The Killers (PJ related)

2»

Comments

• its_okits_ok Posts: 200
    They just sound too radio friendly for me...you hear a song the first time, and you think its sounds great, but after listening to the song a couple of times, it gets boring.

Someone mentioned that they had an epic sound, I think theyre kinda as far as you can get from epic. There are worse bands though...and dont meen to offend anyone, just my opinion.
    PJ
    2000 Roskilde, 2006 Barcelona, 2007 London, Copenhagen, 2008 New York 1, New York 2, 2009 Berlin, 2010 Dublin, Belfast, 2012 Amsterdam 1, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, 2013 Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014 Milan, Trieste, Berlin, Stockholm, Milton Keynes

EV
    2012 Manchester, London 1, London 2
  • IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    its_ok wrote:
    They just sound too radio friendly for me...you hear a song the first time, and you think its sounds great, but after listening to the song a couple of times, it gets boring.

Someone mentioned that they had an epic sound, I think theyre kinda as far as you can get from epic. There are worse bands though...and dont meen to offend anyone, just my opinion.

I agree with this assessment of them..there is nothing remotely exciting about them...while they might not be terrible, they are completely forgettable..there are bands out there that do that post-punk sound waaaaay better than the killers do. Killers are an adult contemporary version of Interpol in my eyes. The Killers cover of shadowplay was horrible IMO, as is most of their music. As derivative and uninventive as a band that's out there today.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Thought Hot Fuss has some solid songs but Sams Town was total crap. They have grown quite stale for me because they are easily one of the most overplayed bands of the last few years. I still have yet to check out that Sawdust collection but the Shadowplay cover was quality. Saw them once on Austin City Limits and thought they seemed pretty poor live.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Igottago wrote:
    I agree with this assessment of them..there is nothing remotely exciting about them...while they might not be terrible, they are completely forgettable..there are bands out there that do that post-punk sound waaaaay better than the killers do. Killers are an adult contemporary version of Interpol in my eyes. The Killers cover of shadowplay was horrible IMO, as is most of their music. As derivative and uninventive as a band that's out there today.

They are derivative (as most bands are) but still 'smile like you mean it' is a pretty good derived song.
  • hot fuss rox!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    Cant see the P.J relate but I think The Killers are a great band.The only decent band to come out of America for a while now.The have been fantastic every time I have seen them live.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”