Options

** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• Options
    Dirty MosquitoDirty Mosquito Chicago Posts: 621
    bgirl59 wrote:
    More importantly--what time does Pearl Jam go on stage at the Vic?? My plane lands at 10:30 PM---anyone want to comment? Will I make the show if I get to the theatre at midnight?
    Freaking Out
    xoxoxooxox

Agreed!! I just want to know if I am going to have to get there at 9am and wait in line all day or if I can take my time. I have a higher number, but in a small venue it should be decent regardless.
    Alpine Valley 06-13-99 [EV-Solo]
    Alpine Valley 10-8-00 (The Icebowl)
    Chicago 05-16-06, 05-17-06
    Lollapalooza 08-05-07
    Chicago 08-22-08 [EV Solo]
    Chicago 08-23-09, 08-24-09
    Chicago 06-28-11, 06-29-11 [EV Solo]
    PJ20 Alpine Valley 09-03-11, 09-04-11
    Wrigley Field 07-19-13
    Wrigley Field 08-20-16, 08-22-16
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    bgirl59 wrote:
    More importantly--what time does Pearl Jam go on stage at the Vic?? My plane lands at 10:30 PM---anyone want to comment? Will I make the show if I get to the theatre at midnight?
    Freaking Out
    xoxoxooxox
    probably not
    and if so...maybe the baba o-ledbetter
    or yellow o'reily closing
    if you can, get an earlier flight
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    my thoughts exactly...hmmm

plans are made to be changed :D

I know, but it's within two weeks so airlines are going to make you pay the change fee plus the difference in ticket costs, which will be very high since it is only 9 days away.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I bitch because we usually hear news from other sources before the 10 club. I have to say this is the first i've heard of this so kudos to the 10club for being on the ball.

Perhaps a sign of the way things will go down in the future.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Poncier wrote:
    Boy I wish I lived in the midwest right about now.
    Good luck to everyone at getting tix.

we fly out thursday

back on friday
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    CaptainCalli24CaptainCalli24 Queens, NY Posts: 326
    wait why did you have to wait sooo long?
    i got braclet # 350 somthin...and they only gave out i think 500 tickets to the public that night....people were lined up for more than 24 hours who were in front of me on line....i am still looking for people i met on that line....tim from jersey and jen from ??? i think long island maybe queens...lol
    Nassau 4/30/03
    Irving Plaza 5/5/06
    Continental 6/1/06 6/3/06
    Chicago 8/5/07
    Camden2 6/20/08
    MSG 6/24/08 6/25/08
    Beacon Theatre 7/1/08
    Philly 10/28/09, 10/30/09, 10/31/09
    Hartford 5/15/10
    Newark 5/18/10
    MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10
    Alpine Valley 9/3/11, 9/3/12
    Wrigley 7/19/13
    Brooklyn 10/18/13, 10/19/13
    Philly 10/21/13
    Hartford 10/25/13
    Seattle 12/6/13
    Colbert 9/23/15
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philly 4/28/16, 4/29/16
    MSG 5/1/16, 5/2/16
    Fenway 8/5/16, 8/7/16, 8/2/18, 8/4/18
    Asbury Park 9/18/21
    Apollo 9/10/22
    Chicago 9/5/23,9/7/23
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,450
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    It's interesting we haven't received an email about this, yet? Has anyone received an email about this?

does it really matter whether or not they send an email?
  • Options
    Detroit2NYCDetroit2NYC New York, NY Posts: 337
    bgirl59 wrote:
    Freaking Out
    xoxoxooxox

I HOPE you make it, but I'm freaking out about an 830 arrival! Im actually going to try to catch an earlier flight via standby. Delta has 1 flight to Chicago from NY every hour, so I'm gonna leave work (Its my last day on the 2nd anyway) and keep trying on every flight!

I am making this show if its the last thing I do!
  • Options
    If anyone has an extra seat, I will gladly pay you to be your best friend for the night. Seriously. I live in Chicago so it's no problem with me getting there. Let me know
  • Options
    lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    bgirl59 wrote:
    Freaking Out
    xoxoxooxox

I hope youre joking about this.

If you cant be at the Vic by 7pm--not Ohare or Midway or the Loop, but at the theater--I wouldnt even consider it.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Questions so far;

1. Will the tickets be up under the main goods section (where Gorge box set is) or under Specials?

2. What time will they start handing out wristbands?

3. Once we get a wrist band, we can go get food/drink or do we need to wait there?

4. What time do we start lining up to actually get in (once we get wrist-banded)?
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    I hope youre joking about this.

If you cant be at the Vic by 7pm--not Ohare or Midway or the Loop, but at the theater--I wouldnt even consider it.

