BuckCherry

scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
edited December 2007 in Other Music
Saw these guys in a shit bar here in Winnipeg on Sunday. Amazing fucking show. Great straight up rock and roll. If you have a chance, check them out. Singer reminds me of Scott Weiland (sp?), looks like a heroine addict. Drummer tears it up at 110% through the whole show, and they have two excellent guitarists who take turns at lead and rhythm (much like Mike and Stone).
Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    yeah, ive been really loving their first and last album lately. they played in one of the suburbs around here recently but i had no way of getting out there. it's a shame. id love to see them. they rock so much.
  • and yes im all lit up again..

is that still their biggest success? coz thats gotta be 7 years ago?

i remeber josh auditioing and maybe even gigging with the velvet revolver hacks before weiland came along..
    and yes im all lit up again..

is that still their biggest success? coz thats gotta be 7 years ago?

i remeber josh auditioing and maybe even gigging with the velvet revolver hacks before weiland came along..

crazy bitch
    for the movies

who's josh?
  • I love Buckcherry. They brought feel-good hard rock back to life. I think it's a fucking beautiful thing. I can't wait to see them on March 10th.
    I'll cut you in.
  • isnt the lead singer's name josh todd or something ?
    isnt the lead singer's name josh todd or something ?

i dont know, maybe?
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    My boyfriend is the guitar tech for this band. I personally think they suck! It's a running joke between the 2 of us...They will be the guest on Jay Leno this Friday night
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
    isnt the lead singer's name josh todd or something ?
    Joshua Todd- Used to be in the band Slamhound..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • yahamita wrote:
    My boyfriend is the guitar tech for this band. I personally think they suck! It's a running joke between the 2 of us...They will be the guest on Jay Leno this Friday night

Oh that's a funny one Lisa. :D
  • scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    yahamita wrote:

Really? He had the shitty experience of being in Winnipeg on the weekend then.
    scpjfan wrote:
    Really? He had the shitty experience of being in Winnipeg on the weekend then.
    HAHAHA!! All of Canada has been a drag for him. Lots and lots of snow! He says they must be crazy to tour Canada right now, all the Canadian bands headed south to the states because of the weather. They finished Canada Sunday, are back in the States for a few days, doing Letterman on Friday, then off to Europe..

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    Oh that's a funny one Lisa. :D
    hehehehee...Well, they do suck,and you know it! Steve is on his way here to see me! I just didn't get my "fill" when I visited 2 weeks ago before the Canada stint...Do you remember my post about the Grammys' when they were nominated? I just couldn't believe they were nominated for such a foul song!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • yahamita wrote:
    hehehehee...Well, they do suck,and you know it! Steve is on his way here to see me! I just didn't get my "fill" when I visited 2 weeks ago before the Canada stint...Do you remember my post about the Grammys' when they were nominated? I just couldn't believe they were nominated for such a foul song!

Well enjoy you ''fill'' or ''fix'' when you see steve. Yea they do suck. :D hehe
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    Lit Up and Dead Again were okay... always thought it sounded like a second rate Chris Robinson fronting a second rate GNR.
  • They're not the most talented band in the world, but they're certainly not the least talented either.
    They brought fun back to rock n' roll though...something that was sort of lost in the 90's. I have to commend them for that.
    I'll cut you in.
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    these guys suck. they have no real personality, they have a very generic stereotypical image of a rock band with attitude..nothing real..its boring
    Lit Up and Dead Again were okay... always thought it sounded like a second rate Chris Robinson fronting a second rate GNR.

since chris robinson can't quit fighting long enough to make another black crowes album and guns'n'roses imploded due to axl's elton john fetish, ill take what i can get.

im happy to hear a band that's not afraid to be inappropriate and kick some ass. im tired of that pansy-ass emo type shit we've been hearing, and even the mopey false-humility of grunge. it's nice now and again to throw on a band that's all about drinking and partying and the seamy side of life instead of whining about girls or their sad childhood. it's why i like oasis so much.
  • scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    it's nice now and again to throw on a band that's all about drinking and partying and the seamy side of life instead of whining about girls or their sad childhood.

Exact reason why I like them so much. No fucking around, just rocking out!
    Well enjoy you ''fill'' or ''fix'' when you see steve. Yea they do suck. :D hehe
    That would be MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yeah!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    saw these guys last sunday night, they put on a decent show, very energetic. . .there songwriting ability's leave something to be desired, but they rocked pretty hard. guy i work with is a big fan convinced me to go. . .remind me of a mix between black crowes and guns n roses
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    They're not the most talented band in the world, but they're certainly not the least talented either.
    They brought fun back to rock n' roll though...something that was sort of lost in the 90's. I have to commend them for that.

Did'nt Oasis do that?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    Just one question: Are Buckcherry and Hinder interchangeable or what?
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • As someone that grew up on 80s rock, has loved Buckcherry since the beginning, and has seen them live half a dozen times, I can tell you that in my opinion, they're one of the best live bands around. People may disagree with their lyrics or say they're not the most original band. Guess what? They're not the most original band in the world, but they don't claim to be either. They come from the same blues-based, guitar-oriented music that fans of Aerosmith, AC/DC, Guns N Roses and other bands like that will love. And Buckcherry does that kind of music very very well.

If you don't know a single one of their lyrics, you could still appreciate the energy and the vibe of their live shows. In my opinion, Josh is one of the better frontmen in rock today. He's all over the stage, and his voice is very distinctive and unique.

