Options

Limited Edition Ames Finally Sold Out

SkeeterBSkeeterB If I knew where it was, I would take you there... Posts: 422
edited March 2008 in The Porch
Congrats to all those produced it and purchased it!

Mine will always be kept in its wrap. The value of the book has gone up. I will never sell the book unless I desperately need money.
Fighting childhood obesity...
www.amazingathletes.com/northchi
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    So you bought it as an investment?

Why not open the book? It really us beautiful inside :)

I have the standard edition and it's awesome. I actually didn't buy the limited edition per se. My wife bought it for my 35th birthday. After being petrified to open it because it looked so cool, I bought the Standard Edition. I don't ever plan on selling the limited edition book, though. I do agree it's weird that I didn't open it, though. I'm not a flipper or an investor (like Speedy). I think it's just something cool to have in like 12 years or so, when the band is doing their Vote for Change 2020 tour!!!
  • Options
    GangstacroGangstacro Posts: 104

Mine will always be kept in its wrap. The value of the book has gone up. I will never sell the book unless I desperately need money.

You should open the book and enjoy it, albeit carefully.

The wrap is a thin saran wrap plastic that easily rips. I was going to not open mine till my wife barely touched it and the wrap ripped.

If you think that having the original wrap will give it extra value, think again because it can easily be re-wrapped after opening. There is no special identifier on the wrap which prooves its original. If you never plan to sell, why not enjoy it?
  • Options
    mjbmjb Posts: 1,314
    Opened it even though it killed me - actually framed the mini-prints and they look great as a set without looking as though I have adorned my wall in PJ posters (not that there is anything wrong with that, but my wife didn't like the Toronto 06' Dragons in the dining room)...I like the idea of keeping it sealed, but I am not selling it in reality...kinda like my bison 06' limited tour hoodie. I knew I wouldn't wear it, I knew it might be "worth something", but I know I wouldn't sell it (any idea if it is actually "worth something"????)
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    open the damn thing
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    mine was a christmas gift from my kids and wife,i figured i would never sell anything that was a gift from my family so i might as well enjoy it,i dont really think it is gonna be worth much more than face value anyway,it has taken ages to sellout.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    the liner notes are what make this book

and the mylar sheets are pretty friggin cool
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,717
    awesome piece of work, getb itn open man and enjoy whats on offer, the extras are well worth it.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,359
    Mine will always be kept in its wrap.

What a fucking waste of money.
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:

Couldn't agree more.
  • Options
    chromiamchromiam Posts: 4,114
    TrAvELAr wrote:

Agreed....
    This is your notice that there is a problem with your signature. Please remove it.

Admin

Social awareness does not equal political activism!

5/23/2011- An utter embarrassment... ticketing failures too many to list.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    I'm not a flipper or an investor (like Speedy).

Like SPEEDY would say:

...he he he he he he he .... :D LOL!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,123
    I have the LTD edition, but I can't imagine having it and not looking at it. I still have my benaroya records in the wraps, but that is because my record player is busted. But since my eyeballs still work, I had to open the book.

Also, after several months to think about it, $200 was way too much for a book. It's a good thing I have a decent job.
  • Options
    it sounds like the OP is doing the same thing people do with vinyls. granted, his is not on ebay within the first half hour....but isnt he taking away something from somebody that they would enjoy, as he is just letting his sit like a cd? (the money cd). people here got friggin pissed when people said they were doing the same thing with the ITW vinyl, why is it not the case with this too? i certainly hope your times never get too rough were you have to sell it, but it seems like sitting on it wrapped with the possiblilty to make a profit seems wrong. someone else would love to rip it open and see whats inside.
    Mansfield II: # 23, since '03

routine was the theme..

