I think this is a terrible song

2»

Comments

• iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    It was a great song even before it was used in Apocalypse Now, when I used to listen to it late at night (for added effect.) I didn't see the Doors movie ... I missed the real Jim too much to want to see him portrayed by an actor ... plus I got all the info I needed from reading "No One Here Gets Out Alive." Jeez, I'm dating myself big time, aren't I?

Anyway, when you're digging through the vinyl bins, look for this one: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=A2so20rnac489

I highly recommend it. :)

just how old are you? believe it or not, I am not the oldest on this board. we have some people here over 50 (they rock!!!)

I no longer have a record player. Have not had one since I left my first husband in 1984. I still have my old albums though collecting dust in the closet. The picture on the back of the Journey (Infinity) album (1978) is good for a laugh. The big moustaches, shag haircuts or afros, polyester bell bottoms with something very promenately displayed...

but I will keep that album Doors in mind or I'll go look for it at Record and Tape traders.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    iluvcats wrote:
    I did not mean it sounds terrible.

I don't like this

He went into the room where his sister lived, and...then he
    Paid a visit to his brother, and then he
    He walked on down the hall, and
    And he came to a door...and he looked inside
    Father, yes son, I want to kill you
    Mother...i want to...fuck you

I'm guessing you've never done any drugs?
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
    yield2me wrote:
    I'm guessing you've never done any drugs?

I think people who admit to doing drugs or talk about drugs on message boards are dumb

:)

no comment about drugs.

the thread needs to be locked. I'm obviously different that you all and this could go on for days.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    I wouldn't say the end is a terrible song at all amigo.

The vibe of the song is amazing. The sombre feeling it gives out.
  • yield2meyield2me Posts: 1,291
    iluvcats wrote:
    I think people who admit to doing drugs or talk about drugs on message boards are dumb

no comment about drugs.

the thread needs to be locked. I'm obviously different that you all and this could go on for days.

well you opened this can of worms and you can't really talk about the doors without talking about drugs...sorry.
    “May you live to be 100 and may the last voice you hear be mine.” - Frank Sinatra
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    There is a awesome performance of the end with The Doors and Travis Meeks in the storytellers. Everybody get drug, that`s the life.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
    Neruda25 wrote:
    There is a awesome performance of the end with The Doors and Travis Meeks in the storytellers. Everybody get drug, that`s the life.

where is storytellers, on VH-1?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Too much drugs - bad

The wrong drugs - very bad

Campaigning for yourself tirelessly about never doing drugs - just as bad.

These things are out there and used responsibly can lead to a profound experience in your life. A little weed or psychadelic dabbling can, if you'll excuse the phrase, 'expand your mind'. It's not just a funny hippie cliche, it's a truth.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
    Too much drugs - bad

The wrong drugs - very bad

Campaigning for yourself tirelessly about never doing drugs - just as bad.

These things are out there and used responsibly can lead to a profound experience in your life. A little weed or psychadelic dabbling can, if you'll excuse the phrase, 'expand your mind'. It's not just a funny hippie cliche, it's a truth.

yes I read the LSD thread that was on the AET a few weeks ago.
    I just don't understand why JM died. I thought when I was a child, that they said he died in the tub of natural causes....now this weekend I've read different reasons he died, heart attack, his girlfriend shot him up with heroin, then I read there was no autopsy. I've read like 3 conflicting things plus you never know what is true.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    iluvcats wrote:

no comment about drugs.

why are they dumb? because they choose to live their lives in a different way? I don't think you are dumb for not taking drugs but its not my place to say that people who do are dumb either.

just my five cents :)
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    Jeremy1012 wrote:
    why are they dumb? because they choose to live their lives in a different way? I don't think you are dumb for not taking drugs but its not my place to say that people who do are dumb either.

just my five cents :)

no, not b/c they chose to live their lives in a different way, and do drugs.
    I will tell you in a pm

10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    It's the sort of song you grow out of.

Totally agree. First time I heard it, I thought it was bone-chilling and etc, now it bores me, unless I'm watching Apocalypsis Now, it fits perfectly with the initial sequence of Martin Sheen.

The movie is so-so, for me it fails to explain why Jim Morrison was the way he was. It only delves into his drunken antics and his fascination with death. The movie does not even asks why. As many Oliver Stones, great filming and editing, but bad scripting...

To Neruda25, I don't want to pick a fight with you at all, but IMHO Pablo Neruda is greatly overrated...
  • hippiemomhippiemom Posts: 3,326
    iluvcats wrote:
    most definitely :) i am a hick prude who is not into poetry.

sort of off topic:
    i met a lady on the riders on the storm board who has watched the doors' movie 65 times.
    Obviously a masochist. I couldn't even watch it once, and I've been a Doors fan since I was a tiny little kid back in the 60s.
    "Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity." ~ MLK, 1963
    hippiemom wrote:
    Obviously a masochist. I couldn't even watch it once, and I've been a Doors fan since I was a tiny little kid back in the 60s.

so have you ever seen the 21st century doors, Riders on the Storm?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • bharQbharQ Posts: 1,201
    Classic Morrison, maturing like a fine wine still provoking thoughts and sparking arguments amongst people today, the work of a true artist.

agreed
    09/04/05 - Calgary, AB
    08/02/07 - LOLLA!!!
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    iluvcats wrote:
    Wow, and you have a nice day, big man behind his monitor. Would you tell me that to my face because I expressed my opinion?

yes, i would say that to your face......why wouldnt i?

i am an australian male...the word fuck quite often pops up into most conversations!
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......
  • bigmuzzbigmuzz Posts: 299
    It was a great song even before it was used in Apocalypse Now, when I used to listen to it late at night (for added effect.) I didn't see the Doors movie ... I missed the real Jim too much to want to see him portrayed by an actor ... plus I got all the info I needed from reading "No One Here Gets Out Alive." Jeez, I'm dating myself big time, aren't I?

Anyway, when you're digging through the vinyl bins, look for this one: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=A2so20rnac489

I highly recommend it. :)

No-one Here Gets Out Alive= fucken awesome book.

i got into the doors cos one of my aunties is heavily into them, and i borrowed the book off her, and it was great.

some of the best songs to pick at karaoke are doors song! :)
    Sydney Wed 8 Nov 2006....

when all are one and one is all, to be a rock and not to roll.........

see me @ www.myspace.com/bigmuzz

keep on rockin!.......