ok, seriously, let's talk about the real rock and roll question.

McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin (:

... Pink Floyd, although with a shit load or respect for Led Zep.

Why ?

but, the be honest, Pink Floyd are not the same since Waters left the band. ( of since he fired the rest of the band.. :P ) but.. my god, they did well!

Careful with that axe eugene
Echoes
Time
Dogs
Fat Old Sun
Southampton Dock
Childhood's End
Free Four
Lost for words
Wish You Were Here
Comfortably Numb
Many track from Waters' solo albums...
Live At Pompeii
and the stage made for the Pulse Tour.
-"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    led zeppelin. pink floyd hasn't been the same for me since i stopped taking psychedelic drugs.
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    Why do you have to choose one? Can't we talk about music without picking what band we like better? I mean both bands have a totally different style of music if you ask me.
    Cock Fight.
  • McCready00McCready00 Posts: 371
    Tek Money wrote:
    Why do you have to choose one? Can't we talk about music without picking what band we like better? I mean both bands have a totally different style of music if you ask me.

calm down dude.. it is just for fun !
    -"it's times like these you have to ask yourself, "what would mike mccready do"
  • Tek MoneyTek Money Posts: 642
    McCready00 wrote:
    calm down dude.. it is just for fun !

*dudette

I'm totally calm. But it just doesn't seem like a "real" rock and roll question. I was expecting some fun trivia. These threads get old, and boring.
    Cock Fight.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,216
    Pink Floyd for me. They're one of my five favorite bands and I'm a massive prog dork.
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    Pink Floyd.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • IlovveePJIlovveePJ Posts: 145
    Led
    Cincinnati. 6.24.06 Portland. 7.20.06 Gorge I. 7.22.06 London. 6.18.07
    Lollapalooza. 8.5.07 West Palm Beach. 6.11.08 Bonnaroo. 6.14.08
    Hartford. Mansfield.

www.myspace.com/lkatmeimsandrab
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Pink Floyd
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Pink Floyd. Dogs is the greatest 17 minutes of music ever made.
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    Benzor wrote:
    Pink Floyd. Dogs is the greatest 17 minutes of music ever made.

I still haven't heard that, another thing on teh list. I know someone with the box set, so shouldn't be too hard.

I prefer Pink Zeppelin, or is that Led Floyd ?

Not sure if there is any pint ocmparing these two bands, they sit along side each other without any friction.

Zep for rockin', Floyd for chillin' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • PearlJamaholicPearlJamaholic Posts: 2,018
    even though i havent heard everything pf has done they dont have robert plant singing. i dont care how tight your pants are or how high you can sing. i went through a phase of thinking zeppelin was the greatest rock band ever. but that was when i started to learn to play guitar. there is more to music then skill, there is also feeling. zeppelin has so little of that in my opinion. zeppelin is cock-rock. floyds music has something more then just high pitch singing and showy guitar solos. i put zeppelin in the same boat as van halen.
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,853
    Beatles
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • lucylespianlucylespian Posts: 2,403
    even though i havent heard everything pf has done they dont have robert plant singing. i dont care how tight your pants are or how high you can sing. i went through a phase of thinking zeppelin was the greatest rock band ever. but that was when i started to learn to play guitar. there is more to music then skill, there is also feeling. zeppelin has so little of that in my opinion. zeppelin is cock-rock. floyds music has something more then just high pitch singing and showy guitar solos. i put zeppelin in the same boat as van halen.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn !!!!!

HAt's Off to Roy Harper
    Since I've Been Loving You
    No Quarter
    The Rain Song

Feeeeeeeeeeeeelings, nothing more than feelings !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Music is not a competetion.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    zeppelin. why?

have you seen robert plant in those tight tight jeans? :D:D:p

but seriously.....

cause a boy got me into them. :D and still i don't tire of listening to them.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm gonna say zeppelin..........my older brother and i shared a bedroom for many years in the 70's and he is a huge fan so i became one as well..........thanks bro............although he was also a big pf fan but besides the poster of dark side in our room i never got into them........until i was like 19 and was over at a friends house, pretty high, and delicate sound of thunder was on the tv..........then i became a huge fan.......but nothing beat zep.............:)
  • i like matt.ci like matt.c Posts: 1,121
    Man thats a hard one, but i'm going with Zeppeiln. Why? Six words: John Paul Jones The Rain Song.
  • HerboHerbo Posts: 63
    Tek Money wrote:
    I mean both bands have a totally different style of music if you ask me.

Farkin BANG!

Totally different.

PF are musically and visually artistic. Plus I need mushies to really get into them

LZ are down and dirty mad arse rocknrollers. Anyone for bacon ?? !!!
    Take a bottle drink it down..... pass it around !
  • zeppelin is the greatest band in music history period....everybody else is below them.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Gremmie95Gremmie95 Posts: 749
    I'd have to go with Zep on this as well. Floyd was great in High School stoned out of my mind.
  • dave grolschdave grolsch Posts: 730
    Tek Money wrote:
    agreed! so that means led zep then!!
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    both groups are good.
    they were @ the right place @ the right time, and with alot of talent.
    could PF and LZ actualy be over-rated?
    i feel Neil Young has more talent than both PF and LZ.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 367
    Ah, where's hippiemom?

Led Zeppelin for me. But I owned all the Pink Floyd albums as well, and wore out more than one copy (eh, that would be VINYL) of Animals over the years. :)

Completely different music fer sure...

~peace~
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
  • boxwine_in_hellboxwine_in_hell Posts: 1,263
    Depends what kind of mood you're in....Apples and Oranges.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    Well, in the spirit of the thread, Zeppelin.

Pretty much my favorite since I was a young girl of 11 until about 1991 then this little band came out with an awesome album and...

Seriously though Wish You Were Here is one of the best songs ever IMO.

boxwine_in _hell (love that name) stated it best; "apple and oranges" and I love them both.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn
  • Matty BoyMatty Boy Posts: 421
    If you want to rock you have to go with Zeppelin, but if you want music to relax and fall asleep to you have to with Floyd. Myself, I go with the Stones. You get the great Rock N' Roll tunes without the annoying lyrics of Robert Plant.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Matty Boy wrote:
    You get the great Rock N' Roll tunes without the annoying lyrics of Robert Plant.

What are you talking about? Really, who CAN'T relate to having their beloved princess scooped up by Gollum in Mordor?
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    McCready00 wrote:
    The Real Rock and Roll Question: Pink Floyd or Led Zeppelin (:

The real question is, why would you waste your time with either of those mediocre bands when you could talk about an interesting band?
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    there has never been a more versitile rock group

blues/bluegrass/rock/alternative

Bonzo was so damn good Jimmy......Plant was insane in the hay days, though he can't sing at all now.

I love Flloyd too, conceptually 100 times better than Zep
  • dq4lifedq4life Posts: 154
    IlovveePJ wrote:
    Led
    agreed. led zeppelin. but i listen to them more than i listen to pink floyd so I'm sort of biased.
  • Someone said Apples and Oranges. Great Floyd song.