Instead of Ames, please use this guy!!!

pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
edited February 2007 in Other Music
I really hope the switch up artists more this tour, check out this poster!!!

and look, they are still on sale... I just snagged one, Dan McCarthy is one of my favorites... I love the glow in the dark ink!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• link?
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • fuck, that is pretty sweet. thats not for a band though, is it? has he done concert posters before? if not pj should jump on this and give him a shot. i like that one a lo.t
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    wow that is cool....
    i like sound...
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I know... I'm thinking of subscribing to art collection, it's a pretty damn good deal... He does a lot of art prints, but also some concert posters!
    Get these while you can if you want them, it's artwork!
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    That's outstanding!! :)
    anyone else snag one?
    http://www.expressobeans.com/IMG.php?t=lg&id=61813

I just bought this one and the one I posted the link to earlier... $5 shipping, one tube, it's all good! I wish the stars glow in this one, I am not sure if they do or not... but it's AWESOME!
  • pjtaper wrote:
    http://www.expressobeans.com/IMG.php?t=lg&id=61813

I just bought this one and the one I posted the link to earlier... $5 shipping, one tube, it's all good! I wish the stars glow in this one, I am not sure if they do or not... but it's AWESOME!

oooooooooo, i like that one bestest. the sky looks great.
    He does some awesome work!
    i like sound...
  • AstroFanAstroFan Posts: 193
    http://www.danmccarthy.org/PRINT.DETAIL/99103.longquietlife.html

That's the only McCarthy print I have, but I'm thinking of buying the most recent one.
    I am NOT happy I missed that one! yeah, it's amazing! I recently got a glow in the dark EMEK poster, just framed it, that is one badass poster too! glow ink is so cool, especially if you live in a dark house, then you won't knock your posters off the wall!
    AstroFan wrote:
    http://www.danmccarthy.org/PRINT.DETAIL/99103.longquietlife.html

That's the only McCarthy print I have, but I'm thinking of buying the most recent one.

dude let me buy that one off you..... you don't even like it.... come on....
    i like sound...
    DAMN!!! All gone too!
    I'm going to bed before I buy any more posters. goodnight!
  • pjtaper wrote:
    I'm going to bed before I buy any more posters. goodnight!
    I should have done the same, I just pulled the trigger on a McCarthy...
    and I blame you!
    Cheers pjtaper.
  • Yeah... I wish Thomas Kinkade did the PJ posters.....
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    McCarthy work is a bit "one trick pony" does he do anything other than night illumination work?

PJ posters are always varied and different... this guys work is a bit monotonous if this is all he does :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    dunkman wrote:
    McCarthy work is a bit "one trick pony" does he do anything other than night illumination work?

PJ posters are always varied and different... this guys work is a bit monotonous if this is all he does :)

you've got a good point there... :)
    i think he work looks awesome though.
    i know for sure that if pj would let him handle any future artwork, i'd like it better than the work of fernando apocapyptica orwhateverhisnameis i don't know from the top of my head :p
    i still can't get into any of the artwork of avocado... it's too distant, too non-pearl jam to me.
    it doesn't fit the music for me. :( (as opposed to ALL their previous artwork)
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    you've got a good point there... :)
    i think he work looks awesome though.
    i know for sure that if pj would let him handle any future artwork, i'd like it better than the work of fernando apocapyptica orwhateverhisnameis i don't know from the top of my head :p
    i still can't get into any of the artwork of avocado... it's too distant, too non-pearl jam to me.
    it doesn't fit the music for me. :( (as opposed to ALL their previous artwork)

the avocado artwork is their worst (except 10 which is awful :D ) album art concept... i was seriously disappointed with it... nothing beats Yield, Vitalogy and No Code for me!!!
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    These are awesome, ive only looked at the prints so far but this is my fav.

http://www.danmccarthy.org/PRINT.DETAIL/76.give%20up.html
  • DavanitaDavanita Posts: 854
    dunkman wrote:
    the avocado artwork is their worst (except 10 which is awful :D ) album art concecpt... i was seriously disappointed with it... nothing beats Yield, Vitalogy and No Code for me!!!

you're absolutely right!!!
    although i think 10 was ok because it was their first and totally grungy :D
    Jon Stewart: "[about Russia's new president]...Dmitri Medevvvevv.... Dmitri Meh..... Dmitri M.! Or... as George W. Bush would probably pronounce it... Eddie Vedder."
    I really hope the switch up artists more this tour, check out this poster!!!

and look, they are still on sale... I just snagged one, Dan McCarthy is one of my favorites... I love the glow in the dark ink!

dont like it !
    Greets Dave
    Antwerp -Belgium- Europe
  • cuyler41cuyler41 Posts: 383
    those are sweet
  • Dang that guy is good. Is he related to Tim Burton or something? nice stuff man.
    www.myspace.com/allmankind
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,286
    Thanks PJtaper, I got one for a gift. I have a friend that is really into Tim Burton and Halloween, so I bought it for her for Christmas (yeah, I think way ahead). If I love it tho, I can keep it!!
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • QballQball Posts: 283
    Dan McCarthy is awesome. I prefer Emek (emek.net) or Aaron Horkey of Burlesque (burlesquedesign.com) but Dan is great! The only thing about dan is I think he makes great art prints. I think a band name on some prints would ruin some of his posters. I hope they switch up the artists this tour. I love Klausen's work but it seems he is best when he doesnt have to mass produce posters.
  • bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    mccarthy is also a masshole... or at least he lives here now

i like his stuff

how long does it glow in the dark for?

anyone?
    Don't Believe Everything You Think