there aint gonna be any middle any more
  • Options
    chinobaezachinobaeza Santiago Posts: 2,489
    ....and I'm still waiting for my book to arrive...
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    it sounds like the OP is doing the same thing people do with vinyls. granted, his is not on ebay within the first half hour....but isnt he taking away something from somebody that they would enjoy, as he is just letting his sit like a cd? (the money cd). people here got friggin pissed when people said they were doing the same thing with the ITW vinyl, why is it not the case with this too? i certainly hope your times never get too rough were you have to sell it, but it seems like sitting on it wrapped with the possiblilty to make a profit seems wrong. someone else would love to rip it open and see whats inside.
    dont get it at all... the value probably wouldnt even be greatly reduced as long as you open and look carefully... and i think theres less outrage because it took so long to sell out so we can assume everyone who wanted one got one... i think itll be pretty desirable down the road tho as more new fans get into poster collecting... i mean, who would think that stupid desktop basketball set would ever be worth money??
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    TrAvELAr wrote:

Well, besides the mylar stuff and liner notes, what else is the difference between the two books?

It's not like I haven't looked at it (since I have the standard edition).

Whatevs.
  • Options
    KDH12KDH12 Posts: 2,095
    Well, besides the mylar stuff and liner notes, what else is the difference between the two books?

It's not like I haven't looked at it (since I have the standard edition).

Whatevs.

It has more pages which mean more information beyond the mylar overlays..... not sure what you mean by liner notes..... it has pages that show original drawings......

and of course a page of authenticity which is singed and numbered....
    **CUBS GO ALL THE WAY IN......never **
  • Options
    camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    open it... or find a friend who has it and pay him 10 dollars to look at his. and just rip out the extra pages and put them in your lame standard version.

just don't let your friend know you did it.
    i like sound...
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,808
    I have the standard edition and it's awesome. I actually didn't buy the limited edition per se. My wife bought it for my 35th birthday. After being petrified to open it because it looked so cool, I bought the Standard Edition. I don't ever plan on selling the limited edition book, though. I do agree it's weird that I didn't open it, though. I'm not a flipper or an investor (like Speedy). I think it's just something cool to have in like 12 years or so, when the band is doing their Vote for Change 2020 tour!!!
    the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.....

you must no longer be in denial....

so...cmon ...say it.....

I ...."DONT GIMMEE NO LIP"......AM A FLIPPER!!!!!!!!
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    dannydanny Posts: 2,270

its awesome!
    danny d
  • Options
    LedbetterusLedbetterus Posts: 592
    If I had the money to do so, I would buy two of everything. But as it stands right now I buy what I can to enjoy it, not to observe it. I have all but No Code and Binaural on Vinyl (no Benny either :(), and I play the shit out of all of them! I consider myself a collector, but I'd rather enjoy my collections.

I wish I could have gotten the ltd edition of the book just to hide somewhere, but I got the standard edition and it looks like a doctor's office magazine.. I've rifled through the pages so much because it's fucking awesome.

Collect, enjoy, same thing really. Some people just enjoy having this stuff. And that makes them happy.

To each their own really.
    Abraham Lincoln once said, "If you are a racist, I will attack you with the North."
  • Options
    the first step to recovery is admitting you have a problem.....

you must no longer be in denial....

so...cmon ...say it.....

I ...."DONT GIMMEE NO LIP"......AM A FLIPPER!!!!!!!!

Hell No. I would never want to be associated with those bastards!!! BTW, Speedy, you should heed your own advice...." I LOVE CINCY..."

Anyway, we're off topic here. The reason I started the thread was to congratulate the guys finally selling out the Limited Edition.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,880
    I need to get this book.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    hopethatuchokehopethatuchoke Posts: 2,930
    SVRDhand13 wrote:
    I need to get this book.

Thanks for letting us know :)
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    one is going on ebay for $750 unopened
  • Options
    OrangeBugOrangeBug Denver Posts: 182
    thunderDAN wrote:
    one is going on ebay for $750 unopened

The bidding on that looks suspicious. Its the same two people bidding the price up. I call shill! Someone should report it. :)
    ... are we going to the same place?
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    you might want to open it or the mylar pages will stick together and you wont be able to open them

:D