ok, seriously, let's talk about the real rock and roll question.

2»

Comments

• boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    The real question is, why would you waste your time with either of those mediocre bands when you could talk about an interesting band?

You might want to work on your definition of mediocre. I'd hate to see the bands you think are bad.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • I think Floyd was a much more powerful band. There's no denying Zep's greatness, but Floyd made albums like Wish You Were Here. Works of art really.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    ive seen zep and ive seen floyd(without waters)
    no contest.....floyd was such an audio/visual experience.
    never forget it.
    zepp? 75? never think about it
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • MLB5150MLB5150 Posts: 70
    even though i havent heard everything pf has done they dont have robert plant singing. i dont care how tight your pants are or how high you can sing. i went through a phase of thinking zeppelin was the greatest rock band ever. but that was when i started to learn to play guitar. there is more to music then skill, there is also feeling. zeppelin has so little of that in my opinion. zeppelin is cock-rock. floyds music has something more then just high pitch singing and showy guitar solos. i put zeppelin in the same boat as van halen.

Yeah this was the same for me when i started drumming, i listened to alot of VH when i was 12- 14, then i thought how fuckin stupid it was. It had no feeling except "Let's party and look at girls" so i haven't listened to them in forever.

Anyway i'd choose Pink Floyd
    "Who did you say you were, replacing might for miracles?" - ajc
  • laudenumlaudenum Posts: 405
    MLB5150 wrote:
    Yeah this was the same for me when i started drumming, i listened to alot of VH when i was 12- 14, then i thought how fuckin stupid it was. It had no feeling except "Let's party and look at girls" so i haven't listened to them in forever.

Anyway i'd choose Pink Floyd
    thats why pj's music is timeless. its not abourt cars,chicks, teenage stuff.
    "shes stoned said the swede, and the
    mooncalf agreed" THe BANd
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    You might want to work on your definition of mediocre. I'd hate to see the bands you think are bad.

Ditto........

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    i'd take Pearl Jam over either of these has beens. hahahahaha
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    Even though I prefer the Floyds I have to say that I prefer Led Zep to Pink Floyd (without Roger Waters) for the studio albums.

The concepts created mostly by Waters in Pink Floyd were incredible..

You just have to watch Live At Pompeii or to listen to Careful with that axe Eugene. They have something you won't find anywhere else. They involved classical themes into rock music.

A big respect for both bands though.
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • inthefleshintheflesh Posts: 170
    Benzor wrote:
    Pink Floyd. Dogs is the greatest 17 minutes of music ever made.

hit the nail on the head...David Gilmour's guitar work on that song is simply amazing!

He's my favorite guitarist...he's just so much more melodic with his solos than say, Page, or Clapton. He know's when not to play a note, to give space...most guitar players (famous ones included) don't get that.
    was it?....
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    If it's rock'n' roll then for sure it hasto be Zepp! Floydd are fine, but more like some sort of art school/travelling muso band. As for the dissing of Robert Plant, well! You can piss off! Percy Plant is the most charasmatic frontman ever to saunter on to a stage, he isn't cliched-he set the standard by which the cliche runs-he is an innovator!. Even now, he continues to make new, relavant, good music-he doesn't hide away from his past completely, but he sure as hell does not rely on it to sell even 1 cd, or gig ticket-unlike Mr Waters et al. Those first 4 Zepplin albums must be in the top 20 of all time-fantastic stuff!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • seanw1010seanw1010 Posts: 1,205
    pink floyd. as much as i love zep, i must say, they are really overrated :(
    they call them fingers, but i never see them fing. oh, there they go
  • itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    led zeppelin. pink floyd hasn't been the same for me since i stopped taking psychedelic drugs.
    amen
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • jammerfalljammerfall Posts: 908
    McCready00 wrote:
    ...Pink Floyd are not the same since Waters left the band....

Zeppelin's not the same since Bonham left the band, either! ;)

Sorry, sick joke but I couldn't help myself.
    "Hello Oregonians. Hello Washingtonians. Hello Portland..where the fuck are we? We're in Ridgefield!"
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    idratherbe wrote:
    Ditto........

~peace~

No. No Ditto! Zeppelin is not an interesting band. Zeppelin is can of cock. Pink Floyd is sort of okay. But it's not compelling.

Different strokes, mkay? Because I have really wierd musical taste. My friends like to show off "cool 70's bands, listen listen listen" and I find a lot of bland bland bland non-compelling rock bands. The point being, I get sick of classic rock after a while.

Believe me, I'm not here to hate on any bands just for shock value. If I wanted that, I would say Pearl Jam sucks.
  • erickvazdelerickvazdel Posts: 140
    Pink Floyd !

My Reasons :
    - Echoes
    - Live at Pompeii
    - Dogs
    - Dark side of the moon

And the Waters and Gilmour solo albums are amazing too !

And all my respect for Zeppelin too -\m/ \m/-
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    No. No Ditto! Zeppelin is not an interesting band. Zeppelin is can of cock. Pink Floyd is sort of okay. But it's not compelling.

Different strokes, mkay? Because I have really wierd musical taste. My friends like to show off "cool 70's bands, listen listen listen" and I find a lot of bland bland bland non-compelling rock bands. The point being, I get sick of classic rock after a while.

Believe me, I'm not here to hate on any bands just for shock value. If I wanted that, I would say Pearl Jam sucks.

Out of curiosity, who DO you find interesting?
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
    I like a LOT of bands, but my life is so saturated with classic rock that I get horribly sick of it. Thus my unexplained dislike of Zep.
  • McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    Is that true that Led Zep might be on the road again ?
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Don't really like to have to choose between them because both have made important and relevant contributions to music and world psyche.

Love rocking out to Zep. Some days it's the perfect soundtrack.

But I'd have to say that Pink Floyd does maybe edge a little bit further forward as the front runner for me.
    Probably my whole family being obsessed with them contributes to that.
    But I have to wonder what my life would have been like if I'd never seen The Wall, if "fishbowl" was never written, and if the song that perfectly encapsulates my life to date, unComfortably Numb, had never been penned. Well, doesn't bare thinking about really. :)

I'd say Floyd but only by a head. :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
    Out of curiosity, who DO you find interesting?

Pick a genre.
  • Floyd are my fav Band of all time, so Floyd but I love Zep as well just not as much.

I can't stand these need to be stoned to enjoy PF comments, if you don't get the brilliance of DSOM, echoes & WYWH without a spliff then I pity you.

I admit it was different the 1st time I tried it but Floyd stand up with drugs or not.
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    led zepp it´s far superior than pf, musicians per musicians, songs per songs, live concerts....

pf it´s just good for the vibe of their music,just that...