Gwen Stefani= One HUGE Sellout

pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
edited March 2007 in Other Music
ok i khow this seems a little out of place for me but i was browsing thru the tv and saw Stefani on American Idol...wait, hold on a second...did she really??? you mean the lead singer of the former No Doubt??? someone who used to jam with Brad Noel of Sublime....then again should this really suprise me since her solo career pretty much crapped all over all the "rock" stuff she did in the past...i used to like No Doubt believe it or not, i like the "Sublime-esque" sound and now look at her

ok just my weird, random rant for the night and sorry for the use of the word "sellout"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Gwen Stefani and No Doubt are a joke.......not much of a difference between her and Britney Spears (and all the other pop shit)
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    i still dont understand how appearing on AI makes her "sell out"?
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    oppie1 wrote:
    i still dont understand how appearing on AI makes her "sell out"?

she sold out before AI with her crap solo career going all bumblegum...i guess i shouldnt be suprised seeing her appear on AI since she ditched her roots years ago
  • Maybe she didn't sell out, but actually grew up?

If she was still making ska music do think anyone would be listening? How are the Aquabats doing these days? Mighty Mighty Bosstones?
    NERDS!
  • hailhail82hailhail82 Posts: 330
    Ska revival was never cool. Neither was No Doubt or Gwen Stefani.
    Lame.
    Using the word "methinks" in your message board posts doesn't make you look smart.
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    pjalive21 wrote:
    she sold out before AI with her crap solo career going all bumblegum...i guess i shouldnt be suprised seeing her appear on AI since she ditched her roots years ago
    She now sounds like the norm, not Gwen Stefani.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • The term "sellout" is a joke. Nowadays, if you've made a third album, people are calling you a sellout. People just use that when they don't like something.

Gwen Stefani has done nothing wrong. Personally, I think her best music has been the last No Doubt cd and the 2 solo albums.
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    Maybe she didn't sell out, but actually grew up?

If she was still making ska music do think anyone would be listening? How are the Aquabats doing these days? Mighty Mighty Bosstones?

i dont know if singing "B-A-N-A-N-A-S" is being grown up..haha....

anyway maybe this thread wasnt the best thing for me to create in the world but like i said it was a random thought and observation from seeing her on AI...like someone said above me who care...maybe he was on to something..oh well
  • bestsanebestsane Posts: 131
    Yes, she's a sellout now. She ditched No Doubt for bubblegum and that's not cool. Tragic Kingdon in my opinion is one of the best records in the 90's. Believe it or not, only Tragic Kingdom and Weathered stayed more than 10 weeks at the top of the Billboard 200 guys in the past decade, and that's something to ponder.
  • bestsane wrote:
    Yes, she's a sellout now. She ditched No Doubt for bubblegum and that's not cool. Tragic Kingdon in my opinion is one of the best records in the 90's. Believe it or not, only Tragic Kingdom and Weathered stayed more than 10 weeks at the top of the Billboard 200 guys in the past decade, and that's something to ponder.

Only NO Pearl Jam albums have done that well in that time. Something to ponder?
    I love my female wife...
    we sit around and wonder exactly why our marriage should feel threatened by gay marriage
  • she's a workin girl trying to make some cash i don't blame her she has a kid to feed now and i think her new album is pretty good and she looks hott as hell good lord gavin whatever his name is from bush is one lucky ass fella!!
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Gwen Stefani and No Doubt are a joke.......not much of a difference between her and Britney Spears (and all the other pop shit)
    u sir have no idea what your talking bout, gwen isnt a fucking slut ass waste of life like britney. she dresses nice and give young girls a postive roll model to look at. know wtf your talking bout before u post. with that being said gwen has most def sold out, id kill for a no doubt re-union
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• u sir have no idea what your talking bout, gwen isnt a fucking slut ass waste of life like britney. she dresses nice and give young girls a postive roll model to look at. know wtf your talking bout before u post. with that being said gwen has most def sold out, id kill for a no doubt re-union

I read somewhere that they were getting back together in 2008.
    no way really thats cool, can u find me the link to the article if ya can

• no way really thats cool, can u find me the link to the article if ya can

Actually on wikipedia it says about them making a new album and watiting for Gwen to finish her tour this year to finish the album. That's not where I originally read about this from though but I cannot find the link. Sorry.
    Actually on wikipedia it says about them making a new album and watiting for Gwen to finish her tour this year to finish the album. That's not where I originally read about this from though but I cannot find the link. Sorry.
    thats cool though, thanks anways

• angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    agreed, she is a total sellout. not that i was ever a huge fan of no doubt, but that video for "dont speak" basically came true if you think about it. . .she pretty much ditched her band to go pop. . .really lame
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    It seems to me that alot of money will often warp the sensibilities. And she was drop-dead gorgeous and from Orange County to start with. Figures.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
    Brainofdz wrote:
    It seems to me that alot of money will often warp the sensibilities. And she was drop-dead gorgeous and from Orange County to start with. Figures.
    dude shes famous cause her bro quit the band, thats why she is who she is

• Well whatever she's done, I'd still do her :D
    NERDS!
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    she makes some annoying music which my daughter loves.
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    she's a workin girl trying to make some cash i don't blame her she has a kid to feed now and i think her new album is pretty good and she looks hott as hell good lord gavin whatever his name is from bush is one lucky ass fella!!

have you had a look at Gavin Rossdale? SHE is the lucky one there. He is one hot looking man.

And...the working girl thing? I don't think sh'e having trouble affording formula or anything...I don't know. Most of her new music is pretty lame but apparently she likes it and so do many others. NOT ME! :D (But her husband's hot...I felt compelled dto repeat that fact.)
  • My wife thinks Gavin is hot as well.

Gwen is now just putting out beats with no substance. She sold out for sure. I'm sure the "meager" salary she had with No Doubt wasn't enough to feed her family. Give me a break.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • She's smokin' hott has a great voice. really creative and inventive music sense not afraid to take risks and she's pulled it off. No doubt would have never gotten anywhere without her and I'm sure they are all grateful to have ever had her a part of their lives. You can't rip on her because she wanted to grow and expand her musical horizons with solo projects, if anything i congratulate her on having the guts to take the chance branching out and doing it successfully and the only thing she is selling out is concert arenas and stacks of cd's
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,927
    It's her life....who gives a shit what she does with it
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448

Oh, god I hope that's true. And I hope their new album sounds nothing like her solo shit.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • drivingrldrivingrl Posts: 1,448

And because Tony broke up with her.
    drivingrl: "Will I ever get to meet Gwen Stefani?"
    kevinbeetle: "Yes. When her career washes up and her and Gavin move to Galveston, you will meet her at Hot Topic shopping for a Japanese cheerleader outfit.

Next!"
  • some of you need a serious reality check. if that was eddie vedder on there, you'd be raving about how awesome it was.

theres nothing wrong with gwen or her music with no doubt or solo. and she looked great as well last night.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    It's her life....who gives a shit what she does with it

thats funny because her cover of It's My Life was one of her first solo singles.:D:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

what? no talent required?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say