Options

Hartford Pre-Party Fundraiser!

Comments

• Options
    arhoopsarhoops Posts: 110
    arhoops +1
    i only own my mind- i am mine.

Detroit 2- 2003, Toledo- 2004, Grand Rapids- 2004, Kitchener- 2005, London- 2005, Hamilton- 2005, Toronto 1- 2006, Toronto 2- 2006, Grand Rapids- 2006. Cleveland- 2006, Detroit- 2006, Lollapalooza- 2007, Mansfield 1- 2008
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    Congrtats , hartford on getting the Klausen Poster!!
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,816
    I took the liberty of making a group Photobucket area for each fundraiser.

That means everyone can access the photos and upload their own for one big photo album of the event. Please feel free to upload your photos to each album - it would be great to have them all in one place! :)

Hartford: http://photobucket.com/groups/gg180/2CQ3XDBG1T/
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Adv4PatsAdv4Pats Posts: 3
    "Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane." Martin Luther King, Jr.

That is why I founded Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness -- to combat this shocking and inhumane inequality that exists in the health care system in America today.

Like Mike, I have Crohn's disease. In April 2001, I had major surgery followed by a run of staph infections, three more surgeries, and a very scary autoimmune response to a drug I tried. I almost died. I knew that my life would never -- could never -- be the same. So I quit being a trial lawyer and started Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness. We provide about $1 million in free services to patients with chronic illnesses every year on a budget of under $200,000 -- how's that for a return on your investment?!

We help people find health insurance, we fight with insurance companies to get things covered, we help with Social Security disability, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, laws that apply to schools -- can you imagine a school hiring a lawyer to fight a request for an anytime bathroom pass for a child with ulcerative colitis? -- we do whatever patients need.

As the economy takes a downswing, we get more and more requests for financial support, help with medical debt, help with foreclosures. We do what we can. But these are tough times. When you see insurance companies deny medication to a college student with multiple sclerosis -- I sometimes wonder if they sit there and figure out that paying for a wheelchair for her would be less expensive -- there's a lot of heartbreak in the work we do.

And that's where you come in. You are TOTALLY AWESOME and then some. I can't tell you how much it means to our little organization to have your support. You will help us to keep helping others and have fun in the bargain. I am so looking forward to meeting all of you at Sweet Jane's on June 27th. We're closing the office early -- Pearl Jam being in town ought to be a State holiday, after all -- and we'll be there hanging with you, getting ready for what I know will be a GREAT show. I can't wait to meet all of you.

If any of you have questions or need our help, or just want to say hi, my email is patient_advocate@sbcglobal.net. But even better, come to Sweet Jane's on the 27th and say hi in person. I can't wait. THANK YOU!!!!

Jennifer Jaff
    Founder and Executive Director
    Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness
  • Options
    pjmaniacpjmaniac Posts: 45
    I can't wait for the pre show fundraiser! It will be my first. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of great people and buying something to benefit a great cause. Do sales at each fundraiser go towards the specific cause in that city or to the Wishlist Foundation?

What a post by Jennifer. She and her group do tremendous work! June 27th can't come soon enough!
    8.29.00, 7.3.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 9.29.04, 9.28.05, 5.13.06, 5.24.06, 5.25.06, 6.27.08, 6.28, 6.30.08
  • Options
    ECMECM Posts: 1,687
    pjmaniac wrote:
    I can't wait for the pre show fundraiser! It will be my first. Looking forward to meeting a bunch of great people and buying something to benefit a great cause. Do sales at each fundraiser go towards the specific cause in that city or to the Wishlist Foundation?

What a post by Jennifer. She and her group do tremendous work! June 27th can't come soon enough!

All proceeds will be going to Advocacy for Patients for the Hartford preparty.... we collect the donations then write out a check to the beneficiary.

So yeah... feel free to donate away.... PM me or Foxy Mop!
    wishlistfoundation.org
  • Options
    Adv4Pats wrote:
    "Of all the forms of inequality, injustice in health care is the most shocking and inhumane." Martin Luther King, Jr.

That is why I founded Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness -- to combat this shocking and inhumane inequality that exists in the health care system in America today.

Like Mike, I have Crohn's disease. In April 2001, I had major surgery followed by a run of staph infections, three more surgeries, and a very scary autoimmune response to a drug I tried. I almost died. I knew that my life would never -- could never -- be the same. So I quit being a trial lawyer and started Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness. We provide about $1 million in free services to patients with chronic illnesses every year on a budget of under $200,000 -- how's that for a return on your investment?!

We help people find health insurance, we fight with insurance companies to get things covered, we help with Social Security disability, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Family and Medical Leave Act, laws that apply to schools -- can you imagine a school hiring a lawyer to fight a request for an anytime bathroom pass for a child with ulcerative colitis? -- we do whatever patients need.

As the economy takes a downswing, we get more and more requests for financial support, help with medical debt, help with foreclosures. We do what we can. But these are tough times. When you see insurance companies deny medication to a college student with multiple sclerosis -- I sometimes wonder if they sit there and figure out that paying for a wheelchair for her would be less expensive -- there's a lot of heartbreak in the work we do.

And that's where you come in. You are TOTALLY AWESOME and then some. I can't tell you how much it means to our little organization to have your support. You will help us to keep helping others and have fun in the bargain. I am so looking forward to meeting all of you at Sweet Jane's on June 27th. We're closing the office early -- Pearl Jam being in town ought to be a State holiday, after all -- and we'll be there hanging with you, getting ready for what I know will be a GREAT show. I can't wait to meet all of you.

If any of you have questions or need our help, or just want to say hi, my email is patient_advocate@sbcglobal.net. But even better, come to Sweet Jane's on the 27th and say hi in person. I can't wait. THANK YOU!!!!

Jennifer Jaff
    Founder and Executive Director
    Advocacy for Patients with Chronic Illness

Awesome first post Jennifer & welcome to our crazy little world :)

If you haven't already decided to come down to the party, meeting Jennifer should seal the deal!

xoxox
    Laura
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    I spoke w/Chris @ Sweet Jane's today and here's some new news!

- We're working on a potential beer special w/our Wishlist stadium cups & discount refills. Will post the details if it gets the green light.

- Like last year, the DJ (used to do the Dead Zone on local radio) will be mixing Pearl Jam CDs, DVDs, boots, rarities and the like!

- There WILL be a shuttle bus to and from the venue!! It/they will be a yellow school bus and will cost around $8.00 (may be less, but not more than) for round trip transpo. Will have more details on schedule, arrivals/departures and all that. BUT... we need to make a LIST of people who are interested in using the shuttle service so we can have the appropriate number of buses available to handle everyone.

So please, POST IF YOU PLAN TO TAKE THE SHUTTLE!

- At the moment, the bar is 21 and over. However, the owners are taking the 18-20 yr. old fans into consideration and may be able to make arrangements to get them in. So.. we also need a list of 18-20 year olds! PLEASE POST HERE if you plan on going to the fundraiser and are 18 TO 20 YEARS OLD!

Dirty Frank Shuttle Bus Riders
    1. Foxy Mop
    2. Evil Closet Monkey
    3. Nixon in Detroit
    4. luvistower

18-20 Year Old Party Goers
    1. Mr. 18
    2. Ms. 19
    3. Sir 20

:D
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,180
    Count me in on the shuttle +1

both over 21

Thanks so much for setting all of this up. I can't wait!
  • Options
    dontejasdontejas Posts: 31
    Please count my wife and I in for the shuttle.

And we were 21 when Vs. came out. We old.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,342
    hell yeah this is shaping up to be a great prepartie no doubt ,,

so count me in for the shuttle along with 3others so total of 4 ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    Go ahead and put me (and Toni) down for the shuttle. We may just walk it though.

What time are the shuttles going to start heading to the venue?
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    swallowedwordsswallowedwords Posts: 1,093
    Foxy Mop wrote:

- We're working on a potential beer special w/our Wishlist stadium cups & discount refills. Will post the details if it gets the green light.

- Like last year, the DJ (used to do the Dead Zone on local radio) will be mixing Pearl Jam CDs, DVDs, boots, rarities and the like!

- There WILL be a shuttle bus to and from the venue!! It/they will be a yellow school bus and will cost around $8.00 (may be less, but not more than) for round trip transpo. Will have more details on schedule, arrivals/departures and all that. BUT... we need to make a LIST of people who are interested in using the shuttle service so we can have the appropriate number of buses available to handle everyone.

