pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
edited June 2018 in Other Music
Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Comments

• Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    I'm unbeatable at Techmo Bowl.
    "It's all happening"
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I listen to as much techno as rock, and probably go to more dance events than gigs. A lot of people find that hard to understand and discount electronic music altogether. Fair enough, its not for everyone. Personally, I Love Techno!!
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,848
    just say no to techno and electronica

Daft punk? whats the big deal?
    I really dont get it at all.
    IMHO
    Ive never liked Daft Punk. Electronica wise i love Boards of Canada, Aphex Twin, Underworld, The Orb, Future Sounds of London and many, many more. Right now im listening to a guy who added me on Myspace ages ago called Muncatchy.

Techno wise i love Dave Clarke, Laurent Garnier, Slam, Felix da Housecat, Richie Hawtin, Sven Vath, Josh Wink, Booka Shade, Green Velvet and many more again.

Just say no to people who tell you to say no to techno and electronica!! lol, and also listen to Boards of Canada of course. The first song on their myspace Dayvan Cowboy is excellent, so chilled out.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=29144021
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    I do - I'm a dance/fitness instructor and danced all my life. Much of the music we get for routines is techno. I don't really have time to keep up with the names but I like the sound. I saw Daft Punk at Lolla, and thought it was fabulous - kept making up my own dances to it since there was space to move. Perhaps you have to be able to at least keep a beat to like this type of music! (Not everyone can)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • JuberooJuberoo Posts: 472
    ewww no...Techno music gives me a headache and makes my nerves all jumbly. It also induces seizures in epileptics.
    Makes much more sense, to live in the present tense.

A truly liberal person is conservative when necessary.

Pro-life by choice.
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    stu gee wrote:
    Ive never liked Daft Punk.

Same here very annoying, I'm going to Retro meets Gatecrasher on sunday at Tall Trees. lots of dutch trance Ronald van someone or other Geeren I think, Marccel Woods and Ferry Corsten. Fuck the Retro bit.:p
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
    Same here very annoying, I'm going to Retro meets Gatecrasher on sunday at Tall Trees. lots of dutch trance Ronald van someone or other Geeren I think, Marccel Woods and Ferry Corsten. Fuck the Retro bit.:p

I still like Trance but im more into Techno and House, havent been to a Trance night in maybe 18 months or so. I go to a night at the Arches in Glasgow (a club recently voted 10th best in the world last year in DJ magazine, not bad when you consider the rest in the top ten were all in places like London, Ibiza and Miami!) called Pressure which is always great, organised by Stuart McMillian and Orde Meikle of Slam. Next night im going there is next month to see Hawtin, Felix, Slam, and Vitalic.

Was at T in the Park Festival this year as well and the Slam Tent was amazing. Saw Josh Wink, Slam, Felix Da Housecat, Hardfloor and Dave Clarke one after the other on the Sunday, and the day before i saw Andrew Weatherall and Adam Beyer. I love going clubbing, i know a lot of people who like rock cant stand it but im not bothered. I listen to and love as much rock/indie/grunge/metal as i do dance music.
  • French House pretty much rocks my world.
    Saturnal wrote:
    French House pretty much rocks my world.

Not sure who you like but i saw Etienne De Crecy earlier in the he was excellent. http://www.myspace.com/etiennedecrecy

Also love the stuff etienne de crecy did with under super discount, especially this track.
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=mmZmqZVkOMo

Favourite electro album this year has been Digitalism's Idealism, Pogo is one of my favourite tracks in a while as well. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=anqmHoAALyM
  • I'm only a fan if Underworld and Deepdish.
  • do you like sitting on a spike bed?

...I don't:o
    I don't want to be the fool that's behind me but I am...

I'll Hold The Pain... Release...

Yourself
  • larslars Posts: 524
    Scooter!!!!! Faster, Harder, Scooooooter!
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    If The Crystal Method Qualifies they are fucking awesome. Daft punk was pretty good live at LPZA. I dig NIN instrumentals and his techno remixes.
  • Them-BonesThem-Bones Posts: 518
    I like to take techno cd's and anime dvds and I break em.
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • ZanneZanne Posts: 899
    Those two words should not be used in the same sentence, in my humble opinion.
    Just me
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    no. i do not like techno music.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    not really...but I'll give anything a chance.
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    I'm unbeatable at Techmo Bowl.

