BuckCherry

Comments

• fanch75fanch75 Posts: 3,734
    im happy to hear a band that's not afraid to be inappropriate and kick some ass. im tired of that pansy-ass emo type shit we've been hearing, and even the mopey false-humility of grunge. it's nice now and again to throw on a band that's all about drinking and partying and the seamy side of life instead of whining about girls or their sad childhood. it's why i like oasis so much.

FUCK YES. Tell 'em, SS.

If there was an Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry tour, there'd be nothing left for me to see and I'd just stop seeing rock shows.
    Do you remember Rock & Roll Radio?
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    i still dont know who this mysterious hinder is... they sound pretty bad. who likes nickelback? hinder or buckcherry? if buckcherry has said they like nickelback id be really sad...
    they are absolutely awful. . .but judging from what you've said, maybe you'd think they're "fun" so you might like them. . .turn on any top 40 station on the radion, you'll hear them eventually
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • upina2001upina2001 Posts: 764
    jammerfall wrote:
    Just one question: Are Buckcherry and Hinder interchangeable or what?

And both of them are just a 2000's version of Motley Crue & Poison.

Toledo, Ohio (September 22, 1996), East Troy, Wisconsin (June 26, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 17, 1998), Noblesville, Indiana (August 18, 2000), Cincinnati, Ohio (August 20, 2000), Columbus, Ohio (August 21, 2000), Nashville, Tennessee (April 18, 2003), Champaign, Illinois (April 23, 2003), Noblesville, Indiana (June 22, 2003), Chicago, Illinois (May 16, 2006), Chicago, Illinois (August 05, 2007), West Palm Beach, Florida (June 11, 2008), Tampa, Florida (June 12, 2008), Columbus, OH (May 06, 2010), Noblesville, Indiana (May 07, 2010), Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013), US Bank Arena (October 01, 2014), Lexington (April 26, 2016), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Boston Night 1 (September 02, 2018), Nashville (September 16, 2022), St. Louis (September 18, 2022)

• the problem is ALL there songs are like that, i mean they could have just as easily been written by warrant, or poison, or motley crue. . .great bands have some substance to them, which buckcherry does not. like i said there show was decent and pretty energetic, but i cant see myself being a big fan

i'm seriously not trying to be a dick, and I can appreciate what you're saying based on what you saw, but do you actually know all of the lyrics to all of their songs? i personally think josh is a great lyricist, especially on their slower tunes like sorry, carousel, you, and especially check your head. regarding check your head, those lyrics get to me every time... i'll type them below for your sampling pleasure (and by the way, if ed wrote these exact same lyrics, a lot of people on this board would say it was the most amazing song ever, but because josh todd wrote it, i'm sure most will shit all over it. josh wrote this song about 2 kids he actually knew growing up, so it couldn't be more from the heart)

Check Your Head

Jesse died today,
    I read the news, it's safe,
    Photographed nude at age 13

And Nick was a friend of mine,
    He died before his time,
    Dead on acid at age 18.

Oh, and you still bitch about your payments
    It's funny how your looks predict your statements

I dressed in black today,
    It represents this phase I'm in
    And what it was I can't believe

This thing that you're hiding behind,
    It's from a different life,
    And what it was, is still in your dreams

Oh, and you still bitch about your payments
    It's funny how your looks predict your statements

So check your head,
    Set your eyes on your dreams,
    Be happy with nothing
    You're a sight to see, my love

You fell out of time with some distance to go
    It's not a design, it's a talent show
    If you can believe it's the end of the line, you'll be taken

Now Jesse never thought that what she did
    Would change my life
    She just thought her life was a waste of time

And Nick worked hard to graduate
    And after that he died
    He always thought high school was a waste of time

Check your head...
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    fanch75 wrote:
    FUCK YES. Tell 'em, SS.

