Options

New Tool

2»

Comments

• Options
    harrymanbackharrymanback Posts: 435
    Growing on me here as well .... for those where it is taking some time, you need to turn up the volume and check out the lyrics.
    I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal. But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existance either.
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    I've had a real struggle with the album...but I don't think i'm in the right headspace to listen to tool right now..I haven't been willing to put in the effort that it takes..I need a solid night to sit and absorb the album a few times. I'll come back to it in a while when I'm more open to the challenge. Tool albums are hard work, but always worth it.
  • Options
    illfatedillfated Posts: 65
    Igottago wrote:
    I've had a real struggle with the album...but I don't think i'm in the right headspace to listen to tool right now..I haven't been willing to put in the effort that it takes..I need a solid night to sit and absorb the album a few times. I'll come back to it in a while when I'm more open to the challenge. Tool albums are hard work, but always worth it.

Take a nice long quite drive at night(if you can)...trust me, its worth it.
  • Options
    selfself Posts: 64
    you need to have totally the right attitude to appreciate how amazing it is. once you loose that attitude the album doesnt sound as good in my opinion.
  • Options
    fandagafandaga Posts: 5
    "Lipan Conjuring and Vigenti Tres are a waste of space."

Vigniti Tres is latin for "23" and is meant to be played on top of itself 23 seconds into the song, stereoscopically like the packaging. This can also be done with playing (-)Ions from Aenima 23 seconds into Vigniti Tres or Faaip from Lateralus; although, I haven't tried the latter one.

There are alot of little things to figure out on this album like much of Tool's work. It just takes time to appreciate fully.
  • Options
    fandaga wrote:

Vigniti Tres is latin for "23" and is meant to be played on top of itself 23 seconds into the song, stereoscopically like the packaging. This can also be done with playing (-)Ions from Aenima 23 seconds into Vigniti Tres or Faaip from Lateralus; although, I haven't tried the latter one.

There are alot of little things to figure out on this album like much of Tool's work. It just takes time to appreciate fully.

How do you do that?
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    fandaga wrote:

It will still be noise. There is really no point to it. Shouldnt Tool be puttin the work into it. Thats what they get paid millions of dollars to do. They could have at least advertised it as 6 songs.
  • Options
    fandagafandaga Posts: 5
    "How do you do that?"

Here's how I did it: Start Vigniti Tres in a program like iTunes and pause it at 23 seconds in, then open up another music program like Windows Media Player and start Vigniti Tres or (-)Ions or whatnot. Quickly switch back to iTunes and unpause the original song. Now you have both playing over-top of each other.
  • Options
    Bwalker545Bwalker545 Posts: 162
    For those of you who havent figured out "10,000 Days" yet you should know that Maynards mother Judith Marie lived the last 27 years (~10,000days) of her life paralyzed from the waist down by a stroke. she was devote christian her whole life...keep this in mind when listening to Wings part 1 and 2. Judith off of Mer de Noms is also written about her.

Listen again this song is really amazing, and I still feel a little sad when i hear it.

Ten thousand days in the fire is long enough, you're going home.

You're the only one who can hold your head up high,
    Shake your fists at the gates saying:
    "I have come home now!
    Fetch me the spirit, the son, and the father.
    Tell them their pillar of faith has ascended.
    It's time now!
    My time now!
    Give me my, give me my wings!"
    "Almost unconsciously he traced with his finger in the dust on the table: 2+2=5" 1984
  • Options
    Matt8townsendMatt8townsend Posts: 112
    No doubt it's a quality album - a bit dissapointed after Lateralus though.
    Most of the songs seem to endlessly build but never actually break into the kind of awesome riffs that Lateralus did.
  • Options
    Matt8townsendMatt8townsend Posts: 112
    No doubt it's a quality album - a bit dissapointed after Lateralus though.
    Most of the songs seem to endlessly build but never actually break into the kind of awesome riffs that Lateralus did.
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    I love it - Get completely lost in Wings & Years

Could do without useless songs with no words or Aliens talking, but other than that I'd recommend it
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    Sorry nevermind this GNR post - thought I was starting a new thread -

Not trying to damper the Tool stuff here
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • Options
    JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Florida Posts: 10,217
    I love TOol, but I just seemingly cant get into this album yet.
    I am a little upset that there really are only like 6 songs, and the single sounds too much like a run-on from the last album...i thought something original should kick things off. So, I guess i'd be content if the album was like $6.99

Come back APC!
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)