bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Fuck you Sting and the other idiots

reedonkulous
Don't Believe Everything You Think
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    $237.65 here in Seattle. They must like us marginally better. Absurd either way.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Posts: 4,154
    Does the ticket price include tantric sex with Sting after the show?

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    bostonlou wrote:

reedonkulous
    Wow, that's way too much. Here in the Netherlands tickets are 90 euros ~110 dollars each
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • call the police - that's fucking highway robbery.

they weren't even worth 1/4 of that when they were popular.
    Take your stinkin’ hands off me, you damn dirty ape
  • crittablescrittables Posts: 342
    and that's cheap. striesand charges twice as much...and people actually pay it!!!

http://www.ticketsnow.com/TicketsList.aspx?PID=497255
  • rockfordrockford Posts: 151
    I just bought a pair in Seattle for $100 (face was $208)...

I think you can do pretty well by waiting and cashing in on buyer's remorse. :-)
    rock musik rockar röv.
  • THCTHC Posts: 525
    “Kept in a small bowl, the goldfish will remain small. With more space, the fish can grow double, triple, or quadruple its size.”
    -Big Fish
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
    That is way too much for me to pay for anyone, but then again, they are getting it, so who are the stupid ones?

I saw this today and cracked up.... Gotta love his honesty.

Police drummer rips band's "lame" concert

By Dean GoodmanFri Jun 1, 3:56 AM ET

The singer in the Police jumps like a "petulant pansy," the drummer is making a "complete hash," and who knows what the guitarist is doing?

Notes from a bitter critic? Actually, it's a disarmingly frank concert review from the aforementioned drummer of the newly reunited rock trio.

A philosophical Stewart Copeland unleashed his vitriol in a posting on his Web site on Thursday, a day after the band played its second show in Vancouver, the Canadian city where it began its first world tour in more than 20 years on Monday.

"This is unbelievably lame," Copeland wrote of Wednesday's show at the GM Place arena. "We are the mighty Police and we are totally at sea."

Most of the 20,000 fans at the venue might not have noticed a series of small flubs, but Copeland, singer/bassist Sting, and guitarist were painfully aware of them.

Copeland started the show off on the wrong foot, literally. He tripped as he took to the stage, and then banged his gong at the wrong time so that "the big pompous opening to the show is a damp squib."

He did not hear Summers' opening riff to "Message In a Bottle," and Sting in turn misheard Copeland's drum intro -- "so we are half a bar out of sync with each other. Andy is in Idaho."

They quickly recovered, but then Sting got his footwork wrong as he leapt into the air to signal the end to a shambolic version of their rat-race rant "Synchronicity II."

"The mighty Sting momentarily looks like a petulant pansy instead of the god of rock," Copeland reported.

"And so it goes, for song after song," he wrote, with tunes such as "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" and "Don't Stand So Close To Me" reduced to ruin.

"It usually takes about four or five shows in a tour before you get to the disaster gig. But we're The Police so we are a little ahead of schedule," he said.

Fortunately, no fists flew backstage as they did back in the Police's heyday. The threesome fell into each other's arms laughing hysterically, Copeland said.

"Screw it, it's only music. What are you gonna do? But maybe it's time to get out of Vancouver."

The band's next show is set for Saturday in Edmonton.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20070601/en_nm/police1_dc;_ylt=AuRMgPaX6vN5XKqshhN8PbADW7oF
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • qtegirlqtegirl Posts: 321
    I wouldn't pay that much money for anyone's show. I hope PJ never becomes like that.

I mean, it would be over $500 for my husband and I and what do we get???

If it was a package with dinner for two, a hotel room and tickets to the show.... maybe... but then again, it would have to be a better band that the Police.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    i paid 250 to see PJ at the borgata in AC after it sold out in 10 seconds. worth every penny.

but i wouldnt pay $35 to see the police rip off 20,000 people. what a joke.
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    there are people in the 35-40 yrs range who worshipped The Police back in the day, and some of those people have lucrative jobs now. these tickets are aimed at those people, not the college kid waiting for loans to come in who couldnt care less about The Police.

whether or not you want to believe it, PJ prices will easily be in the $100-200US range by the time the majority of its fan base hits 35...if we're fortunate enough to still have them around. theyre getting close all ready.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • bostonlou wrote:

reedonkulous

were they even good seats?
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    lowlight10 wrote:
    there are people in the 35-40 yrs range who worshipped The Police back in the day, and some of those people have lucrative jobs now. these tickets are aimed at those people, not the college kid waiting for loans to come in who couldnt care less about The Police.

whether or not you want to believe it, PJ prices will easily be in the $100-200US range by the time the majority of its fan base hits 35...if we're fortunate enough to still have them around. theyre getting close all ready.

exactly....why is this so hard to understand.....
  • jezebeloriajezebeloria Posts: 600
    lowlight10 wrote:

I would be willing to guess the majority of their fanbase is already pretty close to 35. Somehow I don't believe this band will ever price their tickets like that. Suprisingly enough the Dylan tickets I looked at were only priced at $80 for the best seats. He could definitely get more than that.
    PJ FANS ROCK!!!

Finally got that "One for the Thumb"!!! Got the "Six Pack". Now we're on a "Stairway to Seven"

Some words when spoken...can't be taken back.

