London Calling

2»

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    all you clash fans and its taken this long for someone to mention sandanista! :rolleyes:
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • fada wrote:
    I bought this album recently. A very good album it is. The best of the punk era , you decide.

They're my favourite band after Pearl Jam. This is the album that got me listening to The Ramones, Kinks, Patti Smith etc. Listen to some of the Clash's older stuff aswell, if you don't already.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I remember buying London Calling when I was in 7th grade....it changed my life, as I became a passionate music junky soon after that, and it motivated me to learn about the music biz and make it part of my career!

It's an incredible album because it includes so many types of music.....no filler whatsoever....Clampdown, Jimmy Jazz, Lost in the Supermarket...damn, all great songs.

Sandanista was great, but I had trouble listening to it all the way thru at the time.

I dig the first 2 Clash albums, but they do seem a bit one dimentional. The varying styles on LC really set the Clash apart from the rest, even though they kept their progressive spirit. The Ramones were great, but their albums never had the same punch as the Clash.

There is a Clash exhibit at the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame, and when I saw it, I was taken back to my youth. I even spotted a factual error on one of the photo captions. The underling usher argued the point with me, but then the curator agreed with me!
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    this album is phenomenal
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick