolutely amazing acoustic, same with generation x-wing
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • illfated wrote:
    Everything he does is pretty good. Great canadian. But he is quite the A-Hole, trust me.

i don't trust you.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    hodge wrote:
    god i can't stop listnening to "a single explosion"

a single explosion destroyed me. i hadn't listened to the preview streams or anything and it just destroyed me on friday when i finally heard it.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Listening to the new album now. It's brilliant. He has this unique sound, I love it.
    Cock Fight.
  • chimpatchimpat Posts: 590
    After listening quite a bit, I think "A Single Explosion" is the best song on the album, just awesome.

Also really like "99% of us is failure" and "She's in it for the money".
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96