** Vic Theatre Private Show on Aug. 2nd! ** updated

Comments

• iamicaiamica Posts: 2,628
    If anyone has an extra ticket, please PM me. I live in the city and am dying to go.
    Chicago 2000 : Chicago 2003 : Chicago 2006 : Summerfest 2006 : Lollapalooza 2007 : Chicago 2009 : Noblesville (Indy) 2010 : PJ20 (East Troy) 2011 : Wrigley Field 2013 : Milwaukee (Yield) 2014 : Wrigley Field 2016
  • ChiJammerChiJammer Posts: 54
    jimed14 wrote:
    They can't play Friday ... would be in conflict with Lolla ...
    Yea but if they were to play Friday I would skip Lolla that day!
    iamica wrote:
    If anyone has an extra ticket, please PM me. I live in the city and am dying to go.
    Me too! Willing to cover the $150 of both for 1 xtra!
  • hidinghiding Posts: 290
    jimed14 wrote:
    They can't play Friday ... would be in conflict with Lolla ...

they could play friday at HOB, they have been "closed" the whole weekend.

and they have no resevation for wed-mon.

think and lolla players will be there?

check the web site i did 6 mths ago....
    one love

respect
  • InHiding19InHiding19 Posts: 2,385
    If someone helps me out I will be forever greatful and pay for both tickets!!!!!! And you will have made a friend for life!!!!!
    Out of the Blue and Into the Black................Uncle Neil Philly 08 here I come!!!!
  • Hello everyone, I have never posted on here before, so I apologize for not being a part of this community, but I am willing to pay a lot of money for a Vic ticket, if anyone has one to spare, please message me! Or you can email me at: Usta3015@aol.com.. I will by accident be arriving in Chicago on the 2nd in the afternoon.. I realize a lot of people didnt get in, but I am definitely going to be there on the 2nd. Please message me, and thanks!
    Mind you, I still think that local Chicagoans should get first dibs. I will cover both tix and buy the generous owner beers all night at the show. . .
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    evenkat wrote:
    Oh I hope you get tickets too! Helen did get a ticket so keep trying.

Any Irish love for a new daddy iving in Iowa? ;)

I need a ticket if anyone has an extra...I know request #3.45 million, but I have to try.

I'll consider naming my new born baby (will be born tomorrow) after you. ;)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • pj14pj14 Posts: 105
    if any1 has an extra i will give them a free pj poster and a mike pick and buy them food!!!!!!! ive been waiting for this day for about 10 years
  • locatlocat Posts: 11
    I had to work and left my husband and son home to get tickets today! The helplessness I experienced as the minutes ticked by after 1pm with no phone call....I live about 20 minutes from Chicago! This is my FUCKIN' DREAM to see my favorite band play the tiny Vic! I've got Sunday Lollapalooza but I've been to the other Lolla's and I'm too old to fight the CRAZIES and wait in the July Heat all day to get up front!
    I'm SERIOUS! i want a ticket to this show and if anybody can help out please email me!
    lmason2926@aol.com!
    I need something good to happen to me this week! Please come through!
  • given2fallgiven2fall Posts: 98
    The tix didn't even show 'til about 20 after, and by then they already said temporarily unavailable. Still continued to refresh for a couple hours. Got the buy button about a dozen times, but every time I clicked it, the next screen would say temp. unavail. again.
    Damn, damn, damn!
    Well at least I know there's no more I could've done. I tried. No asking "what if?". It wasn't my fault. Damn how I tried. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I'll survive. Somehow.

Thanks to PJ and 10C for all your hard work and for even giving us this chance to begin with. The system isn't perfect, but I guess that's just life. You guys are awesome!
    To everyone to managed to get tix - DAMN YOU! :) Seriously, have fun. You guys all better make the most of it. And when you're there, scream once for me.

"It was Luke's fault" (Ed after stumbling on Soon Forget at Kitchener '05)
  • DaytimeDilemmaDaytimeDilemma Posts: 2,008
    Oh My God.

First reply in the thread, and still my current expression...especialy now when I know I will actually fucking be there. Unbelivable.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,355
    First reply in the thread, and still my current expression...especialy now when I know I will actually fucking be there. Unbelivable.

