GN'R Cancel Another Show

rizzdaddyrizzdaddy Posts: 262
edited December 2006 in Other Music
11-29-06 Milwaukee, WI - Bradley Center

No info has really came out as to why yet that I can find.
Probably not enough tickets sold and Axl didn't want to look like a dumb ass.

Axl kicked one of the openers off after the first show they did 'The Eagles Of Death Metal' who left the stage to virtually no applause. When GN'R came out at the show axl said "So how'd you like the Pigeons of Shit Metal? Don't worry, that's the last show they're playing with us"

So that whole thing might have something to do with the cancellation also?
08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• normnorm Posts: 31,146
    And this surprises you?
  • direwolf74direwolf74 Posts: 1,622
    Axl is such a douchebag. You couldn't pay me enough to go see him and his Gn'R cover band. If Chinese Democracy ever sees the light of day (not likely), I hope it tanks.
    "I try my best to chug, stomp, weep, whisper, moan, wheeze, scat, blurt, rage, whine, and seduce. With my voice I can sound like a girl, the boogieman, a Theremin, a cherry bomb, a clown, a doctor, a murderer. I can be tribal. Ironic. Or disturbed. My voice is really my instrument."

-Tom Waits
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    wow axl is sooooo rock n roll. what a washed up prick

edit-cause i spelled the pricks name wrong
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    wow axl is sooooo rock n roll. what a washed up prick

edit-cause i spelled the pricks name wrong

Hey man, you show that prick some respect, if you don't it won't treat you good either...

Oh wait, I was talking about something different altogether...

Axl sucks.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Wow it was really hard to find info about why it was cancelled, I just looked at their official site.

WEDNESDAY NIGHT'S GUNS N' ROSES SHOW IN MILWAUKEE, WISCONSIN IS CANCELLED

The Guns N' Roses concert scheduled for Milwaukee's Bradley Center on November 29 has been cancelled due to illness. Guns N' Roses front man Axl Rose is suffering from an ear infection and strep throat.

Rose was first diagnosed with the ear infection on the 20th of November in Halifax, Nova Scotia. He was seen again by a doctor last night following the band's show in Chicago and ordered to rest for a few days.

The tour will continue as scheduled Friday night in Ames, Iowa at Hilton Coliseum.

Axl Rose commented, "We had a great show in Chicago tonight and had hoped to do a surprise acoustic show afterwards. I have been fighting this off for a long time but the doctor told me tonight that the only way not to jeopardise the balance of the tour is immediate rest. We will now have 3 days off before continuing Friday. We are sorry to miss the fans in Milwaukee."

Ticket refunds are available at point-of-purchase locations.
    rizzdaddy wrote:

So that whole thing might have something to do with the cancellation also?

Eagles have nothing to do with why the show was cancelled, they've been off the tour for a few days. I don't really care if you guys hate Axl but you guys sure seem pathetic wasting your time writing about how much you hate someone.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I am hoping for a group outing to the show in L.A. on 12/20 for my birthday.....as someone who has followed the career of Mr. Rose, I know to have a realistic Plan B!.....not a knock on Axel...just being realistic!
  • edigerediger Posts: 308
    Eagles Of Death Metal are 1000 times better than the crap Axl has thrown together. GN'R and their fans who apparently ignored EODM should pull their heads out of their asses
    Hello, I love you. Won't you tell me your name?
  • tnt358tnt358 Posts: 72
    axl sucks

love guns and roses but gnr is so much more than this asshole and his cover band
  • direwolf74 wrote:
    Axl is such a douchebag. You couldn't pay me enough to go see him and his Gn'R cover band. If Chinese Democracy ever sees the light of day (not likely), I hope it tanks.

My sentiments exactly.
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • I have read he doesnt start the show for 2 hours after the opening band is finished either...
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    november ends tomorrow.......wasn't there supposed to be a new record this month?
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Jammin909 wrote:
    I have read he doesnt start the show for 2 hours after the opening band is finished either...

when I saw gnr a few weeks ago, he started 35 minutes after sebastian bach left the stage. they played for over 2 hours, i don't know i had to leave by 1:10 a.m. and they were still playing. began at 11:05 p.m.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    "So how'd you like the Pigeons of Shit Metal?"

My money's on Joshua Homme, thank you verry much.

