Soundgarden Reunion?

2»

Comments

• bharQ wrote:
    yes and the worst ratm and soundgarden songs are at least 11 times better than any audioslave song..

Preach on..
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    Uhhhhhh.....Holy crap on a stick! I coulda sworn I just read the original post here and it says CHRIS hinted around the a possible SG reunion???
    :eek: I've gone back and read that over and over and over. haha. OMG!!!! This is the wettest wildest dream EVER!

While I'm a firm believer that anything is possible I've also never heard him talk such talk before either though. Weird! BUT he is in a VERY different, positive, grounded place now sooooo.....perhaps it is true!

AHHHHHHH!!!!!#%$*

My heart and mind and just entire being cannot even begin to process/handle such a thought. :eek: What in the????
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Preach on..

i guess its preachin seeing as im wildly outnumbered

at least im honest
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    SOUNDGARDEN RULES ALL!

Plain and simple.
    :)

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • MojopinMojopin Posts: 216
    adam42381 wrote:
    Just listen to Cornell's unplugged stuff and you'll see that he's still got it: http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=219465&highlight=cornell+unplugged

That unplugged is indeed awesome.

Unfortunately, and it pains me to say it, he could NOT do a SG reunion the justice it so thoroughly deserves. Sorry.

However, they could get together and release some of the rare shit they have stored away and maybe some of the shows they did, and I would be just fine with it. He could also continue doing some solo albums and I'd be downright giddy about it...

Mojo
    "A consistently good band works all the different elements well. A song has to appeal sentimentally, intellectually, physically, viscerally, and dig deep down into your soul and suck you into it. And after that, of course, it'd be a matter of taste." ~ Kim Thayil from Soundgarden
  • taken from an interview Chris gave to a dutch magazine:

"During the talk about Soundgarden, Chris awakes from his slumber. When asked if he would ever like to work with his old band, or if that chapter has been closed indefinitely, he moves to the front of his seat.
    'I never completely closed that chapter. Someday, perhaps in five years, I would like to record another album. Like we should have done in 1986*. The feeling I had at that time, the emotions and ideas, I still carry around. I cherish them. Besides, all the other bandmembers are still alive. That's a plus, too. Furthermore I remember the types of equipment we used. Like I said, I'm always prone to looking ahead, but as an exception I would like to travel back to that time. It was a great time. So who knows...'"

*when he refers back to 1986, it refers back to what he said earlier in the interview. "Our debut Ultramega OK contained the right songs, but didn't sound great. I think Badmotorfinger is our best record. There I found my voice. Litterally and figurly speaking."

thanks to Kanta from the slaved board for translating.

Now, let´s discuss this, I´m not sure how I think about this yet. That´s something that I would never expected Chris to say.

That is the biggest load of crap a child could have done a better job. There certainly are some vulnerable people on this board, I bet if he had asked for your credit card details most of you would have provided them!