Options

Stadium Arcadium is a Bust

2»

Comments

• Options
    Enjoying SA so far. Still a bit early for a final verdict. Like many have said before, John Frusciante is a genious. Put the headphones on and check out his tone. hair raising stuff imho.
  • Options
    El Riot ActorEl Riot Actor Posts: 246
    The 2nd disc is excellent from song 1 through 14, i am just starting to dig the first disc.... great stuff!!!
  • Options
    Clifwith1fClifwith1f Posts: 143
    I think SA is some of their best work. They've really matured as a band. I love both discs.
  • Options
    GrungebloodGrungeblood Posts: 64
    its too much of the same stuff, but its alright.
    "I write a letter to a friend of mine
    I tell him how much I used to love watch him smile
    See I haven't seen him smile in a little while
    Haven't seen him smile in a little while
    But, I know you're laughing from the inside out."
    Blind Melon - Mouthfull of cavities
    R.I.P. JEN
  • Options
    MCGMCG Posts: 780
    CousinEddy wrote:
    I hate to say it but from what i have listened to so far (3/4 of the album) the new chili peppers album is very disapointing for me. I thought by the way was their best work by far and was stoked for this new album. Alot of this album sounds like they have regressed to their sound of like the late 80's. BORING! hopefully it grows on me but as for now i am totally let down. anyone else feel the same?

I don't think I could disagree with you more. I thought "By the Way" was by far the worst RHCP's cd I'd heard in a great many years. Stadium Arcadium, Califonication, One Hot Minute and Blood Sugar Sex Magic all beat the shit out of By the Way. "Stadium Arcadium" seems to take elements from previous works and put them out there in a new and enjoyable way.
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • Options
    this should have been ONE album. but i'm happy that they're still making music. frusciante is fuckin brilliant.
    Give way to nature ...