Red Hot Chili Peppers disband!!

2»

Comments

• g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Julien wrote:
    are you drunk ? :D
    Sorry, but I can understand (it's not easy but I can) that some enjoy listening to RHCP, but if their last 3 albums are your favorite albums ever (!) then i think you have a problem. :D

I liked their last 3 albums, the latter 2 than SA but I liked them. Also I don't DRINK

That much.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
    Julien wrote:
    are you drunk ? :D
    Sorry, but I can understand (it's not easy but I can) that some enjoy listening to RHCP, but if their last 3 albums are your favorite albums ever (!) then i think you have a problem. :D

three OF them. I have many other favs. Believe me, nothing seems stranger to me on this board than the hate for these albums. Basically everyone I come in contact with in real life really likes them, and I have no idea what anyone wouldn't like about them. My wife and kids love them, its kinda become our family music. We have parties and eerybody digs them. At work, they are the most accepted of my music, except Tom Petty. Besides all that, I love them and consider those 3 albums to be the best pop rock music since the Beatles. The amount hate for them here... I just don't understand.

edit: Oh and I haven't consumed anything yet, but I've got some really great beer in the fridge that I just tried yesterday (Fuller's London Porter), and can't stop think about opening one up, mmmmm... have to be after my work out.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • zacman13245zacman13245 Posts: 294
    Id be fine just hearing a new John Frusciante solo album, his stuff in Ataxia is also amazing.
    I'm spinning, oh, I'm spinning

6/30/2008 - Mansfield, MA.
    5/17/2010 - Boston, MA
    9/3/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
    9/4/2011 - East Troy, WI (PJ20)
  • san pedrosan pedro Posts: 169
    i've been seeing rhcp since 1984! i even got backstage once (thanks to anthony and hillel) and watched the show from the side of the stage when they opened up for run dmc in 1985 at the warfield in san francisco. i luv all their albums. how could anyone say they suck? remember jack irons was an original member of rhcp, are you saying he sucks too? closeminded conservative! a couple of months ago i found a website that had all their b-side and rare covers,etc. it totaled 4 discs. their are alot of great songs on there. it was like finding 4 unreleased albums worth of material. don't dis the rhcp!
    "DON'T HATE THE PLAYER, HATE THE GAME"
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    Peppers rock...Stadium Arcadium is a great record and sold really, really well. So it's not Blood Sugar or earlier stuff, bands change you either move on with them or move onto something else.
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i heard this a while back that they were taking a year off....maybe 6 months ago. its been two years since arcadium already, so we may not get another RHCP album for a WHILE!

chad smith is pretty comendable. hes producing, playing in a new band, keeping busy.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    RHCP are a kick ass band. SA is a great record. Californication, BTW, SA. I feel are there best cds. As long as they get back together I'll be happy. SA has so many good songs on it. Some people on here dont like it. Which I dont understand.
  • BeavBeav Posts: 223
    Give Me Some Frusciante!!!
    "Sooner or later you'll bare your teeth"
    www.myspace.com/volinic
    www.myspace.com/zane26 (band)
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    san pedro wrote:
    i've been seeing rhcp since 1984! i even got backstage once (thanks to anthony and hillel) and watched the show from the side of the stage when they opened up for run dmc in 1985 at the warfield in san francisco. i luv all their albums. how could anyone say they suck? remember jack irons was an original member of rhcp, are you saying he sucks too? closeminded conservative! a couple of months ago i found a website that had all their b-side and rare covers,etc. it totaled 4 discs. their are alot of great songs on there. it was like finding 4 unreleased albums worth of material. don't dis the rhcp!

very cool about the shows :)

hmmmm what would that website be called.....?
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    JordyWordy wrote:

Chilis have some amazing b's and rarieties, I'd like to know this site too, i think I have two discs of b's and rarities, Rivers of Avalon, Runaway, Quixoticelixer, Bob, are some of my favourite Chilis tracks.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    SA seems like the best of everything theyve done, not neccesarily for the first time, but its a fine album. I missed by the way but grabbed a frusciante album inside of emptiness which was really good.
  • release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Id be fine just hearing a new John Frusciante solo album, his stuff in Ataxia is also amazing.

Agree!!!!!! John is the shit... Anything from his solo collection is good...
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I think that this is a good idea. Their last couple of albums have been so so. They need to recharge and come back with a epic album. :)
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    JordyWordy wrote:

[url]HTTP://x3.hu/freeweb/frameset.x3?user=/redhotchilipeppers&page=/mp3.html[/url] enjoy!!!!
    i thought i did it wrong, because its supposed to say:user= (not:use...)
    but it still works, click the link it will take you to the website i was talking about. lots of good stuff! enjoy!! : )
  • JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,261
    san pedro wrote:
    i thought i did it wrong, because its supposed to say:user= (not:use...)
    but it still works, click the link it will take you to the website i was talking about. lots of good stuff! enjoy!! : )

Very cool, thank you!!
    JordyWordy wrote:
    Very cool, thank you!!
    you're very welcome!! share the music!!! ; )
  • danedane Posts: 1,062
    Been a RHCP fan for as long as I've been a PJ fan - Blood sugar sex magik was actually the first CD I ever bought - but imo they're not getting better with age. Stadium arcadium blows and their show at Roskilde last year, was the worst concert I've ever been to! I listened to 3 songs, then I had to leave 'cause it was simply a waste of time!
    That being said I still think it's sad that they have going at it so hard, that they have to take a break and I don't really see them getting back together.
    Roskilde 30-06-00
    Berlin 23-09-06
    Copenhagen 26-06-07
    :-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-
    "This is not wine that I'm drinking tonight. This is Gatorade!" EV-Copenhagen 26-06-07