Courtney Selling Off Kurts Belongings

2»

Comments

• facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    dirtyT wrote:
    No one here said she did do it. Just said that the whole thing was shady and a lot of things didn't make sense. Courtney had plenty of motive to do so, if she did, and not to forget she was a disturber, drug addict herself, who had an disturber drug adducted husband, who was tens times as popular as she was. What i think is sad, just because people like myself and clairenordon who have educated, different opinions from people like you, who I admit also has an educated opinion, are being told we think these things because we judeg people at face value, or don't try to look inside someone, or just fucking love Kurt Cobain so much that we can't and won't except the fact that he killed himself dispite jis addictions and pressure life. Maybe you people just love Courtney Love so much you can't except that maybe, JUST MAYBE, she might have had something to do with it. She was just as unstable and messed as Kurt and probably more. She wanted fame he didn't care. Kurt being in Nirvana made Courtney more popular than her being in Hole did. YES IT DID!!!

So as much as you say we can't except Kurt killing himself, look in the mirror.
    BTW, not a huge Kurt fan, just want to say that again.

I LOVE PEARL JAM!!

Ok, here goes my position.

I was a Nirvana fan back in '93 when I was twelve, I followed the whole 'grunge' scene, loved PJ, Hole Pumpkins, Soundgarden etc. I was utterly devestated when Kurt died. I have no special allegiance to Courtney Love, other than being a fan of her music. I'll never forget the first time I heard her read out his suicide note, seeing her hanging out with Kurt's fans, handing out his clothes to them. Then there was the tour she went on after his death, pictures of her performing with tears streaming down her cheeks - the tour I saw her on, a broken shell of a person desperately trying to hold it together while the media had a field day taking every shitty picture of her they could.

It was pretty sad seeing this woman once so full of confidence and passion for what she did, going through the throes of trying to make some sort of success of herself. Some salvation came when Celebrity Skin came out, finally she seemed to have gotten her shit together, I remember seeing her at Glastonbury festival in '99 and quite honestly I've only seen a few other people work a crowd like she did that day.

After that came the real downward spiral into oblivion, and we all know where that ended up. All along the way, whether anyone admits it or not, this was all documented by a baiting media that just love to watch a celebrity fuck up. Yes of course it was her behaviour, and she is responsible, but the media totally compounds these things - you only have to look at Brtiney Spears' recent meltdown to see that.

My reasoning for defending her is quite simply to re-dress the balance, there are so many people out there who say things like 'I hope she dies of aids' and shit like that, which quite honestly appalls me. People then combine their hatred of her with a conspiracy theory, which when you look at the bigger picture brings together a lot of circumstantial 'evidence' which ultimately has about the same level of legitimacy as the West Memphis Three case.

I totally respect the fact that other people here have differing opinions, I just think the vast majority of people allow their personal perceptions of Courtney to determine the legitimacy of the 'murder theory' - way to be objective.......
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    dirtyT wrote:
    Maybe you people just love Courtney Love so much you can't except that maybe, JUST MAYBE, she might have had something to do with it. She was just as unstable and messed as Kurt and probably more. She wanted fame he didn't care. Kurt being in Nirvana made Courtney more popular than her being in Hole did. YES IT DID!!!

So as much as you say we can't except Kurt killing himself, look in the mirror.
    BTW, not a huge Kurt fan, just want to say that again.

I LOVE PEARL JAM!!
    I can't stand Courtney Love...personality, musically, you name it.
    I think she's a crazy bitch (certainly act like one).

but I'm 100% convinced that KC committed suicide and have yet to hear anything FACTUAL to make me doubt it.