Hey Axl, the 80s called. They want their douchebag back.
  • DCGARDENDCGARDEN Posts: 515
    The guy's probably legit sick, but it's hard to defend it because of all of the other times he's fucked up - We'll see if they finish this tour or not - I'd lean towards yes, but something like this probably only delays his album even further
    I'll keep taking punches
    Untill their will grows tired
  • floyd1975floyd1975 Posts: 1,350
    ediger wrote:
    Eagles Of Death Metal are 1000 times better than the crap Axl has thrown together. GN'R and their fans who apparently ignored EODM should pull their heads out of their asses

There was no ignoring going on. People were actively booing. It was way too big of a place for them. Axl put on a good show that night though.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    zstillings wrote:
    There was no ignoring going on. People were actively booing. It was way too big of a place for them. Axl put on a good show that night though.

It couldn't have been worse than Papa Roach opening for them when I went to the show in NJ. God, they were terrible.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • pjfan020pjfan020 Posts: 426
    josh homme is the man. i've never really listened to eagles of death metal but for a band to publicly shit on one of their opening acts is ridiculous. Especially coming from an arrogant piece of shit like axl rose. I wish he would just go away already.
    "Tonight we're just gonna play you some good old American Rock and Roll." tom petty-7-15-05
  • mdigenakismdigenakis Posts: 1,337
    because this current band sucks bawls!!! (as the kids say)
    "Don't let the darkness eat you up..."

-Greg Dulli

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    I am not sure which I love to watch fail more, Axl Rose or The Yankees.
  • direwolf74 wrote:

^^^

btw, old fogey hair metal fans don't jive with a hip band like the EODM. Neil Young himself might get booed off. Hair metal fans have notoriously the worst taste in music history.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    ^^^

btw, old fogey hair metal fans don't jive with a hip band like the EODM. Neil Young himself might get booed off. Hair metal fans have notoriously the worst taste in music history.

I love hair metal for the sheer and shiney dumbness!...a friend and I go see poison every time they tour just for the fun of it!...I would more question someone who likes Richard Marx, Quarterflash, Michael McDonald and other "non-catagorizable" bands!
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    somehow this news is not shocking.
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • angryyoungmanangryyoungman Medford, NY Posts: 1,028
    direwolf74 wrote:
    ill second that
    i have wished for so long, how i wish for you today
    JEFFREY ROSS ROGERS 1975-2002

9.10.98 NYC / 8.23.00 JONES BEACH /4.30.03 UNIONDALE / 7.9.03 NYC /5.12.06 ALBANY/ 6.1.06 E.RUTHEFORD/ 6.3.06 E. RUTHEFORD/ CAMDEN 6.19.08/ NYC 6.24.08/ NYC 6.25.08/ HARTFORD 6.27.08/ CHICAGO 8.24.09/ PHILLY 10.31.09/ HARTFORD 5.15.10/ NEWARK 5.18.10/ NYC 5.20.10/ CHICAGO 7.19.13/ BROOKLYN 10.18.13/ BROOKLYN 10.19.13/ HARTFORD 10.25.13/ NYC 9.26.15/ 4.8.16 FT. LAUDERDALE/ 4.9.16 MIAMI / 5.1.16 NYC/ 5.2.16 NYC / 8.5.16 BOSTON / 8.7.16 BOSTON/ 8.20.18 CHICAGO/ 9.2.18 BOSTON/ 9.4.18 BOSTON/ 9.18.21 ASBURY PARK

finally, FUCK TICKETMASTER
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    enharmonic wrote:
    "So how'd you like the Pigeons of Shit Metal?"

My money's on Joshua Homme, thank you verry much.

Hey Axl, the 80s called. They want their douchebag back.
    haha!
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • ^^^

I totally disagree with that. 95% of the new bands that have came out in the last couple years are shit...Axl is a dbag for ripping a band that he could have listened to before the tour and not had open in the first place...But I can almost bet that they are shit metal.
    08-19-08 (Riverside Theater) Vedder(Solo) Milwaukee, WI
    07-02-11 (Orpheum Theatre) Vedder(Solo) Minneapolis, MN
    This is seriously sad how much attention people are giving this, they played one show and weren't a good match, who cares, get on with your lives. Also I'd like to add that Helmet have replaced EODM and I'm way happier about seeing them.
  • gillisgillis Posts: 17
    I saw them in Halifax a couple weeks ago on a monday , he started 1/2 hour after last band it was close to midnight played til about 2:30 , got home at 6am just in time to shut the alarm off and head to work . Wouldn't do it again , now if it were PJ it would be a different story
    PJ
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356
    gillis wrote:
    I saw them in Halifax a couple weeks ago on a monday , he started 1/2 hour after last band it was close to midnight played til about 2:30 , got home at 6am just in time to shut the alarm off and head to work . Wouldn't do it again , now if it were PJ it would be a different story

Well, it's a good thing they wouldn't let you smoke if you were going to go straight to work, now wasn't it?
    hippiemom = goodness