"Seeing a brick wall straight ahead and stepping on the gas." Eddie...Pittsburgh 6/23/06
  • lowlight10 wrote:

nooooooo, not the Pearl Jam. they would never,ever think of charging
    their faithful fans that much just to come see them play.

wait for it.
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I would be willing to guess the majority of their fanbase is already pretty close to 35. Somehow I don't believe this band will ever price their tickets like that. Suprisingly enough the Dylan tickets I looked at were only priced at $80 for the best seats. He could definitely get more than that.

and he usually does, I don't know what concert your speaking of, but his better tickets are usually in the same range as the aformentioned Police tickets

and as for the Police, they also had tickets at the 50$ and 90$ levels. Even 250$ is not that outrageous for the best seats of a band of their statute who haven't toured in 20 years. I was happy as hell to fork over 90$ for mid-level seats, and if you think its ridiculous, don't fucking but them, Jeez. you people just love to hear yourself bitch about self righteous bullshit.
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    for most shows, there is a more money friendly scale ( obviously the cheaper ticks go firstly )

ranging from 50 dollars , to 100 dollars, to 225 , up to 350 .

these guys are obviously making up for lost time, and capitalizing on the fans and casual album- buyers.

then they keep adding shows to this tour, which seems like it will never end.

For instance : 2 shows at MSG in August , then another round in October. go figure .

tickets are still available for AC also.

:)
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    Brainofdz wrote:
    and he usually does, I don't know what concert your speaking of, but his better tickets are usually in the same range as the aformentioned Police tickets

Dylan has charged $250 for 1 ticket before? I don't think so!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Brainofdz wrote:

and as for the Police, they also had tickets at the 50$ and 90$ levels. Even 250$ is not that outrageous for the best seats of a band of their statute who haven't toured in 20 years. I was happy as hell to fork over 90$ for mid-level seats, and if you think its ridiculous, don't fucking but them, Jeez. you people just love to hear yourself bitch about self righteous bullshit.

fuck yeah!!!!
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    augustwest wrote:
    Dylan has charged $250 for 1 ticket before? I don't think so!
    Ya it was like 85 CDN when he played here with the Foos.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    Springsteen :

all tickets , 1 price .
    very first row, or very last row . purely luck of the draw,....

oh and dont think abouyt scalping, you need to present ID and credit card used for purchase- then you are either: 1 ) given a non- removable bracelet for you and your friend that must stay intact to enter , or 2 ) you are immediately shuffled into the venue to attend the show.
    platessmall.jpg
    Bathgate66 wrote:
    Springsteen :

all tickets , 1 price .
    very first row, or very last row . purely luck of the draw,....

oh and dont think abouyt scalping, you need to present ID and credit card used for purchase- then you are either: 1 ) given a non- removable bracelet for you and your friend that must stay intact to enter , or 2 ) you are immediately shuffled into the venue to attend the show.

Last time broooce and the Estreet showed up he charged me $125 for a GA floor ticket(list price)

He is far from being a saint. IMHO
    Ya it was like 85 CDN when he played here with the Foos.

Agreed!

I've seen Dylan countless times and never has it ever come close to the $200 mark...even in a small club that holds 800 people!!!
  • HartydogHartydog Posts: 2,060
    The funny thing is my buddy heard that if the Police didn't go on tour PJ was going to play Fenway this summer. doh!
    Boston 9-28-04, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-17-10, 8-5-16, 8-7-16, 9-2-18, 9-4-18
    Hartford 5-13-06, 6-27-08, 10-25-13
    Mansfield, MA 6-30-08, 6-28-08, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 9-15-98, 9-16-98
    Worcester 10-15-13, 10-16-13
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    augustwest wrote:
    Last time broooce and the Estreet showed up he charged me $125 for a GA floor ticket(list price)

i paid 80 bucks for a seat in the upper deck at giant stadium when bruce toured in 03. worth every penny
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

augustwest wrote:

for the rising ? ( * NOT The Seeger Sessions Band )

:confused:

all ticks were 75 bucks from what i remember , could be wrong tho .
    GA always has a seperate set of rules - i wouldnt go down there on the floor unless i was very close and i was assured a seat . leave to take a piss and you lose your spot ? F that,...

i know for Devils and Dust, there was no " GA " but seating all the way up to the stage.
    platessmall.jpg
  • TrixieCatTrixieCat Posts: 5,756
    Does the ticket price include tantric sex with Sting after the show?

PBM
    I am so there.

To show my age I will tell everyone that I saw them back in 85 when REM opened for them in Hartford, I think. It was amazing.
    Cause I'm broken when I'm lonesome
    And I don't feel right when you're gone away
    TrixieCat wrote:
    I am so there.

To show my age I will tell everyone that I saw them back in 85 when REM opened for them in Hartford, I think. It was amazing.

not sure,

but i think thius was the same bill for shea stadium, one of their last shows together back in the day.
    platessmall.jpg
  • TrixieCat wrote:
    I am so there.

if you really want to show your age you could put up pictures
    of your boobies. You know, the ones you flashed for Sting back in '85.
  • ladygooddivaladygooddiva Posts: 4,169
    wow that´s really expensive ...i would only pay that for pearl jam