Auto-Save Draft feature temporarily disabled. Please be sure you manually save your post by selecting "Save Draft" if you have that need.

My Grammy Prediction

Curly JoeCurly Joe Posts: 66
edited December 2007 in The Porch
If Ed accepts the invitation and shows up for the awards ceremony, he wins. If he declines the invitation, they'll give it to somebody else.
motel money murder madness
Post edited by Unknown User on
«1

Comments

  • One other thing:

    They should have nominated "Society".
    motel money murder madness
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,722
    Curly Joe wrote:
    One other thing:

    They should have nominated "Society".
    But the award is for best WRITTEN song.. Society was not written by Ed.
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    Curly Joe wrote:
    If Ed accepts the invitation and shows up for the awards ceremony, he wins. If he declines the invitation, they'll give it to somebody else.

    They're not "supposed" to know of the winners until opening the envelope.

    I think he goes and gives a half apologetic half defiant speech.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Curly Joe wrote:
    One other thing:

    They should have nominated "Society".

    that's exactly what i thought when i read ed was nominated, i kinda like that song better

    edit: i didn't know ed didn't write the song, who's jerry hannan...oh well
    "We're heavily Hemingway inspired." -ed
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,722
    that's exactly what i thought when i read ed was nominated, i kinda like that song better
    But then the award wouldn't go to Ed. Ed did not write Society.
  • ClariceClarice Posts: 256
    Curly Joe wrote:
    If Ed accepts the invitation and shows up for the awards ceremony, he wins. If he declines the invitation, they'll give it to somebody else.

    I hope he declines. He doesn´t need things like this. For what?
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,722
    I hope he declines. He doesn´t need things like this. For what?
    If you wrote a song, and a bunch of people told you it was the best thing they heard all year and wanted to egknowledge it, tell me you wouldn't accept?
  • But the award is for best WRITTEN song.. Society was not written by Ed.

    So nominate the guy who wrote it.
    motel money murder madness
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,722
    Curly Joe wrote:
    So nominate the guy who wrote it.
    But the song was not written for Into the Wild.. the category is best song WRITTEN FOR a motion picture. :p
  • ONCE AGAIN EVERYONE, THIS AWARD IS NOT PRESENTED DURING THE TELECAST YOU SEE ON TV. SO IT MATTERS EVEN LESS IF HE SHOWS UP BECAUSE THEY ARE GIVEN OUT IN A PRIVATE CEREMONY BEFORE THE BROADCAST.

    YOU WILL NOT SEE OR HEAR HIS NAME MENTIONED UNLESS HE WINS.

    IF HE WINS, IT WILL LITERALLY ONLY BE ABOUT A 2-SECOND BLIP GOING INTO A COMMERCIAL.

    BECAUSE OF THIS WE WILL KNOW IF HE WON BEFORE THE SHOW COMES ON SO WE DON'T HAVE TO TORTURE OURSELVES WITH WHAT THE GRAMMYS HAVE TURNED INTO.


    Sorry, I didn't intend for all of this to be in caps but I was too lazy to fix it. :D
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    winning
    is not
    everything
    it
    is the
    only
    thing
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

    "Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • But the song was not written for Into the Wild.. the category is best song WRITTEN FOR a motion picture. :p

    Would you shut up already.
    motel money murder madness
  • ONCE AGAIN EVERYONE, THIS AWARD IS NOT PRESENTED DURING THE TELECAST YOU SEE ON TV. SO IT MATTERS EVEN LESS IF HE SHOWS UP BECAUSE THEY ARE GIVEN OUT IN A PRIVATE CEREMONY BEFORE THE BROADCAST.

    YOU WILL NOT SEE OR HEAR HIS NAME MENTIONED UNLESS HE WINS.

    IF HE WINS, IT WILL LITERALLY ONLY BE ABOUT A 2-SECOND BLIP GOING INTO A COMMERCIAL.

    BECAUSE OF THIS WE WILL KNOW IF HE WON BEFORE THE SHOW COMES ON SO WE DON'T HAVE TO TORTURE OURSELVES WITH WHAT THE GRAMMYS HAVE TURNED INTO.


    Sorry, I didn't intend for all of this to be in caps but I was too lazy to fix it. :D

    You too.
    motel money murder madness
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,722
    Curly Joe wrote:
    Would you shut up already.
    Yeah, I hate being SOOO right!
  • If Ed wins, he'll sport a chub onstage whilst talking about his own manlove for Sean Penn.

    I kinda don't wanna see that.
  • CitizenRickCitizenRick Posts: 1,079
    ONCE AGAIN EVERYONE, THIS AWARD IS NOT PRESENTED DURING THE TELECAST YOU SEE ON TV. SO IT MATTERS EVEN LESS IF HE SHOWS UP BECAUSE THEY ARE GIVEN OUT IN A PRIVATE CEREMONY BEFORE THE BROADCAST.

