Talented members of bands you don't like?

2»

Comments

• the drummers for Zao and Poison the Well are both amazing...if anyone knows them.
    06: 6/3 E. Ruth 07: 8/5 Chicago 08: 6/19 Philly, 6/22 DC, 6/30 Boston 09: 6/12 EV-Philly, 9/30-31 Spectrum III & IV 10: 5/18 Newark 11: 6/25 EV-Philly, 9/3-4 (PJ20) 12: 9/2 Philly 13: 7/19 Wrigley, 10/21-22 Philly 16: 4/29 Philly, 8/20 & 8/22 Wrigley, 11/4 TOTD-Philly 18: 9/4 Fenway 22: 9/14 Camden
  • flea - red hot chili peppers
    dave grohl - poo fighters
    moby - moby (i hate "his" music but is one of the nicest guys)
    manyard - tool / a perfect circle
  • taratara Posts: 293
    man, i hate rush, why? geddy lee (sp?) the other dudes can play though
    and who is this john mayer that you all keep talking about? (i don't get any music tv channels, and stopped listening to the radio because it seems like every dj is a mysoginistic bastard with an iq of about 20), is he that wierd curly haired, pouty lipped, blue eyed guy that sings just barely above a whisper? he's kinda annoying, like he went into music to get with the ladies.
    No problem can be solved from the same consciousness that created it.
    Albert Einstein
  • I know I'm setting myself up for crucifixion, BUT...sometimes I really like Mars Volta, somehow the singer really gets to me.
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • flea - red hot chili peppers
    dave grohl - poo fighters
    moby - moby (i hate "his" music but is one of the nicest guys)
    manyard - tool / a perfect circle

So you are saying that although you respect certain members of these bands, you hate Tool, Foo Fighters and RHCP??? Are you serious...you can't be serious...please say you aren't serious. Tool might be the most musically, lyrically and socially adept bands EVER. Foo Fighters started as only Dave Grohl...he was the first and ONLY member, so how could you respect Dave, but hate the band that he by himself created. Oh yea, if it wasn't for RHCP, Pearl Jam wouldn't have Ed. Sorry, but you are wrong.
    I'm trying to drink away the part of the day I cannot sleep away...
  • tonadaxtonadax Posts: 594
    steve harris is a good bass player, i don´t like iron maiden...

dave mustaine is a great guitarrist, he can play any complex metal song, i don´t like megadeth...

the members of sonic youth are very creative musicians, i don´t like the band...

jhon otto is a very talented drummer, good tecniques, i don´t like limp bizkit...

travis parker...
  • BrainofdzBrainofdz Posts: 1,617
    I have always loved Built To Spill's music, but hated the vocalist. So I am going to say everyone in that band but the singer.

I could see someone not liking his voice.
    He's a badass guitarist though.(Doug Martsch)

Another guitarist I always liked was Wes Borland (hated Limp Bizkit)
    "Stunned by my own reflection, It's looking back, sees me too clearly and I swore I'd never go there again, Not unlike a friend that politely drags you down,down,down"

When you see me on the street, yell out "FAVO!!!"

I've been to alot of Pearl Jam shows;So fucking what.
  • PJ PookPJ Pook Posts: 109
    I absolutely love the music Smashing Pumpkins create, I can't stand Billy Corgans voice. I don't know why, it just drives me insane!
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Yeag Billy's voice isnt great, but i couldnt hear SP songs being song any other way.