If there was an Oasis/Jet/Buckcherry tour, there'd be nothing left for me to see and I'd just stop seeing rock shows.

i need to listen to jet's new album...
    they are absolutely awful. . .but judging from what you've said, maybe you'd think they're "fun" so you might like them. . .turn on any top 40 station on the radion, you'll hear them eventually

i dunno, i've heard them compared to nickelback a lot and nickelback is the most horrid piece of shit ever.
    i need to listen to jet's new album...

You will love it. Even more derivative (with no apologies) than the first album, very Beatlesque. You'll dig it.
    i dunno, i've heard them compared to nickelback a lot and nickelback is the most horrid piece of shit ever.

Hinder sounds a lot like Nickelback. They had the song "Lips of an Angel" on the radio (a tribute to adultery if you listen to the lyrics), and it's a decent rock ballad.

I don't mind Nickelback, they're okay. I don't buy their cd's, but i'd rather hear them than Linkin Park. Yeah I said it.
    i remeber josh auditioing and maybe even gigging with the velvet revolver hacks before weiland came along..

listen, with all due respect, if you call Slash and Duff that again, we're going to have problems.
  • and yes im all lit up again..

is that still their biggest success? coz thats gotta be 7 years ago?

i remeber josh auditioing and maybe even gigging with the velvet revolver hacks before weiland came along..

those "velvet revolver hacks" were the blood and guts of guns'n'roses... far from hacks. really great blues-based rock'n'roll.

and velvet revolver's not too bad either.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    and how long has it been since lions? how many times have they broken up, done solo albums, toured, fired keyboardists, had the guitarist quit? im glad they're doing new stuff. dont get me wrong, i love the crowes and like them better than buckcherry, but you never know how long it will be until the next crowes album and in the meantime you've got to find something to listen to. buckcherry fits that bill nicely. they're a fun band. nothing brilliant, but fun. id say the same about the crowes... they're not doing anything particularly groundbreaking, they're just a fun rock and roll band. so is buckcherry. so why the hate? cos they have a song called crazy bitch and that offends your pc-sensibilities cos it has the dreaded f-word and is about good sex? you're telling me the lyrics to stop kicking my heart around are a whole lot more impressive? cmon... they're both fun bands. there's nothing wrong with liking them both. by that ridiculous sentiment nobody should like pearl jam cos the who came first.

See, with a name like "soulsinging" I would almost think you woulda been a hardcore Crowes fan for sure. Anyway, they've actually never officially broke up...they took a hiatus..similar to the hiatus that Buckcherry took from '01 to '06. And trust me, I'm not offended by a band using curse words in their songs and I would consider myself not politically correct in most cases. The reason why I don't really care for Buckcherry is because there was a band before them that sounded way better..they were called Gun's N' Roses. And both Gn'R and TBC (and especially TBC) are far more musically inclined than BC could ever dream to be. Buckcherry, while a decent band in their own right, wishes they could produce a piece of work that could stand up to TBC's Southern Harmony, Amorica or Three Snakes efforts, imho.

Peace,

RM
    See, with a name like "soulsinging" I would almost think you woulda been a hardcore Crowes fan for sure. Anyway, they've actually never officially broke up...they took a hiatus..similar to the hiatus that Buckcherry took from '01 to '06. And trust me, I'm not offended by a band using curse words in their songs and I would consider myself not politically correct in most cases. The reason why I don't really care for Buckcherry is because there was a band before them that sounded way better..they were called Gun's N' Roses. And both Gn'R and TBC (and especially TBC) are far more musically inclined than BC could ever dream to be. Buckcherry, while a decent band in their own right, wishes they could produce a piece of work that could stand up to TBC's Southern Harmony, Amorica or Three Snakes efforts, imho.

Peace,

RM

but since the black crowes could never produce anything that lived up to three snakes, and guns'n'roses never could come close to appetite again, we're once again left with buckcherry. i do consider myself a pretty hardcore black crowes fan. but again, i dont see how or why that means i cant like buckcherry. they're both good at what they do.
    but since the black crowes could never produce anything that lived up to three snakes, and guns'n'roses never could come close to appetite again, we're once again left with buckcherry. i do consider myself a pretty hardcore black crowes fan. but again, i dont see how or why that means i cant like buckcherry. they're both good at what they do.

