Smashing Pumpkins Fall Tour Dates!

stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
edited July 2007 in Other Music
From Billboard:

As the July 10 release of their comeback album approaches, the reconstituted Smashing Pumpkins have revealed their fall tour itinerary. The outing begins Sept. 8 at Montreal's Osheaga Festival and will run through Nov. 5 in Nashville. The group is presently in the midst of a nine-show residency in Asheville, N.C., and will also play Live Earth outside New York on Saturday (July 7).

Fans who pre-order "Zeitgeist" through the iTunes Music Store will get first crack at tickets via a Ticketmaster promotion. General public tickets go on sale July 14.

"Zeitgeist" is led by the single "Tarantula," which is No. 2 on Billboard's Modern Rock chart and No. 7 on the Mainstream Rock tally. That song and others from the new album will be played during two separate upcoming performances on CBS' "Late Show With David Letterman," set for July 9 and July 13.

Here are the Smashing Pumpkins' fall tour dates:

Sept. 8: Montreal (Osheaga Festival)
Sept. 9: Toronto (V Fest)
Sept. 13: Las Vegas (the Pearl)
Sept. 18: Phoenix (Dodge Theatre)
Sept. 24: Vancouver (NE Forum)
Sept. 28: Salt Lake City (McKay Center)
Sept. 30: Morrison, Colo. (Red Rocks)
Oct. 2: St. Paul, Minn. (Wilkins Auditorium)
Oct. 4: Normal, Ill. (Braden Auditorium)
Oct. 7: Detroit (Fox Theatre)
Oct. 9: Pittsburgh (Palumbo Center)
Oct. 11: Columbus, Ohio (LC Pavilion)
Oct. 15-16: Boston (Orpheum Theatre
Oct. 21-22: Philadelphia (Tower Theatre)
Oct. 25: Memphis (Mud Island Amphitheatre)
Oct. 30: Atlanta (Fox Theatre)
Nov. 3: Dallas (Nokia Theatre)
Nov. 5: Nashville (Ryman Auditorium)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• RockKingRockKing Posts: 431
    Fuck yeah!! Thanks for the info.
    --"I'm like an opening band for the sun"

--"We’re taking pills to get along with life… the pills are YIELD and PJ’s music. Then we create words to call our own = our analysis of YIELD." - YIH
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Couldn't get tickets for them in London :(
  • pdh1978pdh1978 Posts: 211
    redrock wrote:

Nor could I, but I have some for Glasgow in August!! :)
    If you all stop hitting refresh for just two minutes, I can buy my tickets...
  • lukin321lukin321 Charlotte, NC Posts: 864
    No FL...looks like i'm going to Atlanta!
    9/1/98, 8/9/00, 8/12/00, 4/11/03, 4/12/03, 4/13/03, 4/19/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/8/04, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 10/27/09, 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 10/30/2013, 4/8/2016, 4/9/2016, 4/11/2016, 4/13/2016
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,701
    Orpheum sounds good.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    redrock wrote:
    might have some glasgow upstairs tix for sale soon
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    duggro wrote:
    might have some glasgow upstairs tix for sale soon

I'm sure I could beg, steal or borrow (?!) glasgow tix, but I can't make it up there on that date!
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    The Tower in Oct sounds like a nice late B-day present to myself :D
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Stephen FlowStephen Flow Posts: 3,327
    looks like they're playing a lot of smaller venue's, i wonder why?
  • stpmattbstpmattb Posts: 956
    They have been out of the spotlight for 7 years. They have to build that momentum before they go trying out an arena tour.
  • darthvedder88darthvedder88 Posts: 1,023
    I'm gonna go to either Columbus or Nashville
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    stpmattb wrote:
    They have been out of the spotlight for 7 years. They have to build that momentum before they go trying out an arena tour.

plus the smaller venues create more demand and they can later use that demand to fill larger arenas (i.e. Chris Cornell's mulitple tours this year)
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889

They were originally looking at arenas, but I guess they figured that the demand wouldn't be there.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • vedhead011vedhead011 Posts: 300
    Where's Chicago? They favored their hometown at times in their first incarnation, and ZWAN had like 5 shows in 5 nights at Metro. The 2nd Coming hasn't played their hometown yet!
    AskPearlJam: PearlJama101-guest says: Who's idea was it for Eddie to play banjo on "Soon Forget"?
    Eddie: I don't know whose idea it was but it was turned down.
  • superdeluxesuperdeluxe Posts: 119

Intimate connection with the fans?
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I plan on giving them another chance, but when I saw them in like 1995 they were absolutely horrible. Definately a band that has a lot of studio editing done...
  • I plan on giving them another chance, but when I saw them in like 1995 they were absolutely horrible. Definately a band that has a lot of studio editing done...

