Options

A little birdy flew by

Comments

• Options
    drew0drew0 Posts: 943
    corduroy10 wrote:
    I could be wrong

but I think when they said Canada they were probably referring to the already announced Vancouver date. A cross Canada Ed solo tour seems unlikely.

Yeah. I really couldn't see EV playing Winnipeg & Edmonton but not playing Chicago, Boston, Philly, or NYC. I heard there were rumours of a Toronto show
    Pittsburgh 6/23/06
    Madison Square Garden 6/25/08
  • Options
    aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    drew0 wrote:
    Yeah. I really couldn't see EV playing Winnipeg & Edmonton but not playing Chicago, Boston, Philly, or NYC. I heard there were rumours of a Toronto show
    Yeah, that is sort of like "I couldn't see Ed playing Vancouver & California but not play anywhere in Washington State like maybe, Seattle.
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    I expect the tweet is about FTM party tickets to be auctioned .
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    The only thing that gets me scared that is not dates in know mention of getting your membership up to date. But I guess with the server problems maybe it is a good idea to thin the herd.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    efisioefisio Posts: 46
  • Options
    einatshauleinatshaul Posts: 2,219
    So you reference to a board that relies on this board for news?
  • Options
    I expect the tweet is about FTM party tickets to be auctioned .
    What is FTM?
  • Options
    efisioefisio Posts: 46
    einatshaul wrote:
    So you reference to a board that relies on this board for news?

It's a bit like a dog that bites his own tail (or so it's what we say in Italy :) )
  • Options
    4Powers20 wrote:
    The only thing that gets me scared that is not dates in know mention of getting your membership up to date. But I guess with the server problems maybe it is a good idea to thin the herd.
    Yeah, but I think most of us know when a tweet comes, make sure your membership is up-to-date.
  • Options
    agusagus Posts: 35
    :eek: :eek:

pj in México 08 ??????
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    They will announce the release of a Vic DVD/CD and select dates in late summer in swing states and large cities like NY and LA...book it
  • Options
    4Powers204Powers20 Posts: 1,224
    thunderDAN wrote:
    They will announce the release of a Vic DVD/CD and select dates in late summer in swing states and large cities like NY and LA...book it

I really think I would give up shows this summer for a DVD of the VIC. It would be tough but I would have to.

"We're running out of beer, too?" EV 6/19/08

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,384
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Yeah, but I think most of us know when a tweet comes, make sure your membership is up-to-date.
    You can be quite certain that if the tweet is about a PJ tour, there'll be some folks who say..."damn why didn't Kat say to make sure your 10C account is up to date, I woud have renewed, but cause she didn't specifically say that, I assumed it was about Limited Edition Into the Wild beer koozies and I didn't renew...10club never takes care of us!".

Bank on it. :D
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    pj23yankspj23yanks Posts: 262
    All I know is WMMR has this huge announcement on Tuesday morning at 10:30!
    98: East Rutherford
    00: Saratoga Springs
    03: Albany, Uniondale, DC, MSG I & II, Holmdel
    04: Boston I
    05: Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Pittsburgh
    06: Toronto I & II, Hartford, Chicago I, Cleveland, Boston I & II, Philly I & II, DC, Milwaukee I, Vegas
    07: Lollapalooza
    08: Philly I, DC, MSG I & II
    09: Chicago I & II, LA III & IV, Philly I, II & IV
    10: St. Louis, Columbus, Buffalo, DC, Hartford, Boston
    11: PJ20 I & II, Montreal, Toronto I & II, Ottawa, Hamilton, Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Sao Paulo I & II, Rio, Costa Rica, Mexico City
    12: Berlin I & II, Stockholm, Oslo, Copenhagen, Philly, Pensacola
    13: Chicago, Worcester I & II, Brooklyn II, Philly I & II, Hartford, Baltimore, Charlotte, Phoenix, San Diego, LA II, Oakland, Vancouver
    14: Milan, Trieste, Cincinnati, Austin I, Memphis, St Paul, Denver, Bridge School II
    15: NYC, Bogota, Mexico City
    16: Miami, Tampa, Hampton, NYC I & II, Quebec, Toronto I, Fenway II, Wrigley II
    18: Barcelona, Madrid, Seattle I, Boston I & II
    22: Glendale, Oakland I, Sacramento, Toronto, Quebec, Hamilton, MSG, Camden, Nashville, Denver, Amsterdam I, Zurich, Vienna, Prague
  • Options
    emeraldkityemeraldkity Posts: 370
    What is FTM?