    YOU WILL NOT SEE OR HEAR HIS NAME MENTIONED UNLESS HE WINS.

    IF HE WINS, IT WILL LITERALLY ONLY BE ABOUT A 2-SECOND BLIP GOING INTO A COMMERCIAL.

    BECAUSE OF THIS WE WILL KNOW IF HE WON BEFORE THE SHOW COMES ON SO WE DON'T HAVE TO TORTURE OURSELVES WITH WHAT THE GRAMMYS HAVE TURNED INTO.


    Sorry, I didn't intend for all of this to be in caps but I was too lazy to fix it. :D

    Once again...if this is true it sucks real bad!

    I would have liked to have seen what he would say on the stand.
    "Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse...of my innocense, got back my inner sence, baby got it...still got it"
  • Yeah, I hate being SOOO right!

    You'll have to excuse me.. The extent of my grammy knowledge comes from that Simpsons episode where Homer forms a barber shop quartet.

    The fact that you know so much about the grammys just proves what a sellout you are.

    Personally, I don't know what the grammys mean. I don't think they mean anything. That's just how I feel. My dad would like them.
    motel money murder madness
  • We're not in the 90's anymore.
    Think Eddie is a lot more mature now...
    Why do people think he'd do the same as he did back in the day? :confused:
    I can't see him doing the same again...
    "I surfaced and all of my being was enlightened"
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,211
    after the shit he pulled last time they let him onstage, hell will freeze over before the grammies ever give ed another award and a microphone.
  • While everyone remembers the last Grammy speech, I'm pretty sure all the "industry" types also have taken note of his extremely proper speeches at the RockNRoll HOF. 3 times now.

    I'm sure that since these songs are directly tied to the movie, and to an emotional true story, that any speech would touch mostly on Chris McCandess.

    Although, if he likes, he could also speak on how great his songwriting is.


    cheers
  • Once again...if this is true it sucks real bad!

    I would have liked to have seen what he would say on the stand.


    I would too, but the Grammys have gradually shifted into a performance-fest and cut back drastically on what awards they give out on the air.

    The most recent year I could find the numbers on was 2005, where 95 out of 107 awards were given out before the show and they had 18 on-air performances.

    So that's 12 awards and 18 performances during the show.

    And the "Best Original Song from a Motion Picture" or whatever it's called has been cut for a few years now.
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,722
    Curly Joe wrote:
    You'll have to excuse me.. The extent of my grammy knowledge comes from that Simpsons episode where Homer forms a barber shop quartet.

    The fact that you know so much about the grammys just proves what a sellout you are.

    Personally, I don't know what the grammys mean. I don't think they mean anything. That's just how I feel. My dad would like them.
    Oh, I don't watch the grammys nor do I understand how they pick the winners, but there's one thing I do know, and thats how to read. :p
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,753
    But the song was not written for Into the Wild.. the category is best song WRITTEN FOR a motion picture. :p
    actually it was.
    It's even on the Oscar shortlist for ITW (they have the same criteria) .

    so you're wrong :p

    don't care, I'm not a big fan of that song (it's ok but most of the lyrics are pretty nonsensical/look-how-clever-I-try-to-be)
  • ucsbucsb Posts: 58
    Curly Joe wrote:
    If Ed accepts the invitation and shows up for the awards ceremony, he wins. If he declines the invitation, they'll give it to somebody else.


    Chris Cornell is also nominated (For the James Bond song) in the same category as Ed. I think he will win.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    If Ed wins, he'll sport a chub onstage whilst talking about his own manlove for Sean Penn.

    I kinda don't wanna see that.
    classic

    He won't win; they'll give it to that stupid movie song from Dreamgirls
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • brandon10brandon10 Posts: 1,114
    Fuck the Grammys!! They are lame. Now an Oscar would be exciting! I think everyone who gets nominated performs their song live. So ya....fuck the Grammys.
  • Oh, I don't watch the grammys nor do I understand how they pick the winners, but there's one thing I do know, and thats how to read. :p

    Are you a chick or a dude?
    motel money murder madness
  • brandon10 wrote:
    Fuck the Grammys!! They are lame. Now an Oscar would be exciting! I think everyone who gets nominated performs their song live. So ya....fuck the Grammys.

    Is there any chance of a song from Into the Wild winning an Oscar?
    That would be cool.
    motel money murder madness
  • bdgavinbdgavin Posts: 123
    I think Ed will take the Grammy but Once will take the Oscars.
  • i predicted this song to be nominated for an oscar, so i really hope that this nomination is just the first of many. not because i want ed to be successful, i just like always being right.... muahahahah
    jk
    good luck ed.... and please show up
Sign In or Register to comment.