Options

jam bands

2»

Comments

• Options
    So many great ones mentioned already, and I second all of them, especially the following (I am an old school Deadhead so I am very partial to jam bands :D):

Phish
    Grateful Dead (or if you are going to live shows, any version of them or their members - The Dead, Phil Lesh & friends, Ratdog, Mickey Hart etc, etc.)
    moe.
    My Morning Jacket - Their live shows are amazing and I am still pretty new to their music.
    Dave Matthews Band - yes I really do still consider them a jam band and their live shows are a wonderful experience.
    Gov't Mule
    Umphreys Mcgee
    John Butler Trio - I'm not sure if I would consider them a jam band, but they kind of fit the genre - they are folky with a reggae feel - another amazing live band.

All of these bands are amazing live and if you are new to their stuff you may want to just download some live shows and check them out before even trying the studio stuff. You will find many of them for legal download here:

http://www.archive.org/details/etree
  • Options
    TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Grateful Dead, Phish, String Cheese Incident, Widespread Panic, Ratdog

I used to like moe. but I hung out with them and Rob was the biggest asshole EVER!! Fuck those guys

Disco Biscuits are pretty good... but they are assholes as well. Keyboardist kept trying to fuck my girlfriend. She was so drunk she didn't know what was going on... and he kept having the other band members distract me so he could try to take her into another room.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • Options
    I'm not a jam band fan at all. All of my friends are, but I can't handle it.

The only thing I like listening to is the album Billy Breathes by Phish. I know it's there most mainstream album, but it's also the most accessible.
  • Options
    12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    cant go wrong with Grateful Dead of course. I reccomend Tea Leaf Green. I havent really listened to them but from what ive heard they sould great. Very chill music. Oh and anything by les claypool is fuckin sweet.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,942
    Get_Right wrote:
    I have to agree that warren is boring and the songs do not work
    Ive walked out on the mule twice
    Why would you see a band, walk out, then see them again? Seems strange to me :)
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    ovechkin8ovechkin8 Posts: 491
    benjs wrote:
    Why would you see a band, walk out, then see them again? Seems strange to me :)

was probably at a festival.

use your deductive reasoning, guy