Options

Binaural is a fuckin' masterpiece...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Parting Ways sounds stunning LOUD.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Options
    seems someone was inspired by my thread!

cool!! the more love for BINAURAL the better!!!
  • Options
    pkh43pkh43 Posts: 253
    yes it is. it's in my top 2 albums by them. the other being NO CODE.
  • Options
    Just listening to Grievance very loud right now.....

man, this album is just sex for the ears.....

i agree. definitely takes me out of my primary world, if that makes sense.
    ...........MemorieslikestatuesthroughthemIdriveliketreesonthesidesidewalksmoretreesevenstopsignS
  • Options
    falconfalcon Posts: 163
    I had to bump this thread because for the last month I have been unable to remove this album from my stereo.
    Please, Ed, play Soon Forget and Light Years (if you can do it on your own somehow) every night on your tour. Thanks
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • Options
    webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    Totally agree that Binaural is a masterpiece. But there are 2 or 3 below-standard songs on there that stop it from being absolutely mesmerising from end to end.

EDIT: and there were a couple of great songs that UNTHINKABLY only made it onto Lost Dogs
  • Options
    rival.rival. Chicago Posts: 7,776
    yes yes yes.

too bad they forgot to play any song from this album live this past tour.

what that shit?????????
  • Options
    falconfalcon Posts: 163
    webberf1 wrote:
    Totally agree that Binaural is a masterpiece. But there are 2 or 3 below-standard songs on there that stop it from being absolutely mesmerising from end to end.

Maybe I look too deeply into these things, but throwing in 1 or 2 lower standard songs as a sacrifice makes the other songs seem that much better. Binaural, however, does not have any of these sacrificial songs. I'm trying to think of a great album that has one.... hmmmm....
    MANSFIELD 7/3/03, 7/11/03
    BOSTON 9/28/04, 9/29/04
    HARTFORD 5/13/06
    BOSTON 5/24/06
    MANSFIELD 6/28/08, 6/30/08
    EV BOSTON 8/1/08, 8/2/08
    CHICAGO 8/24/09
    HARTFORD 5/15/10
    BOSTON 5/17/10
    EV PROV 6/15/11
    WORCESTER 10/15/13, 10/16/13
    HARTFORD 10/25/13
  • Options
    WindNoSailWindNoSail Posts: 580
    falcon wrote:
    I had to bump this thread because for the last month I have been unable to remove this album from my stereo.
    Please, Ed, play Soon Forget and Light Years (if you can do it on your own somehow) every night on your tour. Thanks

If you like this, then maybe you will like THIS...more love

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=269108

This album has alot of meaning to ME
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010
  • Options
    Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    i think we will see the return of NAIS to the sets this summer. we better, its such a shame theyve been leaving that one out.
    :(

Man, I remember a day when everyone used to bitch about NAIS and how much of a set killer it always was. Personally, I really dig this tune and always thought this song was their best "Floyd" moment.

RM
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    binaural IS a masterpiece.

and to the nothing as it seems comments, it is NOT a set killer at all. i agree with it being the floyd type of moment. NAIS and lots of other binaural tunes i would consider to be highlights in a setlist. parting ways is another drifty masterpiece. the version on TB2K is RIDICULOUS!! the way ed is so serious, and the crazy noises at the end with the hard banging e chords. serious. of the girl is excellent, one of stone's best. rival also. and of course SLEIGHT OF FUCKING HAND is one of the most brilliant pieces of music ever written. it's so atmospheric and drifty. absolutely amazing. breakerfall, gods' dice, evacuation, grievance, and insignificance are all also excellent rockers. no denying that binaural is a masterpiece. and shit i forgot light years and thin air .. two beautiful pieces of music that one can never get sick of. OH and soon forget is sweet too!

binaural is genious.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    webberf1webberf1 Posts: 160
    falcon wrote:
    Maybe I look too deeply into these things, but throwing in 1 or 2 lower standard songs as a sacrifice makes the other songs seem that much better. Binaural, however, does not have any of these sacrificial songs. I'm trying to think of a great album that has one.... hmmmm....
    I'd agree with you on a fun lil track like Soon Forget. But there are three kinda crappy songs on Binaural and they are Evacuation, Grievance and Insignificance. Yeah yeah yeah, some people will dispute what I've just said... but look at the facts: I'm right, you're wrong :p
  • Options
    i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    There's nothing wrong with Evacuation. I love Binaural.
  • Options
    ChazzChazz Somerset, UK Posts: 1,093
    There's nothing wrong with Evacuation. I love Binaural.

I love Binaural, but its one of those albums that I forget how good it is until I play it (unlike Yield or Vitology - their greatness is etched in my memory :o)

It has got some awesome songs on it, but I'm really not keen on Evacuation....
    Dublin, Reading 06
    London, Copenhagen 07
    MSG 08
    SBE, Manchester, London 09
    Dublin, Belfast, London 10
    Manchester, Berlin 12
    Amsterdam, Milton Keynes 14
    London 18
    London 22
  • Options
    whichwaysignwhichwaysign Posts: 229
    i concur
    'I'm like an opening band for the sun'
  • Options
    JohnnyGeetarJohnnyGeetar Posts: 165
    One of PJ's better dark albums.
  • Options
    MohabMohab Posts: 310
    Defnatley a (maybe their) peak. Of the girl is beyond anything theyd done to that point in my opinion.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    hell yeah :D

Love seeing the Binaural threads in town!
  • Options
    Rival never seems to get much love (or hate). I think it's totally underrated and I'd love to hear it live once in a while. For all you guitar players out there... that classic Stone riff is just a blast to play!