Just my two cents...
    Mesa 11/7/93 - Charlotte 10/4/96 - DC 6/14/98 - Raleigh 8/31/98 - Knoxville 9/6/98 - Columbia MD 9/18/98 - DC 9/19/98 - Columbia MD 9/4/00 - Phoenix 10/21/00 - Raleigh 4/15/03 - Phoenix 6/7/03 - Philadelphia 5/27&28/06 - DC 5/30/06 - Las Vegas 7/6/06 - San Diego 7/7/06 - LA 7/9&10/06 - Gorge 7/22&23/06 - Chicago 8/5/07 - PJ20 9/3&4/11 - Jacksonville 11/24/12 (EV) - Orlando 11/27/12 (EV) - Brooklyn 10/18&19/13 - Charlotte 10/30/13 - Memphis 10/14/14 - Ft Lauderdale 4/8/16 - Miami 4/9/16 - Jacksonville 4/13/16 - Hampton 4/18/16 - Chicago 8/20&22/16
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239

Amen to that one!!! Buckcherry is actually a 4th rate version of the Black Crowe!. Anyone who digs Buckcherry should go check out the Crowes...after one listen, you'll see just how vanilla Buckcherry really is muscially.
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,239
    since chris robinson can't quit fighting long enough to make another black crowes album and guns'n'roses imploded due to axl's elton john fetish, ill take what i can get.

im happy to hear a band that's not afraid to be inappropriate and kick some ass. im tired of that pansy-ass emo type shit we've been hearing, and even the mopey false-humility of grunge. it's nice now and again to throw on a band that's all about drinking and partying and the seamy side of life instead of whining about girls or their sad childhood. it's why i like oasis so much.

Chris Robinson can't quit fighting long enough??? Let's see...the Crowes are in the studio and planning to release a album in '07 actually. And Chris and the rest of the Crowes just got done touring for close to a year and a half (some mind blowing shows by the way). Sounds like he's pretty active to me.
    Chris Robinson can't quit fighting long enough??? Let's see...the Crowes are in the studio and planning to release a album in '07 actually. And Chris and the rest of the Crowes just got done touring for close to a year and a half (some mind blowing shows by the way). Sounds like he's pretty active to me.

and how long has it been since lions? how many times have they broken up, done solo albums, toured, fired keyboardists, had the guitarist quit? im glad they're doing new stuff. dont get me wrong, i love the crowes and like them better than buckcherry, but you never know how long it will be until the next crowes album and in the meantime you've got to find something to listen to. buckcherry fits that bill nicely. they're a fun band. nothing brilliant, but fun. id say the same about the crowes... they're not doing anything particularly groundbreaking, they're just a fun rock and roll band. so is buckcherry. so why the hate? cos they have a song called crazy bitch and that offends your pc-sensibilities cos it has the dreaded f-word and is about good sex? you're telling me the lyrics to stop kicking my heart around are a whole lot more impressive? cmon... they're both fun bands. there's nothing wrong with liking them both. by that ridiculous sentiment nobody should like pearl jam cos the who came first.
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Posts: 1,028
    and how long has it been since lions? how many times have they broken up, done solo albums, toured, fired keyboardists, had the guitarist quit? im glad they're doing new stuff. dont get me wrong, i love the crowes and like them better than buckcherry, but you never know how long it will be until the next crowes album and in the meantime you've got to find something to listen to. buckcherry fits that bill nicely. they're a fun band. nothing brilliant, but fun. id say the same about the crowes... they're not doing anything particularly groundbreaking, they're just a fun rock and roll band. so is buckcherry. so why the hate? cos they have a song called crazy bitch and that offends your pc-sensibilities cos it has the dreaded f-word and is about good sex? you're telling me the lyrics to stop kicking my heart around are a whole lot more impressive? cmon... they're both fun bands. there's nothing wrong with liking them both. by that ridiculous sentiment nobody should like pearl jam cos the who came first.
    the problem is ALL there songs are like that, i mean they could have just as easily been written by warrant, or poison, or motley crue. . .great bands have some substance to them, which buckcherry does not. like i said there show was decent and pretty energetic, but i cant see myself being a big fan
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
    the problem is ALL there songs are like that, i mean they could have just as easily been written by warrant, or poison, or motley crue. . .great bands have some substance to them, which buckcherry does not. like i said there show was decent and pretty energetic, but i cant see myself being a big fan

i dont WANT all my songs to have deep substance. sometimes i like to shut down my brooding, weighty depression and just have fun. seems like a lot of people around here take themselves and their music way more seriously than the emo kids they love to hate. does every song have to be about unrequited love or world peace or how much republicans suck to be worthy of a listen? i mean, i love that shit as much as the next guy, but we know all those things and sometimes it's nice to remember that our happiest memories are usually those senseless nights out at the bar partying it up with out friends.
  • BetterRadioBetterRadio Posts: 189
    I know watcha mean soulsinging. I mean if every song was like Present Tense, then that song wouldnt be as cool. I like to listen to NOFX, Citizen Fish, other punk stuff, just because its not deep and its fun. I hate, hate, hate buckcherry though. Buckcherry reminds me of hinder and most hinder fans are scyophant lame asses. And they like Nickelback. Ugh.
    They're gonna tell you where to walk
    When to smile and just what to say
    They say have your own fun...

Need vinyl, doggs.
    I know watcha mean soulsinging. I mean if every song was like Present Tense, then that song wouldnt be as cool. I like to listen to NOFX, Citizen Fish, other punk stuff, just because its not deep and its fun. I hate, hate, hate buckcherry though. Buckcherry reminds me of hinder and most hinder fans are scyophant lame asses. And they like Nickelback. Ugh.

i still dont know who this mysterious hinder is... they sound pretty bad. who likes nickelback? hinder or buckcherry? if buckcherry has said they like nickelback id be really sad...