Weezer Split

2»

Comments

• reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    brain of c wrote:
    it's not over, rivers said he can't stop writing songs, they will go somewhere.

Please dont tell me he's writing about Auburn Hills now?
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    say it ain't so :(

i got my hash pipe.
  • CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    AxlUlrich wrote:
    say it ain't so :(
    hahaha!!
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    I loved Pinkerton and Blue album. Pinkerton is by far their most epic masterpiece.
    I am glad I got my chance to see Weezer live. I never had any desire to see them on a headlining tour, but when they co headlined with Foo fighters, I was pleased with their performance and setlist. I really liked hearing in the garage live, as well as why bother, and perfect situation. I didn't think Make Believe is a bad as some say, but Malodroit and Green album were disapointing.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • darkcrowdarkcrow Posts: 1,102
    this always happens. im sure they will reform soon enough.... althouhg i thought make believe was aweful and im a huge weezer fan. :(
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    I wish they would just make one more GOOD album (and they haven't done that since Pinkerton) so I could remember them in a much better light. "Suzanne" is a fucking sweet song! Remember "Suzanne"???
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • i honestly think maladriot was amazing. i listen to it more than any other weezer album.

but make believe is a sad way to go out. i bought it the day it came out and i was so excited, but it doesn't get the rotation as the other ones.

still dissapointed because i still consider weezer one of my favorite bands. i think the blue album was the first album i bought. i was 10 at the time.
    "There's a $10,000 bill in it for you."
    "Oh yeah? Which president's on it?"
    "Uh, all of them. They're having a party. Jimmy Carter's passed out on the couch."

Columbus 2000
    Columbus 2003
    Hershey 2003
    Toledo 2004
    Cincinnati 2006
    Chicago/Lollapalooza 2007
    Columbus 2010
    Chicago/Wrigley 2013
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Portland 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
  • AxlUlrichAxlUlrich Posts: 12,652
    brainofPJ wrote:
    probably had somethng to do with the last album...
    doubt it...it even sold more than Pinkerton and went platinum in the US.

one of me fave bands ever..so hope this hiatus aint long like the last time they disappeared for 4 yrs or so...
    LIVERPOOL FC -18 time League Champions-15 time Charity Shield Holders-7 time League Cup Winners-7 time FA Cup Winners-5 time European Champions-4 time UEFA Cup Winners-3 time European Super Cup Winners-1 time World Super Cup Winners

Walk on with hope in your heart
    YNWA
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    MCG wrote:
    I wish they would just make one more GOOD album (and they haven't done that since Pinkerton) so I could remember them in a much better light. "Suzanne" is a fucking sweet song! Remember "Suzanne"???

she is all I ever wanted in a girl
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • BrainOfJDBrainOfJD Posts: 242
    Sad to see them go but I agree with the majority oipinion here. They were definitely on a downward slide.

Green Album had some great songs IMO - I'm surprised by the hate for it. Hash Pipe, Don't Let Go, even Island In the Sun were tight.
    10 million dune buggies comin' down the mountain