New RHCP = CRAP!

TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
edited May 2007 in Other Music
So I was flipping around today on my music on demand channels and RHCP's new video came on for Humpy Humpy or whatever its called and I have to say, this is the worst RHCP song I've ever heard, I think Anthony and John need to go back to using heroin daily and mabey they'll make some good songs again!
9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    before the masses come and flame your thread... lemme be the first to say i completely agree 100%
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I'll agree that Hump de bump isn't one of my favorites off of stadium arcadium,but there are some great songs on that cd. They just aren't played on the radio and songs like: "wet sand, desicration smile, stadium arcadium, slow cheetah should be. wet sand is one of the best songs Red hot chili peppers have ever written and recorded.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    red mos wrote:
    I'll agree that Hump de bump isn't one of my favorites off of stadium arcadium,but there are some great songs on that cd. They just aren't played on the radio and songs like: "wet sand, desicration smile, stadium arcadium, slow cheetah should be. wet sand is one of the best songs Red hot chili peppers have ever written and recorded.
    +1
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • hodgehodge Posts: 519
    ew, as if they picked that song for a video

stadium arcadium has some really good songs on it
    ..and you will come to find that we are all one mind, capable of all that's imagined and all conceivable
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    its a fun song.. but shouldn't be a single. it would be like pearl jam releasing Bugs as a single for Vitalogy. just a bad choice.. a lot of that album is pretty damn amazing
    i cannot listen to the album..i dont know why they made it a double album... i just end up skipping through it and not enjoying it... there are probably 3 or 4 decent songs.. but its the really bad ones that make the album as a whole unlistenable
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
    There isn't a song I don't like on SA...to each their own, I guess...
    Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
    There isn't a song I don't like on SA...to each their own, I guess...

how keen are you on blood sugar?
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    how keen are you on blood sugar?
    BSSM is brilliant.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    October22 wrote:
    i will never understand why people still like them.

they've sucked for over 10 years now.

they are a just a california party band with no soul.

I'll admit that album wise the only albums on the whole that I like are BSSM and Blood sugar, other than that it's just the various singles on the radio. I thought their live show was fantastic. I think they have plenty of soul when they get up there and play together. They have fun like all bands do, and Flea and Fruscante's collaberating was excellent, and I like the fact that each member gets time in the spotlight to show off their skills. True, they have changed musically, but every band does as they get older and evolve. I've heard vocally Keidis is hit or miss, but he was dead on when we saw him in January, and they still bust out the old ones once in a while. Me and my friends was kick ass live. True their sets dont change hardly at all, but they are a band that has a stage show relying on vdeo screens like Tool. To each their own though I guess, I've gained alot more respect for RHCP after seeing them live though, I'll see them again the next time they come through here, and hopefully they won't be a miss, and it will be another good show.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Ali babaAli baba Posts: 36
    RHCP are NOT a rock band...

they are just like beyonce and all the other assholes

i love Flea, but the band is playing
    the same type of song fo the last 7 years

hump de bump?

wtf?
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Stadium Arcadium is a great album. There best album is Califronaicaton thats a classic. Bssm I feel is there 3rd best cd. I just dont get it there are so many good songs on SA really strong album, dunno why some RHCP fans dont like it.
  • Good in the '80s, and decent until Californication and everything after that. Everything since that CD has sounded like it's B-Sides and outtakes. Except for maybe "Readymade" and a couple other select tracks..
    Take a ride on the relationship:

http://www.myspace.com/unlockandunload
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    TheGossman wrote:
    So I was flipping around today on my music on demand channels and RHCP's new video came on for Humpy Humpy or whatever its called and I have to say, this is the worst RHCP song I've ever heard, I think Anthony and John need to go back to using heroin daily and mabey they'll make some good songs again!
    Completely agree. Stadium Arcadium has about 3 good songs on it. RHCP have completely lost it. A crying shame :(
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • magikevmagikev Posts: 296
    Maybe I'm in the very small minority here, but Hump de Bump is one of my favorite songs off of Stadium Arcadium. The drumming kicks ass, and well . . . it just kinda rocks. Saw them play it in LA with Marcel of the Mars Volta. Fucking kicked ass.
  • TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    magikev wrote:
    Maybe I'm in the very small minority here, but Hump de Bump is one of my favorite songs off of Stadium Arcadium. The drumming kicks ass, and well . . . it just kinda rocks. Saw them play it in LA with Marcel of the Mars Volta. Fucking kicked ass.