- At the moment, the bar is 21 and over. However, the owners are taking the 18-20 yr. old fans into consideration and may be able to make arrangements to get them in. So.. we also need a list of 18-20 year olds! PLEASE POST HERE if you plan on going to the fundraiser and are 18 TO 20 YEARS OLD!

1. Foxy Mop
    2. Evil Closet Monkey
    3. Nixon in Detroit
    4. luvistower

1. Mr. 18
    2. Ms. 19
    3. Sir 20

Count myself and my girlfriend in. We are both over 21.
    Free the West Memphis Three
    www.wm3.org

Ron Paul 2012
  • Options
    pjmaniacpjmaniac Posts: 45
    Count me in +1 with the shuttle to and fro as well. Any idea when the shuttle will be departing from Sweet Janes?

There is a parking garage close to Sweet Janes, correct?
    8.29.00, 7.3.03, 7.11.03, 9.28.04, 9.29.04, 9.28.05, 5.13.06, 5.24.06, 5.25.06, 6.27.08, 6.28, 6.30.08
  • Options
    Foxy Mop wrote:

1. Foxy Mop
    2. Evil Closet Monkey
    3. Nixon in Detroit
    4. luvistower

1. Mr. 18
    2. Ms. 19
    3. Sir 20

Hi, my friend and I are 19 and were hoping to attend the fundraiser. We're coming in from Toronto and have nothing else to do! :D I RSVP'ed a while ago, but add us to the under 21s list please! And if we do get in, we'd also like to take the shuttle. Thanks again guys!
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443

Am I one of your +3? Haha, I think so... Can't wait!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    stateeshastateesha Posts: 274
    I will be there. Am over 21. Will be taking the shuttle. And, I have an extra 10c ticket (85xxx) if anyone is needing one. Let me know.
    92 Atlanta; 93 Boulder; 94 Denver 1-2; 95 Red Rocks 1-2; 96 Charlotte, Charleston; 98 Atlanta, Greenville, Knoxville, Columbia, Washington; 99 Bridge 1-2; 00 Atlanta, Vegas; 01 Bridge 1-2, Seattle; 02 Seattle; 03 Vegas, Bridge 1-2; 04 Asheville; 05 Toronto; 06 E. Ruth 1-2, Hawaii 1-2; 07 London; 08 Columbia, MSG 1 & 2, Hartford, Boston 1 & 2, Beacon
  • Options
    mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,180
    ...could you be sure to add me to the pre-party list +1?

Thanks!!
  • Options
    i'll be there with a guest and we're both 21
    i wanna go but i dont want to go alone
  • Options
    jcfranzjcfranz Posts: 168
    I am in for myself +3 for the pre-party and also all four of us are going to take the short bus as well...oh yeah. schweet.
    It's easy to grin, When your ship comes in, And you've got the stock market beat. But the man worthwhile, Is the man who can smile, When his shorts are too tight in the seat
  • Options
    Am I one of your +3? Haha, I think so... Can't wait!

yeah you are ..:)
  • Options
    ArcticangelArcticangel Posts: 1,443
    yeah you are ..:)

Yay! I can't wait!
    PJ: St. Paul 6.16.2003, St. Paul 6.26.2006, St. Paul 6.27.2006, Hartford 6.27.2008, Mansfield 6.28.2008, Mansfield 6.30.2008, Beacon Theater 7.1.2008, Toronto 8.21.2009, Chicago 8.23.2009, Chicago 8.24.2009, Philly 10.30.2009, Philly 10.31.2009, Columbus 5.6.2010, Noblesville 5.7.2010

EV: Los Angeles 4.12.2008, Los Angeles 4.13.2008, Nashville 6.17.2009, Nashville 6.18.2009, Memphis 6.20.2009
  • Options
    Yay! I can't wait!

hell yeah me too it will be great that list of names looks great ....:D
  • Options
    Sorry to keep pestering, but any idea when we should know whether 18-20-year-olds can get in? Will we know in the next week or so or is it going to be more last-minute? I'm just trying to plan everything out. Thanks again!
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    arhoops wrote:
    arhoops +1

added!
    Count me in on the shuttle +1

both over 21

Thanks so much for setting all of this up. I can't wait!
    added!
    dontejas wrote:
    Please count my wife and I in for the shuttle.

And we were 21 when Vs. came out. We old.
    I was 17, so I'm up there too ;)

added!

you & posse added!
    Flagg wrote:
    Go ahead and put me (and Toni) down for the shuttle. We may just walk it though.