Awesome for you. I'm still trying to find a way in, but for you and everyne else that got tickets, congrats and have a hell of a time for those of us left out. It'll be special.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Anyone have an extra ticket that is need of a hotel for the night. I can pay for my ticket and pickup your hotel for the night. (someplace on the Mile and not with me)
    this might be a good way to make all parties happy

let me know
    PLEASE
  • Sold out in two minutes. A great testament to Pearl Jam fans. I am so bummed I can't tell you. I was high as a kite at the prospect of being in such an intimate venue. I teach college and had to leave my class working on a group activity to go next door to my office to login to try to buy tickets and the ten minutes that it took to finally get to Chicago Tix icon with all the traffic on the site and realize that I was NOT going to be lucky enough to get tickets sent me into a deep depression this afternoon. I kept getting timeout error messages trying to click on Tickets under Goods. I was more majorly bummed when I looked online to see that by 2:40 someone was scalping their tickets for $700 each. They should have their 10C membership stripped. I'm on the "waiting list" to get a pair of tickets if someone has a lobotomy and gives up their prized possession. Oh, well, it wasn't in the cards apparently. How many of you on here are lucky enough to have gotten tickets? Go ahead, rub it in. How many of you experienced the same "technical difficulties" apparently due to the traffic on the pearljam.com site? Take care and thanks to 10C for making this type of fans only event possible. I just wish it had been my lucky day.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,772
    I see that some sold ther extra ticket on Ebay. Maybe they should've had a ONE TICKET LIMIT?
  • Sold out in two minutes. A great testament to Pearl Jam fans. I am so bummed I can't tell you. I was high as a kite at the prospect of being in such an intimate venue. I teach college and had to leave my class working on a group activity to go next door to my office to login to try to buy tickets and the ten minutes that it took to finally get to Chicago Tix icon with all the traffic on the site and realize that I was NOT going to be lucky enough to get tickets sent me into a deep depression this afternoon. I kept getting timeout error messages trying to click on Tickets under Goods. I was more majorly bummed when I looked online to see that by 2:40 someone was scalping their tickets for $700 each. They should have their 10C membership stripped. I'm on the "waiting list" to get a pair of tickets if someone has a lobotomy and gives up their prized possession. Oh, well, it wasn't in the cards apparently. How many of you on here are lucky enough to have gotten tickets? Go ahead, rub it in. How many of you experienced the same "technical difficulties" apparently due to the traffic on the pearljam.com site? Take care and thanks to 10C for making this type of fans only event possible. I just wish it had been my lucky day.

ok, it didn't sell out in 2 minutes. i got a pair an hour and a half after they went on sale.
  • Danni CDanni C Posts: 54
    Does 10c ever contact eBay and report that it is an illegal ale? On Ebay you couldn't sell for more than $2 above face (at least it used to be that way, which sucked too, since that didn't include charges)

Or do they get the email adress of the seller? In this case the seller is a Ticket shop - how do they get away with it - they should be easy to find.
    Buckeye tix.
    We should all send them hate mail at the very least. No, No, that's probably illegal too - seriously, under some Postal laws.

e-bay dont care unfortunately as they make too much money from it.. we could buy it and say will pay on the day and report him to 10C after??? or we could just put ridiculous bids on and then retract at the end..
  • I am offering my Washington, D.C. poster from the 5-30-06 show, a meal, a free night in my Chicago hotel over Lolla weekend, and my soul to anyone who wants to give or sell me a ticket to the Vic show.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side.
    I am right by your side.
  • Where was the insane out cry for tickets when the money was going to a great cause? Bummed I couldn't get Vic tickets but I will always have my House of Blues memories. Have a great time all of you how got in.
  • MirellaMirella Posts: 242
    A lottery for such small venues would involve much less stress. Just let people enroll (like the normal sales), and then randomly draw numbers of the lucky ones and let them all know at a certain day, set in advance.

groetjes,
    Mirella :)
    Bugs mailinglist site: http://www.igotbugs.net/wiki
  • wendy wrockswendy wrocks Posts: 135
    I have 2 hotel roooms - will trade a room at The Congress from Friday - Monday with A Saturday Cabanna pass for a Vic Tik

http://www.myspace.com/wendy62
    Honolulu, 2006, Lollapalooza, 2007, WPB, June 11, 2008 (my birthday!!!!!)
    Bonnaroo 2008, MSG June 24, The Beacon July 1, 2008 (Robin Hood Rocks)
    United Palace Theatre August 5, 2008, NJPAC August 7, 2008 (EV Solo)
    Tower Theater, Upper Darby, PA June 11, 2009 (My Birthday!), June 12
    The Spectrum Oct 27, 30, 31, 2009
    The Rock, May 18,(Front Row Center), MSG May 20, 21 2010

• Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    Does anyone know what the % is of people who bought tix yesterday, and how many people from the board got tickets?
  • smokenatreesmokenatree Posts: 100
    given2fall wrote:
    The tix didn't even show 'til about 20 after, and by then they already said temporarily unavailable. Still continued to refresh for a couple hours. Got the buy button about a dozen times, but every time I clicked it, the next screen would say temp. unavail. again.
    Damn, damn, damn!
    Well at least I know there's no more I could've done. I tried. No asking "what if?". It wasn't my fault. Damn how I tried. I guess it just wasn't meant to be. I'll survive. Somehow.

Thanks to PJ and 10C for all your hard work and for even giving us this chance to begin with. The system isn't perfect, but I guess that's just life. You guys are awesome!
    To everyone to managed to get tix - DAMN YOU! :) Seriously, have fun. You guys all better make the most of it. And when you're there, scream once for me.
    My tickets showed right at 200pm on the dot and I used IE so I have no idea what is going on with all this twenty minute later chatter!
  • NOTHINGFANNOTHINGFAN Posts: 69
    Someone sell me a ticket, please. Send me a PM if you can help me out.
    Oh help me, help me from myself!!!

Theres not going to be an accoustic version of Blood or anything like that, so feel free to sit down.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I can't believe I really got the tickets.

I don't want to jump up and down here because I feel bad for those who also worked as hard and didn't get any. :(

Like others, I didn't see the tickets for a long time, then temp out of stock for quite a while, then finally a buy button that didn't work for at least 20 minutes straight before finally getting in the cart.

We all knew this was going to be difficult with small number of tickets available.

Some of you will end up getting the extra tickets (geez, please don't give up your first born for this! ha) or hang around at the venue - likely someone there will have extras.

But don't cave in for anything more than face value. We'll hunt 'em down!

Bobby and I will see you there!
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • I work for Jetblue and could hook you up with 2 round trip buddy passes for your extra Vic Theatre ticket... They are good for anywhere Jetblue flies and would save you hundreds of dollars(if not about a thousand!).... The passes are good for standby use, but since I work here, I can tell you which flights look good to go on. Cross country flights cost $52, medium haul flights are $30(ORD to JFK) and short hauls are $15(JFK to BOS for instance) each way. Therse are also good for multi city trips in the same day. You can fly from Chicago through JFK to the Bahamas, Aruba, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic etc. The only extra costs is for taxes if flying international.

Please let me know if you'd be interested or if you have any questions about these. I can give you my number at work for you to verify the legitamacy of this offer also!

I would be flying into ORD from LA on Wed or Thurs.

Thanks!
    10/22/00 LV, 10/24/00 LA, 10/20/01 SF, 10/21/01 AF, 12/8/02 SEA, 12/9/02 SEA, 6/3/03 Irvine, 7/9/03 MSG, 9/1/05 Gorge, 6/3/06 NJ, 7/9/06 LA, 7/10/06 LA, 7/12/06 The Fonda, 7/13/06 SB, 7/22/06 Gorge, 7/23/06 Gorge, 10/21/06 SF, 10/22/06 SF, 12/2/06 HAW, 12/9/06 HAW, 4/10/08 SB, 4/12/08 LA, 4/15/08 SD
  • JackisBackJackisBack Posts: 92
    Dreamfire2 wrote:
    Technically its not in violation of any law just 10C policies and as such if 10c finds out who it is they be banned fast.

Technically...it's illegal for someone without a "Broker's license" to sell a ticket in NYC for above face value. Every state has its own rules regarding ticket scalping/brokers.
  • AvocadoLadyAvocadoLady Posts: 680
    Illegal in Illinois, too.
    "What happens when so many people agree on something? Can we take this beyond the parking lot when we leave tonight?" -EV, Iconoclasts
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Posts: 4,895
    Rubysdad, the first poster here is the ODLEST(by time as a member of the board) member of the put not named admin/kat/sea?

maybe you are really someone else.......hmmmmm

as Men at Work woudl say"Who Can IT Be Now?"
This discussion has been closed.