What do you think of "By Your Side"? That's the only album of theirs I have, and I absolutely love it.
    fanch75 wrote:
    What do you think of "By Your Side"? That's the only album of theirs I have, and I absolutely love it.

felt the need to resurrect this bad boy. 'by your side' is an excellent album, but if you dig that you REALLY need to get some of their earlier stuff. the black crowes are so cool even oasis was willing to put aside their egos and open for them on the us brotherly love tour. they rock.

but i bumped this becos im listening to buckcherry now and they kick motherfucking ass.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    felt the need to resurrect this bad boy. 'by your side' is an excellent album, but if you dig that you REALLY need to get some of their earlier stuff.
    but i bumped this becos im listening to buckcherry now and they kick motherfucking ass.

I don't know if I'd call BY Your Side an excellent album, it has a couple good tunes but some really really bad ones as well.
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    fanch75 wrote:

A lot of Crowes fans consider that to be a "sellout" album, thinking they were bowing to pressure to return to their Shake Your Money Maker style. But I'm OK with it. I love Virtue and Vice, By Your Side and Welcome to the Good Times.

But do yourself a favor and immediately get Southern Harmony and Musical Companion, Amorica, and Three Snakes and One Charm. Best Crowes records by far.

Not that I'm an expert by any means, but I think Southern Harmony is a perfect rock 'n' roll record. As perfect as you can get anyway. And Amorica is right there next to it.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I cant believe so many of you like this band. They are basically just another Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Finger Eleven, Hinder, Daughtry, etc. Very poor songs from what I have heard.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    I cant believe so many of you like this band. They are basically just another Nickelback, Three Days Grace, Finger Eleven, Hinder, Daughtry, etc. Very poor songs from what I have heard.

what have you heard? of the bands you've listed i've only heard of nickelback and they sound nothing like nickelback.
    felt the need to resurrect this bad boy. 'by your side' is an excellent album, but if you dig that you REALLY need to get some of their earlier stuff. the black crowes are so cool even oasis was willing to put aside their egos and open for them on the us brotherly love tour. they rock.

You just inspired me to put both Buckcherry albums on shuffle in my iPod. If you can do this, SS, you should.

How much does Sunshine rock? For The Movies is on now, for the record.

edit: That would have been awesome if Liam came onstage drunk during that tour while the Crowes were playing, grabbed the mic, and yell "The Robinson brothers are a couple 'o fookin wankas!"
  • haha yeah their drummer graduated from my towns high school
    there'll be time for laughin'
    there's no time to cry
    soon i will be leavin'
    look me in the eye
    no matter what's in front of me
    it's your face that i'll see
    what have you heard? of the bands you've listed i've only heard of nickelback and they sound nothing like nickelback.

More on the fact that they try too hard to have a "cool" image though they come off looking and sounding like complete garbage. Havent heard anything from them for a very long time but from what I remember, they had awful lyrics. Now that I think about it, the best comparison would be Puddle Of Mudd.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

More on the fact that they try too hard to have a "cool" image though they come off looking and sounding like complete garbage. Havent heard anything from them for a very long time but from what I remember, they had awful lyrics. Now that I think about it, the best comparison would be Puddle Of Mudd.

i guess i missed their image. i never heard or saw anything of them aside from their songs on the radio. they're for real though. hell, the band got started when their tattoo artist told them they should play together. it's not like it's an act. it's who they are.

yeah, they've got some dumb lyrics, but 99% of rock lyrics aren't exactly poetry, so so what?
    fanch75 wrote:
    You just inspired me to put both Buckcherry albums on shuffle in my iPod. If you can do this, SS, you should.

