8-20-92 \ 6-16-08
    10-4-96 \ 5-6-10
    9-6-98 \ 5-7-10
    4-19-03 \ 9-22-12
    10-6-04 \ 7-19-13
    6-24-06 \ 12-6-13
    10-1-14 \ 4-16-16
    \ 4-26-16 \
  • I'll admit that I do have a lot of embarrassing guilty pleasures loaded up on my Ipod. My range of music really runs all over the place.

However, I think I have one that will trump most of the ones I've read here:

Hootie & The Blowfish - most of the songs from their first 2 albums

Yup. I said it....guess I'll go crawl back into the hole from whence I came.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    smarchee wrote:
    I Remember You by Skid Row.
    I'm not embarressed by that one i like it and i'll tell anyone :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    ejny wrote:
    I'll admit that I do have a lot of embarrassing guilty pleasures loaded up on my Ipod. My range of music really runs all over the place.

However, I think I have one that will trump most of the ones I've read here:

Hootie & The Blowfish - most of the songs from their first 2 albums

Yup. I said it....guess I'll go crawl back into the hole from whence I came.

hootie is awesome :)
  • slightly less embarrassing but probably disdained by the super-hip people on here: bryan adams, kid rock, bon jovi.

1.) Bryan Adams is less embarassing than nothing. :D

2.) Bon Jovi rocks!*

*As a resident of the state of New Jersey, I am legally required to say that. :o
  • knitted wrote:
    pearl jam!

no shit, i have friends who are such music snobs it's just a pain in the arse when they find out i love pj.

lol :D

I'm kind of with you on that. ;)
  • CaterinaACaterinaA Posts: 572
    My latest guilty pleasure is this really cheesy song by Manic Street Preachers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyrJJxGWQ5g

But I have others much more embarassing :D, like Total Eclypse of the Heart (yeap, the Bonnie Tyler song) and Since U been Gone...
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Toto - Africa
    that's a great song. why be embarrassed?
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    I'm proud to like the GGD

I like Linkin Park. :(
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • SemiCharmed life - third eye blind.

i got laid to that song, so i can't really hate it now. :)
  • tatu is probably the pussiest band I listen to. It's so poppy I can't resist.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • Maroon 5

What happened to this band? Their first album was kind of funky and cool and this latest album sounds like a Justin Timberlake crap fest. I'm waiting for them all to hire a choreographer and start doing dance routines. The Horror!
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    that's a great song. why be embarrassed?

Uh no! Africa by Toto could possibly be one of the cheesiest songs ever recorded, right up there with that "We built this city" by Starship or whatever the fuck they called themselves at the time. I still can't believe that band went from "White Rabbit" to "We built this city." They should have stayed on acid.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • KannKann Posts: 1,146
    I like "confide in me" by kylie minogue and I have no idea why. Like that song since the first time I head it in my teens.
    I'm not ashamed of any band though.
  • RicsardRicsard Posts: 1,943
    My Chemical Romance--everything by them....but I've been a fan since the first album

back when they got some love on this board

I am not really embarressed about any music I like and I don't give a shit about what others think of my favourites.
    And My Chemical Romance is a fuckin great band! See them next week for the first time, really looking forward to that!!!
    Budapest.Budapest.Arnhem.Antwerpen.Vienna.Madrid.Katowice.Nova_rock.Nijmegen.Rotterdam.Berlin.Dublin.Belfast.London.Venice.Prague.Stockholm.Copenhagen.Vienna.Leeds.Milton_keynes.Padova.Prague.Seattle1.Seattle2.Chicago1.Budapest.Cracow.Vienna..>>>LONDON.BERLIN1.BERLIN2
    Eddie: Dublin & London
  • SoupySoupy Posts: 171
    Duran Duran - The Chauffeur

The greatest song ever recorded in the 80's.
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    Band:
    Bon Jovi

Song:
    Lee Major - 'Unknown Stuntman'
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    Uh no! Africa by Toto could possibly be one of the cheesiest songs ever recorded, right up there with that "We built this city" by Starship or whatever the fuck they called themselves at the time. I still can't believe that band went from "White Rabbit" to "We built this city." They should have stayed on acid.
    we built this city is horrifying, Africa is just delightfully cheesy and has a great tune.

watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1fB62cGbo
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • pirlo21pirlo21 Posts: 534
    What's that track by Starship? Nothing's Gonna Stop Us Now, or something like that. Quality cheese.
    Cymru Am Byth

PJ albums, at the moment!! -
    1,Vs 2,Vitalogy 3,No Code 4,Yield 5,Ten 6,Backspacer, 7Pearl Jam 8,Binaural 9,Riot Act.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    drunkcow wrote:
    tatu is probably the pussiest band I listen to. It's so poppy I can't resist.

arent they the teenage russian lesbians?
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Soupy wrote:
    Duran Duran - The Chauffeur

The greatest song ever recorded in the 80's.

awesome tune!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am very surprised to see classics like Billy Joel and Paul Simon being mentioned here. Nothing to be embarassed about....
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    we built this city is horrifying, Africa is just delightfully cheesy and has a great tune.

watch this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt1fB62cGbo

Great that guy is a good guitar player.....it's still a horrible song. I'm going to have to quote my dearly departed Granny here...."You can't polish a turd."
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • Check out the carrie underwood version of I remember you I mentioned previously

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=34K1E9BG
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Just about anything by Enrique Iglesias :o

I should add he did sing a song written by Bruce - maybe that gives him a little cred.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    JaneNY wrote:
    Just about anything by Enrique Iglesias :o

I should add he did sing a song written by Bruce - maybe that gives him a little cred.

Hero is a killer :0
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    "Mmm Mmm Mmm" by Crash Test Dummies. That's my karaoke song of choice.
  • mulva9 wrote:
    "Mmm Mmm Mmm" by Crash Test Dummies. That's my karaoke song of choice.

Ouch...thanks a lot, it took me years to get that retarded song out of my head.
    one foot in the door
    -The Replacements-
  • The whole Timbaland cd.
    when you get confused just listen to the music play........

"You damn well can't lick the system,but you can sure give it a good fondeling."-sleazy estate man(Hugh Laurie on A bit of Fry and Laurie)

"Judas Priest on a two stroke moped!"(Stephen Fry)
  • gleemonexgleemonex Posts: 848
    Band - Brand New
    Song - The Sweet Escape by Gwen Stefani. Can't justify that one, I just like it.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • lisamlisam Posts: 75
    Mika
    Scissor Sister
    Andre Boccelli
    Tommy Lee
    Linkin Park
    Moltley Crue
    Poision

Not embarrassed, i like being diverse
    Shot me with your funk gun