Dude, if you didn't like them in 1995, well, you probably won't like them now. LOL

I am pumped about this! I love the small club shows, i hope they keep doing them!!! I'm sure there will be a few arenas soon. I wonder if they can still sell out Arenas???
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Somewhere between Oct. 26 and Oct. 28 they will be in New Orleans at Voodoo Fest.
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I plan on giving them another chance, but when I saw them in like 1995 they were absolutely horrible. Definately a band that has a lot of studio editing done...
    Most of the footage I've seen of them was from Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie. I was not a fan of the vocals live, everything else, absolutely.

Now.....I just saw them on the 24th and 27th, and let me tell you he sounds great now. Maybe because he's not pissed off anymore. Maybe because I was there. I don't know......but I think he sounds much better live now.
    I can't believe they played this :D
  • Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I'd see them again because I love their studio work and I want to give another shot before writing them off as a live band. Could have been an off night or whatever, so I will give them another shot. I just hope their live show has gotten better....a lot better...
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    Ava17adore wrote:
    I'm sure there will be a few arenas soon. I wonder if they can still sell out Arenas???

UNless the new album does real well I don't think they can sell out arenas in the US except for some major markets like NYC. I'd rather see any band in a club/theater/auditorium over an arena anyday.
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    holtz wrote:
    UNless the new album does real well I don't think they can sell out arenas in the US except for some major markets like NYC. I'd rather see any band in a club/theater/auditorium over an arena anyday.
    they could never seel out any arena here in nyc. trust me
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• duggroduggro Posts: 1,343
    they could never seel out any arena here in nyc. trust me
    you say that with such authority
    Dublin Leeds Berlin Wembley
  • TheEvolutionTheEvolution Posts: 143
    Pittsburgh???? Sweet!!!!!!!!!
    "Being undecided...it's dangerous. And I'll give you a perfect example: people with mullets, that's indecision."-EV

9/28/05-PNC
    5/30/06-DC
    6/23/06-Pittsburgh
  • Jammin909Jammin909 Posts: 888
    They are playing at the 9:30 club in DC next Tuesday July 10th for a release show!!
    The less you know, the more you believe.
  • PorchsitterPorchsitter Posts: 1,069
    Guess I'm gonna try for Atlanta. It'll be good to see a concert in the Fox. It's been a while.
    We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution.--Bill Hicks
  • Guess I'm gonna try for Atlanta. It'll be good to see a concert in the Fox. It's been a while.

Me too. I've never been to the Fox so that will be cool. They should've booked the Nac though...such an awesome place to see a show.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • danny72688 wrote:
    Most of the footage I've seen of them was from Siamese Dream and Mellon Collie. I was not a fan of the vocals live, everything else, absolutely.

Now.....I just saw them on the 24th and 27th, and let me tell you he sounds great now. Maybe because he's not pissed off anymore. Maybe because I was there. I don't know......but I think he sounds much better live now.
    I can't believe they played this :D

I'm with you. I just saw them Sat. for the first time and it was a very good show. Billy played amazingly and the vocals were surprisingly very good. I've heard a few boots where the vocals were not so great from the 90's.

And I'm so jealous you guys got Aeroplane Flies High! We got Drown which was cool but I would have loved to hear Aeroplane.
    If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person. Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.
    -Oscar Wilde
  • prytocorduroyprytocorduroy Posts: 4,355
    I'm with you. I just saw them Sat. for the first time and it was a very good show. Billy played amazingly and the vocals were surprisingly very good. I've heard a few boots where the vocals were not so great from the 90's.
    In their defense I've heard a few good boots with decent vocals. Never been as good as studio though that I've heard ;)
    And I'm so jealous you guys got Aeroplane Flies High! We got Drown which was cool but I would have loved to hear Aeroplane.
    I would not have traded Aeroplane for anything, but I was itching for Drown too! You lucky duck fuck :p Anything at all Gish era would've been nice too. That and Crush I think were all that's surfaced so far.
  • danny72688 wrote:
    In their defense I've heard a few good boots with decent vocals. Never been as good as studio though that I've heard ;)

Yeah, they have some good boots but it's just not consistent. Their studio work is just in an entirely different league.
    danny72688 wrote:
    I would not have traded Aeroplane for anything, but I was itching for Drown too! You lucky duck fuck :p Anything at all Gish era would've been nice too. That and Crush I think were all that's surfaced so far.

:D

I thought I heard that they did Daydream in Asheville? I really wanted to Frail and Bedazzled. I heard they sound checked it...I would have died to just hear that. Fingers crossed for Atl. :)

-Oscar Wilde