What time are the shuttles going to start heading to the venue?

Added! Doors are at 7:00pm so figure we'll do the raffle at 5:00, auction around 5:30-5:45 pm. Shuttle will start right after the auction until everyone gets there.. will have exact confirmation Mondayish!
    Count myself and my girlfriend in. We are both over 21.

added!
    pjmaniac wrote:
    Count me in +1 with the shuttle to and fro as well. Any idea when the shuttle will be departing from Sweet Janes?

There is a parking garage close to Sweet Janes, correct?

added! See response above :) Not a garage, but I believe there's parking nearby.
    Hi, my friend and I are 19 and were hoping to attend the fundraiser. We're coming in from Toronto and have nothing else to do! :D I RSVP'ed a while ago, but add us to the under 21s list please! And if we do get in, we'd also like to take the shuttle. Thanks again guys!

added!
    stateesha wrote:
    I will be there. Am over 21. Will be taking the shuttle. And, I have an extra 10c ticket (85xxx) if anyone is needing one. Let me know.
    added and added your extra to the have/need list!
    ...could you be sure to add me to the pre-party list +1?

Thanks!!

added!
    i'll be there with a guest and we're both 21
    added!
    jcfranz wrote:
    I am in for myself +3 for the pre-party and also all four of us are going to take the short bus as well...oh yeah. schweet.
    added! We will reserve you a seat in the back ;)
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    I am all for the shuttle!!! I've got the Spin Blog guy too! So count two of us in!
    Luv, need to get in touch with you. How much do I owe you for the ticket?
    added you and blog boy
    Sorry to keep pestering, but any idea when we should know whether 18-20-year-olds can get in? Will we know in the next week or so or is it going to be more last-minute? I'm just trying to plan everything out. Thanks again!
    We should have a definite answer for you Monday/Tuesday, if that's cool!

:)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 337
    Please count myself + 1 for the pre-party (over 21) and the shuttle

amazing job on all of the organizing, this will be my girlfriends first pj show so I am hoping this preparty will show her how great and how giving the fan base is!
  • Options
    meisteredermeistereder Posts: 1,556
    Put me down for the shuttle! Thanks! Wow, great job organizing.
    San Diego 10/25/00, Mountain View 6/1/03, Santa Barbara 10/28/03, Northwest School 3/18/05, San Diego 7/7/06, Los Angeles 7/9/06, 7/10/06, Honolulu (U2) 12/9/06, Santa Barbara (EV) 4/10/08, Los Angeles (EV) 4/12/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield 6/28/08, VH1 Rock Honors The Who 7/12/08, Seattle 9/21/09, Universal City 9/30/09, 10/1/09, 10/6/09, 10/7/09, San Diego 10/9/09, Los Angeles (EV) 7/8/11, Santa Barbara (EV) 7/9/11, Chicago 7/19/13, San Diego 11/21/13, Los Angeles 11/23/13, 11/24/13, Oakland 11/26/13, Chicago 8/22/16, Missoula 8/13/18, Boston 9/2/18, Los Angeles 2/25/22 (EV), San Diego 5/3/22, Los Angeles 5/6/22, 5/7/22, Imola 6/25/22, [Los Angeles 5/21/24], [London 6/29/24], [Boston 9/15/24]
  • Options
    Hey throw me in for the party and shuttle bus!!!
  • Options
    Added Release Me, meistereder & LOVEBOATCAPT0226!

Also updated:

Auction Items:
    • Autographed Pearl Jam poster, donated by Mike/Pearl Jam

For auction items ONLY, we will accept personal checks. You will need to supply your driver's license, name, address, phone and email for verification! So you can bid as high as you want without draining your hard cash :)
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥
  • Options
    Quilt Art on Display
    Sari from the IBD Quilt Project will be on hand to display two quilts with Jennifer Jaff's and Mike McCready's square in them for your viewing pleasure. IBD Quilt Project generates public awareness for ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease including complications such as colon cancer and ostomy. The quilt panels tour and exhibit for education and support. Crafted by and for the inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) community, the quilt provides an outlet to express the thoughts and experiences of living with chronic diseases. Please visit their website to donate now: http://www.ibdquilt.org.
    Wishlist Foundation

♥♥♥