I miss Gavin Rossdale in Bush

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited January 2008 in Other Music
Is there any gavin news? I was playing an old cd the other day and I really miss his voice.
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• cornnifercornnifer Posts: 2,130
    iluvcats wrote:
    Is there any gavin news? I was playing an old cd the other day and I really miss his voice.

This just off the wire:

Gavin Rossdale currently banging the heck out of Gwen Stefani and doing nothing else productive.
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    cornnifer wrote:
    This just off the wire:

Gavin Rossdale currently banging the heck out of Gwen Stefani and doing nothing else productive.

hey that's not nice. I've seen pics of him taking Kingston for a walk.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    hey that's not nice. I've seen pics of him taking Kingston for a walk.

What, you think he's NOT hittin' that? ;)
    "When all your friends and sedatives mean well but make it worse... better find yourself a place to level out."
    cornnifer wrote:
    What, you think he's NOT hittin' that? ;)

well they are married; he should be. and if she's not, she's nuts.

I thought he is making a solo album.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:

must be scheduled for release the same day as "Chinese Democracy".
    More breaking news from the wire:

Gavin Rossdale STILL trying to find his "asshole brother".
    cornnifer wrote:
    More breaking news from the wire:

Gavin Rossdale STILL trying to find his "asshole brother".

do you like gavin? I've only seen him with Institute. I met him. He was gorgeous.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    iluvcats wrote:
    hey that's not nice.

If he is not then I sure as hell will take his place.
    iluvcats wrote:
    do you like gavin? I've only seen him with Institute. I met him. He was gorgeous.

i'll admit i thought 16 stone was o.k. i'm a staunch heterosexual man, however, so can't really comment on his gorgeousness.
    cornnifer wrote:
    i'll admit i thought 16 stone was o.k. i'm a staunch heterosexual man, however, so can't really comment on his gorgeousness.

well I am hetero also and I can think another woman is attractive.
    Gwen is not nearly as good looking as he is. You (and my husband) can blast me all you want; I don't care. I think she looks like a gold fish (so does angelina jolet)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Unfortunately he's still proving that no-talent, undeserving people can be famous, rich rock stars married to hot girls.

he is pretty though
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    I cant stand to listen to Bush anymore, their songs remind me too much of Nickelback and such.
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
    MrSmith wrote:
    Unfortunately he's still proving that no-talent, undeserving people can be famous, rich rock stars married to hot girls.

he is pretty though

I like his voice. I liked him before I liked Pearl Jam.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    well I am hetero also and I can think another woman is attractive.
    Gwen is not nearly as good looking as he is. You (and my husband) can blast me all you want; I don't care. I think she looks like a gold fish (so does angelina jolet)

Honestly, i don't think stefani is all that beautiful. Angelina Jolie is smokin' hot though. You MUST be a straight chick. :)
  • iluvcats wrote:
    I like his voice. I liked him before I liked Pearl Jam.

heh i think i did too actually. but i was young and dumb...
    cornnifer wrote:
    Honestly, i don't think stefani is all that beautiful. Angelina Jolie is smokin' hot though. You MUST be a straight chick. :)

yes I'm straight (and old). I think angelina was prettier as a blonde in that stupid movie with nicolas cage where they stole cars. And I liked gwen better in No Doubt that whatever she's been doing in the past few years.

gavin shaved his hair off, did you see that? it's growing back though.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    iluvcats wrote:

No, I thought that I heard that he's in a new band that is working on a new album
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • saw bush many years ago..they were damn good in concert..too bad they couldnt survive
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00
    8/18/00
    8/20/00
    6/22/03
    10/2/04
    8/5/07
  • Bush still on hiatus

Institute now on hiatus

Gavin is working on his first solo album.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • I saw them three times from '95 to '96. They were awesome. Best time was the first show I saw. His voice was very strong and they were so new all they had was material from Sixteen Stone. Gavin came out and did Glycerin by himself to start the show and they did REM's This One Goes Out and UFO's London Calling at the end.
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.

• pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    As much as I don't like Bush, I would rather have them release another 10,000 albums and play each song as much as Glycerine was played on the radio than have Gwen Stefani release another single.
    I hate that woman(although, I would also like to debate on the thought of her being female)
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    Sorry about the double post, I have no idea how that happened!
  • GVN2FLIGVN2FLI Posts: 46
    interestingly, I've only seen Bush(the band) once and No Doubt was the opening act. Both were great! I recall No Doubt coming out to the Imperial March(Star Wars) and that Bush closed with an REM cover, This One Goes Out To The One I Love.

This was in good ol' El Paso...95 I think.
    I am Jack, The Pumpkin King!
    The eyes are the groin of the head.
  • I believe he has a solo album due this spring.
    He has been hitting the big screen a little the past couple of years to.
    The only thing I enjoy is having no feelings....being numb rocks!

And I won't make the same mistakes
    (Because I know)
    Because I know how much time that wastes
    (And function)
    Function is the key
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    like them or don't them: you have to admit that he sounds like Kurt Cobain doing an impersonation of Eddie Vedder
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Saw Bush twice back in the day on the sixteen stone and Razorblade suitcase tours. Great live show, but the last two albums just weren't that great, and I didn't really care for institute, but Bush live in concert is great.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    Wow, a lot of Bush hate.....

I thought they were pretty good, well Sixteen Stone and Razorblade anyway.....

they were far better than Creed/Nickelback/Godsmack/Daughtry/Puddle of Mudd (were they being ironic) and all that other chest beating shit.....
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    i loved bush back in the day. saw them in 97 here in van still have the concert tee, in great condition too.. 6teenstone and razrblade suitcase were awesome

wiki had this to say:

In 2007, on Rossdale's website, he has announced that he is now working on new music. It will be a solo album, and he is very happy with the sound of the album, citing he went back to his roots from Bush. Rossdale's single, "Can't Stop the World," is the introduction theme to Fox's programme, Drive.

In 2007, he covered John Lennon's "Mind Games" for the album Instant Karma: The Amnesty International Campaign to Save Darfur. Later that year, Gavin finished recording his first solo record entitled Wanderlust. It is expected out in early 2008. He also made a guest appearance on the DT8 Project album Perfect World, taking lead vocals and co-writing the track Falling.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Cropduster84Cropduster84 Posts: 1,283
    'The more I studied religions the more I am convinced that man never worshipped anything but himself.' - Sir Richard Francis Burton
  • Wow, a lot of Bush hate.....

I thought they were pretty good, well Sixteen Stone and Razorblade anyway.....

they were far better than Creed/Nickelback/Godsmack/Daughtry/Puddle of Mudd (were they being ironic) and all that other chest beating shit.....

I liked 16stone and Razorblade back in the day. But they sound pretty generic to me now, esp 16stone. And I wasn't interested in Science of things when it came out, but I later got it for free and realized I like it better than the previous two. Good album, IMO..... didn't sound as contrived as the others. Whatever Bush did after that, I have no idea.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown