who's getting the new beatles album?

soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
edited November 2006 in Other Music
it kinda flew in under the radar... have y'all heard about 'love'? in principle, im pretty opposed to this sort of thing. but i do have to admit, this sounds far more intriguing than any other compilation project ive ever heard of... i might pick it up on weds when i get the black crowes dvd.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/entertainment/previewsandreviews/tm_headline=all-you-need-is-love---and-the-waiting-is-nearly-over&method=full&objectid=18113080&siteid=50061-name_page.html

http://www.nme.com/news/beatles/24757
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wow, that does sound interesting. i'm the same way in that i don't dig remix stuff like this, but i'm intrigued. lemee know how it is
  • Dr. JDr. J Posts: 75
    you can listen to the full album over at http://music.aol.com/songs/new_releases_full_cds
  • i dont believe in beatles
    the dream is over
    carry on carry on
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • AranarthAranarth Posts: 227
    it's pretty good actually, very well done and not a disgrace at all. That said, I can't wait for remastered versions of the albums, they deserve a decent sound.
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    it kinda flew in under the radar... have y'all heard about 'love'? in principle, im pretty opposed to this sort of thing. but i do have to admit, this sounds far more intriguing than any other compilation project ive ever heard of... i might pick it up on weds when i get the black crowes dvd.

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/entertainment/previewsandreviews/tm_headline=all-you-need-is-love---and-the-waiting-is-nearly-over&method=full&objectid=18113080&siteid=50061-name_page.html

A new Black Crowes dvd?
  • bjf143bjf143 Posts: 147
    Although I feel the Beatles albums should be listened to in their entirety versus on a best of compilation, this does look pretty sweet, so I may have to check it out...

Thanks for posting this!!! :)
    "Actually, we're a complete fraud. We can't sing, play or write songs, we get other people to do it for us. We also pay radio stations lots of money to tell kids to buy our records and wear clothes like us."

~EV

www.myspace.com/nittanylions

Jo's Board
    http:\\jojogvn2fly.proboards86.com
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I'm listening to this on aol.com. Will say what I think when I'm done listening.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    bobasfeet wrote:
    A new Black Crowes dvd?

nah, i was gonna get the 'who killed that bird on your window sill' dvd. i had it in my hand at best buy on sunday, but i also had nirvana's dvd and the u2 zoo tv dvd and felt my conscience would be better off if i split my massive spending binge up ;)

ill have to preview this on aol after class today.

does anyone know when the albums will be remastered? i sold my collection a few years back thinking the remasters would be out any day... now it's 3 years later and im pissed that my entire beatles collection is on crappy mp3s, hehe
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i think i'll be getting this one :cool:

seeing as how i have every other frickin release i may as well continue my collection... it had been officially endorsed by the surviving Beatles and Oh No as well.

I've been listening to it on radio today and it seems pretty well done..
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    i think i'll be getting this one :cool:

seeing as how i have every other frickin release i may as well continue my collection... it had been officially endorsed by the surviving Beatles and Oh No as well.

I've been listening to it on radio today and it seems pretty well done..

what is oh no?
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    im listening to it on aol...some are not noticeably different but then there are really, really cool ones like the mix of tomorrow never knows and within you without you and the mix of what youre doing-drive my car-the word
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646

:D

How did you manage to find such a good clip Finsy? ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ITmS5oghVc&mode=related&search=

Try this one. It's like Blue Peter on Mogadon.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    i dont believe in beatles
    the dream is over
    carry on carry on

i just believe

in me

yoko and me

that's reality
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    ok.......i've heard it. michael richards endorses it. oj says it's got a beat and you can dance to it.

i say.......sacrolidge.

did i spell that right?
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    i've heard parts of it. i knew about it because i get yahoo member messages sent to me. i am sure i will own it soon!!
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    On a side note, when are the albums supposed to be remastered?
  • I got the album. it's pretty cool. parts of songs are dubbed onto others in a cool way. I think Strawberry Fields (medley with hello goodbye, piggies, and penny lane) , Being for the Benifit of Mr. Kite (medley with She's so heavy and helter skelter) and within you without you (dubbed over Tomorrow Never knows) are the best
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
    EBowie wrote:
    On a side note, when are the albums supposed to be remastered?