That's because you haven't played me yet. :D

Back on topic, techno music -- and all dance music -- is fucking gay. I used to listen to Technotronic and C&C Music Factory back in elementary school... but then I started to listen to real music in sixth grade.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Odin wrote:
    Back on topic, techno music -- and all dance music -- is fucking gay. I used to listen to Technotronic and C&C Music Factory back in elementary school... but then I started to listen to real music in sixth grade.

PEEPLE WHO LISTEN 2 TECHNO ARE FAGS
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • wrong board sorry
    The world is like a ride in an amusement park, and when you choose to go on it you think it's real because that's how powerful our minds are. The ride goes up and down, around and around, it has thrills and chills, and it's very brightly colored, and it's very loud, and it's fun for a while. Many people have been on the ride a long time, and they begin to wonder, "Hey, is this real, or is this just a ride?" And other people have remembered, and they come back to us and say, "Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever. Because this is just a ride." And we...kill those people. "Shut him up! I've got a lot invested in this ride, shut him up! Look at my furrows of worry, look at my big bank account, and my family. This has to be real." It's just a ride. But we always kill the good guys who try and tell us that, you ever notice that? And let the demons run amok? But it doesn't matter, because it's just a ride. And we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings of money. Just a simple choice, right now, between fear and love. The eyes of fear want you to put bigger locks on your doors, buy guns, close yourself off. The eyes of love instead see all of us as one. Here's what we can do to change the world, right now, to a better ride. Take all that money we spend on weapons and defenses each year and instead spend it feeding and clothing and educating the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded, and we could explore space, together, both inner and outer, forever, in peace.
    --Bill Hicks
  • 12345AGNST112345AGNST1 Posts: 4,906
    hmmm...............................................NO.
    5/28/06, 6/27/08, 10/28/09, 5/18/10, 5/21/10
    8/7/08, 6/9/09
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    i fucking loathe it... it makes me want to kill orphans and poke random, but nevertheless good-willed, charity workers in the face with a blunt cannon
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    Hear the same old fucking 'i listen to real music' shit all the time and it makes me like electronic music even more as i know it is winding up the pricks that say that stuff. Im just happy i can find great enjoyment in all sorts of music including techno and electronica. i feel sorry for those who dismiss it but im not really bothered what anyone says about my musical taste. Think ill put a techno mix on just now as loud as it can go to piss all my neighbours off.

"People who listen to techno are fags" - Lol, get a fucking grip of youself.
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    I have always hated it every since it broke in the mid 90's. The fact that you have to take an 'e' to enjoy says it all.
  • JennytreeJennytree Posts: 5,340
    I kinda like it... well like gothy techno music!

And Scooter... rarr! Used to be really into Mauro Picotto years ago... kinda hard house techno that doesn't involve really squeaky female vocalists :)

jaysis,.. I have such an odd taste in music!
    This is me:
    http://www.facebook.com/jennytree

SMELL YER MA!
    fada wrote:
    The fact that you have to take an 'e' to enjoy says it all.

That's news to me.

Stuff like Scooter, Cascada, Dj Sammy etc i hate, but i love real techno.
  • Ya, while the rest of you are listening to "real music" and going to indie rock shows, I'll be in the tents with stu gee acting all faggy, and dancing with hotter women..
  • emily18emily18 Posts: 489
    i'm not a fan of techno, but i'll admit it's fun dancing to it in the car :cool: :p
    I can put the some of the best nights of my life down to going clubbing, some really amazing experiences. I realise that a lot of people dont like dance music but i couldnt care less, especially when im actually in a place dancing away with thousands of other like minded people having the time of our lives. I feel sorry for people that cant find the same enjoyment from it that i do.

I was at this event in the Slam Tent at T in the Park this year, was unreal and the atmosphere was incredible. Josh Wink - http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=b-e7sMoVntA

Was also at this night at the Arches in Glasgow, one of favourite nights in there without a doubt. http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=v4ohoGHvfvs