How much does Sunshine rock? For The Movies is on now, for the record.

edit: That would have been awesome if Liam came onstage drunk during that tour while the Crowes were playing, grabbed the mic, and yell "The Robinson brothers are a couple 'o fookin wankas!"

i may have to do that.

also, this is why i fucking hate cincinatti, nothing personal. i had tickets to see a show on that tour at riverbend. and, of course, the fucking shithole flooded and the show was cancelled. i've never forgiven the town for that.
    yeah, they've got some dumb lyrics, but 99% of rock lyrics aren't exactly poetry, so so what?

I thought that song called Dirty Frank was about the plight of snails when they are stepped on by rich, wealthy Republican white males? You know, they hurt & dirty the environment, and as a result a kind hearted gentile named Frank got dirty, hence Dirty Frank.

All music should be serious. All the time.

:rolleyes:

I've said this before - the very term "rock and roll" means f*cking. Sorry, but it does. The term came from an old 50's song (artist escapes me) called "Let Me Rock And Roll You All Night." He wasn't talking about reading romance novels and having soup together.
    fanch75 wrote:
    I thought that song called Dirty Frank was about the plight of snails when they are stepped on by rich, wealthy Republican white males? You know, they hurt & dirty the environment, and as a result a kind hearted gentile named Frank got dirty, hence Dirty Frank.

All music should be serious. All the time.

:rolleyes:

I've said this before - the very term "rock and roll" means f*cking. Sorry, but it does. The term came from an old 50's song (artist escapes me) called "Let Me Rock And Roll You All Night." He wasn't talking about reading romance novels and having soup together.

i thought all rock and roll was about angst-riddled existential crises and the helpless plight of the sensitive individual in this dog eat dog world? i didn't know it could be about having fun and partying and having sex!
    I just wanna be held!!!!

Re: the Crowes/Oasis show in Cincy....I guess that was the same year that PJ was supposed to play here. I wasn't listening to Oasis back then and shows were few & far between due to financial issues at the time....I woulda been pissed too. However, Riverbend is a great place to see a show, don't let it taint you too much.
    fanch75 wrote:
    I just wanna be held!!!!

Re: the Crowes/Oasis show in Cincy....I guess that was the same year that PJ was supposed to play here. I wasn't listening to Oasis back then and shows were few & far between due to financial issues at the time....I woulda been pissed too. However, Riverbend is a great place to see a show, don't let it taint you too much.

it was while i was still in college... 2000-2001? it was a huge bummer, they were my 2 my fav bands at the time. plus, spacehog was opening for both. does it get any better than that?
    More on the fact that they try too hard to have a "cool" image though they come off looking and sounding like complete garbage. Havent heard anything from them for a very long time but from what I remember, they had awful lyrics.

I take it that you like Oasis. Now, I love them too, but lyrics to songs like Digsy's Diner are hardly Shakespearean.

Back on topic, my Buckcherry shuffle experience on the iPod rocked. Everyone should buy an iPod and the Buckcherry albums so they can do the same. That being said, I do not have the 2nd Buckcherry disc, so I need to pick that up.
    fanch75 wrote:
    I take it that you like Oasis. Now, I love them too, but lyrics to songs like Digsy's Diner are hardly Shakespearean.

Yeah just like all bands, they have their fair share of crap lyrics but at least they dont make lyrics that attempt to make them sound tough and cool.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

Come on now; Digsy's Diner was supposed to be silly. It'd be like criticizing Dirty Frank for being silly.

And again, Oasis does quite a bit of "I'm cool and I'm a badass" posturing. I'd say that they just ARE badasses, but nonetheless. It's also one of the things that I love about them - they simply are wha tthey are.

As far as Buckcherry being tough, I don't think "Check Your Head" is exactly them "being tough." Consider:

Check Your Head - Buckcherry

Jesse died today, I heard the news its safe
    Photographed nude at age 13
    And Nick was a friend of mine, he died before his time
    Dead on acid at age 18

Oh and you still bitch about your payments
    Its funny how your looks predict your statements

I dress in black today, it represents this phase I'm in
    And what it was i cant believe
    This stain glass that your hiding behind, its from a different life
    And what it was its still in your dreams, yeah, yeah

Oh and you still bitch about your payments