im wondering this too... have been for years. i cant believe they're dragging their feet this long. the who did their entire catalogue years ago... what's the holdup?

after listening to the preview on aol, im not too impressed. it's interesting, but i dont feel compelled to own it. if anything, it makes me yearn for a legit remastered catalogue of the originals...
  • it kinda flew in under the radar... have y'all heard about 'love'? in principle, im pretty opposed to this sort of thing. but i do have to admit, this sounds far more intriguing than any other compilation project ive ever heard of... i might pick it up on weds when i get the black crowes dvd.

if there was ever a reason to illegally burn a copy of a cd it would be this one

"sir paul and his $250 concert tickets" is THE reason why :(

money. it's a gas
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    just bought it,

a nice reminder of how good the Beatles were

sounds good so far, all the songs transition into one another so that is cool, like one long song. A lot of ethereal transitions

titles abbreviated I am a lazy bum

because- pretty cool
    get back- okay, just different than norm- get annoying at end
    Glass onion- transition song
    Elenor Rigby- cool a little stripped down
    I am the walrus- I am the egg man! some modern sound effects cool
    Hold your hand- sullivan intro with fake corwn screaming

at this point I can't help myslef from singing along

Drive my car- beep beep beep beep

Gnik nus- sun king backwards...so are the vocals

Something- okay

the sound is great no hiss from old analog tapes so far...now if you love vinyl, well....

mr kite- never heard this before typical wierd playful Beatle tune(at first then turns king of mansonish), some cool guitar? Cool vocals really liked this song

Help!- nothing special other than the song is great
    blackbird/testerday- interesting transition into an always amazing song how I long for Yesterdayayayay!

Strawberry fields- kind of a twangy guitar little zep feel- get cluttered at the end

within you-tomorrow never knows- okay some wierd sound effects kind of Floyd

LSD- nice transition into this -cool still singing along like a jackass didn't care for the symphonic end transition into the octopus

Octopus- ringo singing all I can say- a bit catcy some oceany/rainy background sounds fuck with you a bit

lady madonna- nothing special

here comes the sun/inner light- bongo beinning some electronica okay

Come together dear prudence- this song can never be bad cool transition into prudence

revolution- didn't like transition to start, but good song- outtro sucked too

ussr-could have done without

Gently weeps- NICE VERSION symphony instumentals with acoustic guitar

A day in the life- nice

Hey Jude- one of the best songs EVER, has a differnt last thirs, more like a live sing along

sgt peppers- okay not falling off the seat

allll you need is love- okay

I guess if you like the Beatles get it it si cool, if not, then don't spend the money
  • i think its great. best version of something and while my guitar gently weeps i have ever heard. and the hey bulldog solo in lady madonna is killer. i love the re-mixes. theres something in every song that enhances it.
    Cheat the odds that made you
    Brave to try to gamble at times
  • maybe, haven't quite decided yet.
    eh, i probably will.
    :p
    Stay with me...
    Let's just breathe...

I am myself like you somehow

• damn I didnt even know about this and I love the Beatles, guess Im going to get it but first Im going to listen to it via that link that was mentioned..thanks SS.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    Had to pick my jaw up off the floor from the first 5.1 version of these songs that they've ever put out. I'm PRAYING this is a fore-bearer to the albums themselves getting that treatment...

Really fantastic.

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • Ive been listening to it for the last half hour and it is really, really good.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • I am a Beatles fanatic and I agree it is quite good. Initially I thought the idea sounded kind of cheesy, but I've been pleasantly surprised. It sounds really fresh. My favorites so far are "Within You, Without Out / Tomorrow Never Knows/" and "Here Comes The Sun / The Inner Light."
  • I love Mr. Kite and Strawberry. It just sounds so amazing.
  • blackbird/yesterday...

i love the instrumental beginning of blackbird segue-ing into yesterday. it sounds like it always should have been that way. i need to listen to the whole thing though, i've only heard about the first 20 songs. i'll pop it in and play it the whole way through on my drive back to school tomorrow night.