Well I didn't see a wink....

CCFA fundraiser
    They liked it so much they played it twice

That was my favorite ride ( when I was 11)
    You must be the change you want to see in the world
    -Gandhi
  • Options
    pathorsespathorses Posts: 319
    I posted this back in February on the "South" thread:

God, how I hate rumors but I have to share this!

Disclaimer: I know there are many (several) of you here that have inside information and I don't claim any inside information at ALL. The LAST thing I want to do is get my hopes up, much less anybody else's. I've been heartbroken enough, right? But, one of my best friends sent me these emails......again, we know tours have been scheduled and cancelled but I feel compelled to share this anyway.

This is from back in January when we were "talking" about seeing Tom Petty (and we did score good tickets):

"My secretary's father is in charge of the entire southeastern region from D.C. to Florida for Live Nation! When she told me that I started salivating. For some artists he handles their entire tour - Elton John, Billy Joel, and Jimmy Buffet and maybe a couple of others."

She and I don't always share the same tastes but she absolutely knows what a big PJ fan I am so I (finally) asked her to ask her friend if she'd heard anything. This is what she said TODAY:

"Her father confirmed. They are touring this summer. Keep you posted when I get some actual dates."

Again, this is one of my best friends and I can't help but get a little excited but only a little. We've been let down so much...............wouldn't it be fu*king great, though???????

Any thoughts?

Peace,
    Pat
    Atlanta 3/94
    Charleston 10/96
    Greenville 4/98
    Charlotte 8/00
    Charlotte 4/03
    Gorge I & II 7/06
    Columbia 6/08
    Jazz Festival 5/10
    Noblesville 5/10
  • Options
    EddieshometownEddieshometown Evanston, IL Posts: 974
    Any chance that the announcement is for Eddie expanding his April Fool's Tour? I just finished Into the Wild and from an idealist's perspective I loved it but from a parent's perspective (being a parent of a likely rebellious son) I hated it (or should I say it scared the crap out of me).
    6/26/98 & 6/27/98 - Alpine Valley, 10/9/00 - Allstate Arena - Rosemont, IL 6/18/2003 - United Center, 5/16/2006 - United Center,
    5/17/2006 - United Center (7th row center, caught Eddie's pick), 6/29/2006 - Summerfest with Tom Petty,
    8/24/2009 - United Center, 7/19/2013 - Wrigley Field, 10/3/2014 - St Louis, 10/17/2014 - Moline (GA), 10/20/2014 - Milwaukee,
    5/14/2015 - Pete Townshend/EV, 8/20/16 & 8/22/16 Wrigley Field Part 2&3, 8/18/18 & 8/20/18 Wrigley Parts 4 & 5, 9/18/2022 - St Louis
  • Options
    Carlos DCarlos D Posts: 638
    It's been suggested already but considering how Mike(or was it Stone?) saying they admired how In Rainbows was released maybe this could be a new album....?
    It'll probably just end up being that Ed got a haircut or something.
    It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
    But you're gonna have to serve somebody.

www.bebo.com/pearljam06
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,029
    Carlos D wrote:
    It's been suggested already but considering how Mike(or was it Stone?) saying they admired how In Rainbows was released maybe this could be a new album....?
    it was Stone, but the news this week can't be about the album is already
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    Carlos D wrote:

New album seems unlikely to me cuz we havent heard anything about the band being in the studio. I think if the tweet is about music (and not about a tour, which in itself is questionable) it would have to be unreleased material (like the Avocado B-Sides we're still waiting to hear).
    Well, do you need a lot of what you've got to survive?
  • Options
    please NO tour with AIC!!
    Rome '96
    Bologna '06
    Verona '06
    Pistoia '06
    Venice '07
    London '07
    Manchester '09
    Berlin '10
    Venice '10
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,932
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I see from your sig that you were at the Venice 07 show ... how was it? :)
    not as good as cincy....
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    NOCODE#1 wrote:
    yea reading is not a safe town, it has one of the highest crime rates.

Ahhh.....It was an enjoyable show, but my trip out there was crazy to say the least. I'll take a show in that town again, but will be better prepared for this city for sure. BRING IT ON READING, I TOLD YOU THAT WE WILL MEET AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
    Philly-4/28/03, Holmdel-7/14/03, Reading-10/1/04, Philly-10/3/05, Camden-5/27/06, Camden-5/28/05, Camden-6/19/08, Camden-6/20/08, MSG- 6/25/08
  • Options
    muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    Could it be the Reading/Leeds festival again? I know they already played, and the lineup seems to be all confirmed (Killers, Rage, Metallica) but usually the lineup is announced around March 17th - 19th.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    The more I think about it...

Mid week...

Rubysdad posted about Bonnaroo during mid-week too.

I am betting it's going to be Austin City Limits.

*snorts*

And I will be doing a lot of snorting when it is confirmed. :p
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    muppet wrote:
    Could it be the Reading/Leeds festival again? I know they already played, and the lineup seems to be all confirmed (Killers, Rage, Metallica) but usually the lineup is announced around March 17th - 19th.

don't think so!

reading and leeds lineups are announced on march 31st this year, and as you say, the headliners are pretty much nailed on at RATM, metallica and the killers.
    2006 - Astoria, Dublin, Leeds
    2007 - London
    2009 - London, Manchester, London
    2010 - Dublin, Belfast, London
    2011 - Alpine Valley x2
    2012 - Isle of Wight, Manchester x2
  • Options
    not as good as cincy....
    And neither were as good as any of the Gorge shows!! :p

I am telling you folks, this tweet will be about a 2008 July Gorge show with Ed solo opening up for Pearl Jam. :D

*Crosses fingers, hopes and prays to the concert gods*
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    aNiMaL wrote:
    And neither were as good as any of the Gorge shows!! :p

I am telling you folks, this tweet will be about a 2008 July Gorge show with Ed solo opening up for Pearl Jam. :D

*Crosses fingers, hopes and prays to the concert gods*

And I'll pray along with you - anything to get rid of ACL or any other C3 Presents related festivals. :p

Yours does sound promising and hopeful! :D
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    IamMine wrote:
    And I'll pray along with you - anything to get rid of ACL or any other C3 Presents related festivals. :p

Yours does sound promising and hopeful! :D
    I mean seriously come on. Lets stop fucking around now. Why the hell else would Ed have skipped Seattle - if they weren't planning something special at the Gorge where he opens up solo for PJ as a whole? Why wouldn't he want to share his solo music at The Gorge? He, along with the whole band has confessed their love for the venue. In fact, they felt so strongly about the 2005 show that they knew they had to tour their last new record there less than a year later. Why wouldn't Ed feel the same way about wanting to share his solo "Into the Wild" music there too? Can you imagine ITW with The Gorge as the back drop? Holy shit - and then to have Pearl Jam come on for full on concert!!!!!

That would be very nice, yes. :D
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    I wouldn't mind a 2nd Lollapalooza...

Friday Smashing Pumpkins
    Saturday Radiohead
    Sunday Pearl Jam

that would be nice. Plus I heard they are announcing Lolla this week.

But I would settle for a North American tour with stops in Cleveland, Columbus, Pittsburgh, Cincinnati and Chicago.
This discussion has been closed.