its not just the song, it was the video as well, it looked like they were trying way to hard, it looked like a rap video with girls shaking their asses throughout the entire thing, and Anthony had a fuckin grill on his teeth! I loved RHCP back in the day, but the last 2 albums just do nothing for me. They aren't the same band, thats for sure! Sellouts!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Man the chili peppers get shit on around here. I love Stadium Arcadium, but i do agree that hump de bump is not a great song.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • The Peppers haven't put out a good record since One Hot Minute.
  • PiCTuReKePTPiCTuReKePT Posts: 311
    their current music is just "meaningless".
  • JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
    I used to dislike Hump de bump too, but then I just realized you cant take it so seriously. Now I love the changes in that song. It's still better than 99% of all the otrher crap out there. And I do love SA from start to finish now also.

I also saw them live and could see how people complain that they are'nt how they used to be, but I loved the show because you can just tell that all those guys are like best friends, and that seems to add something to the music for me.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
    The Peppers haven't put out a good record since One Hot Minute.

Even though I like it, One Hot Minute is the worst album RHCP ever made. Dave Navarro is a great guitarist, but he just didn't fit the Peppers...

John is the fucking man...and so was Hillel.
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Even though I like it, One Hot Minute is the worst album RHCP ever made. Dave Navarro is a great guitarist, but he just didn't fit the Peppers...

Yeh i agree with everything u said.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    TheGossman wrote:

just buy the album. Do yourself a favor.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."

One Hot Minute is a great album.... its not as good as californication but better than By the way and miles ahead of SA
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
    bharQ wrote:
    One Hot Minute is a great album.... its not as good as californication but better than By the way and miles ahead of SA

I disagree...but that's ok.

Personally, I like SA better than BSSM, so I guess I am insane...
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I thought Stadium Arcadium was amazing, and I thought they put on a great show in Champaign, IL back in March.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • xSmackSoundxxSmackSoundx Posts: 479
    It's the worst song on the CD, but still good
  • I've never really been a fan of the Pepper's music pre-BSSM (with one or two exceptions).

I enjoyed BSSM, but I've never gotten into it like most Peppers fans have. It's one of the few records where I enjoy the singles much more than the rest of the album. Under the Bridge, Breaking the Girl, Suck My Kiss, Give it Away...great tunes.

One Hot Minute - like others have previously stated, isn't so great. A couple of good songs, but...

Californication was brilliant. I don't care if it sold 100 million copies to 10 year old girls...the music speaks for itself.

By The Way was like RHCP's Binaural. It had some of the best songs they'd ever written on an otherwise subpar album. Like 3/4 subpar in this case.

Stadium Arcadium is a terrific record. Again, some of the best stuff they've written, a few poor songs that I prefer to skip over, but even some of the "bad" songs aren't so terrible once given a chance to grow on you. Specifically, "Hump de Bump," which was absolutely unbearable to me when the album came out, quickly became my wife's favorite song on the album and has grown on me since. Is it one of my favorite songs? FUCK NO! And I still like to skip it myself, but when it comes on and my wife gets into it, it's just fun to go with it!

I've always felt like RHCP were a hit or miss band when it came to my tastes...they've had some great songs in an otherwise iffy catalog, but for me, they've done more right than wrong since Californication.
    <a href="http://www.shawnsmithsinger.com">Shawn Smith</a> / <a href="http://www.thebandbrad.com">Brad</a&gt; / <a href="http://www.allhailthecrown.com">All Hail the Crown</a> / <a href="http://www.satchelpartnership.com">Satchel</a&gt;

(Shawn Smith's official website, but not Thee Shawn Smith)
  • DanimalDanimal Posts: 2,000
    RHCPs have gone down the same road as Aerosmith.

As simple as that.
    "I don't believe in PJ fans but I believe there is something, not too sure what." - Thoughts_Arrive

• Evensolo05Evensolo05 Posts: 118
    I've seen the Chilli's 3 times now (1) Slane Castle (2) Phoenix Park (3) Oxegen. They rocked at Slane, anyone there could tell you this, watch the DVD. At Phoenix Park they played after The Pixies who blew them out of the water. By the time I seen them at Oxegen last year, closing set on the Sunday I had enough and went to see Sigus Ros instead.

They have such an exstensive backcatalogue and only played songs from Californication, By The Way and maybe 3 or 4 from BSSM. I know its hard to recreate some of the magic of their early days, Mothers Milk etc. and I am one of the few people who like One Hot Minute and this album is totally ignored. It seems now that they just play the songs that John has played on.
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring