Red Hot Chili Peppers disband!!

2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance Posts: 23,243
edited May 2008 in Other Music
i don't think this is a total shock, but still.....

http://www.nme.com
www.cluthelee.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Edved82Edved82 Posts: 1,279
    Only for a year though. Not a bad thing, I think they are done as a band. In my opinion, Kiedis holds the other 3 guys back, Frusciante, Flea and Smith are 3 of the best rock musicians around today. Stadium Arcadium was awful
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/19/anthony-kiedis-we-were-emotionally-and-mentally-zapped/

Actually, they agreed not to do anything RHCP for a year or so. It just seemed to me you were under the impression it is permanent
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/19/anthony-kiedis-we-were-emotionally-and-mentally-zapped/

Actually, they agreed not to do anything RHCP for a year or so. It just seemed to me you were under the impression it is permanent

maybe for a microsecond when i saw the headline on NME.com, but quickly realised what it meant.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    They're just taking a welcomed break- they deserve it.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • HushBullHushBull Posts: 996
    Damn, I was ready to hear their new record again...
    "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    i don't think this is a total shock, but still.....

http://www.nme.com

Leave it to the NME to twist/embelish the true meanings of their news stories!

I am surprised they didn't use the words "Break-up Shock"
  • musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
    this isnt good. How many bands have taken a break like this and gotten back together? Fugazi has been on hiatus since 2001. Sleater Kinney said they were on hiatus.

As I said, for us Peppers fans, this isnt good
  • Yellow LedbellyYellow Ledbelly Posts: 3,749
    I don't think its anything out of the ordinary. I mean, he just said they were not doing it for a year or so, some doing other things musically and others doing the family thing. Bands take time off all the time and a year to decompress and do whatever after a long tour really doesn't seem like a big deal to me.
    I don't think there is any need for cocern among the diehard RHCP fans. I would be sad if they didn't get back together although i wouldn't lose much sleep, but I don't see this being a hiatus a la the one the Black Crowes just emerged from
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    LukinFan wrote:

You said it right.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,275
    i believe this to be a good thing they need a brake i'm not down on this band at all they were there before any other way back in the 80's while evry body was listening to hair metal i was jamming to styly freaky ..."i wan't to party in your pussy baby" any one remember that song ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • EquallyWorthlessEquallyWorthless Posts: 3,993
    edved82 wrote:
    Only for a year though. Not a bad thing, I think they are done as a band. In my opinion, Kiedis holds the other 3 guys back, Frusciante, Flea and Smith are 3 of the best rock musicians around today. Stadium Arcadium was awful

yeah right only for a year, kind of like Blink 182 and System of a Down are on "temporary hiatus"
    {if (work != 0) {
    work = work + 1;
    sleep = sleep - work * 10;}
    else if (work >= 0) {
    reality.equals(false);
    work = work +1;
    }system("pause");
    return 0;}
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    LukinFan wrote:

It's not so much that they deserve it, as they need it, Stadium Arcadium was tedious.
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    edved82 wrote:
    Stadium Arcadium was awful

If you take the best songs on those 2 cds and make it into 1 cd.. it actually is a pretty fucking good cd!!
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • MikeoMikeo Posts: 199
    I think that all people, Radio Stations, Web Pages, ect. Should take a break from RHCP for a year. It would be great for this year and maybe make people apperciate them more Next year.

Mikeo
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Well It's time to pull out their collection and catch on their music for awhile. Starting with *Stadium Arcadium* and *Mother's Milk*...love that song *Sexy Mexican Maid*

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
    You know, they could have taken the year of from RHCP stuff and just not explicitly said anything and no one would have thought twice.
    The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    i believe this to be a good thing they need a brake i'm not down on this band at all they were there before any other way back in the 80's while evry body was listening to hair metal i was jamming to styly freaky ..."i wan't to party in your pussy baby" any one remember that song ...

Of course I do. Special secret song inside. Loved that early RHCP stuff. It was so funny and positive and different.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,891
    They need to take time off to write more songs about california. :-P
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/05/19/anthony-kiedis-we-were-emotionally-and-mentally-zapped/

heah.......phish is on hiatus too.
  • RHCP should take a permanent break.

Awful awful music.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • reznors edgereznors edge Posts: 136
    the title got my hopes up! Oh well... I would be a happy person if I could go the next 2 years or so without hearing any new songs by them in my car.
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Lately all their stuff sound the same
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    best news of the day but they should have broken up for good and after Californication (or after Dave Navarro's departure)!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    RHCP suck !
    If the news is not fake, that's good news !
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    You know, they could have taken the year of from RHCP stuff and just not explicitly said anything and no one would have thought twice.

A grasp at relevance?

"Hello were still here, were not gonna do anything but we haven't ceased to exisit, we'll be back, you can be sure, you betcha":)

That Kiedis is a little attention whore.;)

Hopefully Fruiscante should bang out a new solo album or 5.:D
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • reversedarwinismreversedarwinism Posts: 1,151
    Trailer wrote:
    If you take the best songs on those 2 cds and make it into 1 cd.. it actually is a pretty fucking good cd!!

I've heard this statement before. I wonder which songs you or anyone else here would cut out. I'm looking at these songs on my itunes and I couldnt cut any out. The last 3 RHCP albums are 3 of my absolute favorite albums ever, and SA being a double album makes it more like 4 of my favorites.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
  • PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    They were falling apart on the SA tour. I saw them twice at the beginning of the SA tour in 06 and they were both amazing gigs. Then Reading 2007 the band looked like they were at each other's necks. I don't think the decline is as major as many people are saying, some people just seem to be using this as an excuse to trashtalk SA, but they definitely have personal issues that need sorting out.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    They were just going thru the motions at Reading Festival and were really dissapointing, maybe a break will do them some good.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • ComfisComfis Posts: 117
    yes i heard about this! maybe it will be good for them and their career! To feel fresh again, to refresh their ideas etc :)
    My choice for Radiohead News is InRadiobows.com
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    I've heard this statement before. I wonder which songs you or anyone else here would cut out. I'm looking at these songs on my itunes and I couldnt cut any out. The last 3 RHCP albums are 3 of my absolute favorite albums ever, and SA being a double album makes it more like 4 of my favorites.
    are you drunk ? :D
    Sorry, but I can understand (it's not easy but I can) that some enjoy listening to RHCP, but if their last 3 albums are your favorite albums ever (!) then i think you have a problem. :D
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm