Radiohead

2»

Comments

• Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    hodge wrote:
    kid A is my favorite radiohead album

To each their own, but I honestly can't think of a reason why OK Computer isnt everybodies favorite Radiohead album.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    I'm sorry but Radiohead sucks. Wayyyyyyy overrated, almost as much as U2. If I have to hear that whiny British schtick again, I'm gonna puke.
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I'm sorry but Radiohead sucks. Wayyyyyyy overrated, almost as much as U2. If I have to hear that whiny British schtick again, I'm gonna puke.

Well, then it wasn't a bright idea to post in a Radiohead thread now was it?

For those of us w/ a brain, here's an awesome video on Kid A. It's about 45 minutes long, but well worth it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8304235072627536069
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    Well, then it wasn't a bright idea to post in a Radiohead thread now was it?

For those of us w/ a brain, here's an awesome video on Kid A. It's about 45 minutes long, but well worth it.

i need your address man.
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Does anyone have any pro shot concerts from the Hail To The Thief tour? I saw one on Showtime once and it was towards the end and I never saw it again.
  • Well, then it wasn't a bright idea to post in a Radiohead thread now was it?

Thanks for the awesome link. I'd never seen it before, so it was a nice little treat. Love my Radiohead. O.K Computer ranks right up there with Downward Spiral and Aenima as my personal all-time favorates. Can't understand why some didn't like HTTT, though. I am so looking forward to the new album!
  • i don't think they experimented so much as changed genres. ok computer was experimentation like the soft bulletin. it blurred genres and stretched rock to the breaking point. kid a and beyong were simply radiohead doing electronic/ambient music that was already being done by other artists. they were just the biggest band to get in to the genre. it's like saying that rod stewart was just experimenting when he left the faces and went disco... he wasn't, he was just switching genres. only he moved to a more popular genre and radiohead moved to a less popular one, which is how rod was torn to shreds (that and his music sucked) and radiohead are still critic's darlings.
    well, yeah... ok computer was experimental... didn't mean to imply it wasn't. it's a great album too.

i personally consider kid a their masterpiece... a status quo album that changed the conventional idea of what "rock" should sound like. not necessarily great because of the electronic sound.... they just delved into a whole new sound entirely on their own by culminating electronic/ambient.
    This isn't the land of opportunity, it's the land of competition.