Why 7pm?
  • Options
    bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    luvistower wrote:
    probably not
    and if so...maybe the baba o-ledbetter
    or yellow o'reily closing
    if you can, get an earlier flight
    I wrote to Tenclub and asked them if I'd make it--they responded in less than 3 minutes and told me I won't make it if I land in Chi-town at 10:30 PM---so I am calling DELTA RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks everyone--hope to see you there!!!
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • Options
    AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Good luck bgirl, hope to see you there too!!
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    bgirl59 wrote:
    I wrote to Tenclub and asked them if I'd make it--they responded in less than 3 minutes and told me I won't make it if I land in Chi-town at 10:30 PM---so I am calling DELTA RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to know! Thanks for the heads up! Delta will tell you about the same day confirmation thing...thats what Im doing!
  • Options
    Why 7pm?

well, we dont have a showtime yet, so I would say 7 to be safe. it is insane to think that a flight landing at 8:30 will get you to Wrigleyville before 10pm.
    most shows in Chicago are over by 11 because these venues--Metro, Riv, Vic--are in areas where people live.

however, I tend to play it safe when it comes to time, and its your money...
    -

• Options
    RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    Why 7pm?
    I'm with you on this. If you've already ordered the ticket, aren't you guaranteed a spot? It's just a matter of picking up your wristband last, right?
  • Options
    There is not a public sale, so the majority of the tickets will go to fan club members.

Thanks
    10C Staff

Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 13:32:08 -0500
    To: <tickets@tenclub.net>
    Subject: Vic Theater show

Is this show fan club only? I dont mean the pre-sale, I mean the entire show.

In other words, does 10C have 85-100% of the tickets, or will it only be 10-15%?

Thanks.
    -

• Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    bgirl59 wrote:
    Hope it works out for you to reschedule. Good luck with getting tickets. See you there if we both get em.

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,818
    Redlegs wrote:
    I'm with you on this. If you've already ordered the ticket, aren't you guaranteed a spot? It's just a matter of picking up your wristband last, right?

That sounds right. You buy them through 10C, you & your ticket buddy wait on line to get your corresponding wrist band
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Options
    Redlegs wrote:

exactly! I will not give up hope!
  • Options
    NY PJ1NY PJ1 Posts: 9,533
    lowlight10 wrote:
    There is not a public sale, so the majority of the tickets will go to fan club members.

Thanks
    10C Staff

In other words, does 10C have 85-100% of the tickets, or will it only be 10-15%?

Thanks.

lol thats what they have to tell u

im sure u will get 2 tickets,,but their will be tickets on the st. and the brokers will have em also its the nature of the beast
  • Options
    TangerineTangerine Posts: 880
    OK, so say we get to Midway by 3 (carry on only so no luggage to pick up), take the el to the Congress Plaza , check in, shower and catch a cab will we make it in time??

Also, a tenclub member can buy tix and take a non-member, right?? I am one but my husband is not (shame on him) but I really don't want to have to leave him at the door ; )
    2006: Boston I, Camden II
    2007: Chicago
    2008: Hartford, Mansfield I & II, EV Boston
    2009: Philly III & IV
    2010: Boston
    2011: PJ20
    2012: Philly
    2013: Worcester I & II, Brooklyn I & II
  • Options
    luvisatowerluvisatower Posts: 1,078
    lowlight10 wrote:

Thanks
    10C Staff

Thanks.

thanks for that bit of info
    i was wondering the same thing
    Get it now, get enough, before its gone, let's everybody carry on, carry on....
    www.wishlistfoundation.org
    WE WANT YOU!!!!
    join the street team
    http://wishlistfoundation.fancorps.com

"headphones are highly recommended...." Jeff Ament
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    most shows in Chicago are over by 11 because these venues--Metro, Riv, Vic--are in areas where people live.

I don't know about that. The last few shows I've been to at Schuba's, the Metro, and the Vic have lasted till 12, 1, or later.

I do think you'd be pushing it if you got in any later than 7, though. But it's pointless to speculate until we have an actual show time.
    Tangerine wrote:
    OK, so say we get to Midway by 3 (carry on only so no luggage to pick up), take the el to the Congress Plaza , check in, shower and catch a cab will we make it in time??

Totally. No problem.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • Options
    USCJeffUSCJeff Posts: 92
    Just moved my flight back - now getting into Midway at 3!
  • Options
    I don't know about that. The last few shows I've been to at Schuba's, the Metro, and the Vic have lasted till 12, 1, or later.

those were probably weekend shows, right? and schuba's probably doesnt have the same rules since its more of a bar with a back porch than a venue.
    -

• Options
    PlantPage55PlantPage55 Posts: 136
    So we don't know what time the show is yet?
    Oh man do I want tickets to this!!! I hope I can click fast enough!
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?
  • Options
    lowlight10 wrote:
    those were probably weekend shows, right? and schuba's probably doesnt have the same rules since its more of a bar with a back porch than a venue.
    Nope, weekday. And Schuba's is in a very residential area, to get back to your original rationale for an 11 pm finishing time.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    But the fact that there is no public sale of these means that there is likely a good number of ticekts available for the 10C. In total, there are 700 pairs (ish), so we could have as many as 500 pairs available to us. That may be wishful thinking though...

exactly. of course scalpers will have them, thats not what I was asking. I just wanted to see what our chances are on thursday.
    -

This discussion has been closed.